• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Mullins the Choice?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense seems better with him in there. I still like him as the backup though but Shanahan must be wondering.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JimmyG to Jimmywho?
Need to be able to hit the receiver in stride in this offense.
Who ever can do that best

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The offense seems better with him in there. I still like him as the backup though but Shanahan must be wondering.

with that performance why not another game? like the fact he didn't turn it over granted i recall one play where he got lucky.

the other part to this is to ensure JG's ankle is 100%. Rushing him back isn't good cause of the higher chance of aggravating it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with that performance why not another game? like the fact he didn't turn it over granted i recall one play where he got lucky.

the other part to this is to ensure JG's ankle is 100%. Rushing him back isn't good cause of the higher chance of aggravating it.
I meant is the the choice as the starting QB. He doesn't look like he doing much but then you look up at the end of the games and he's 26 for 35 for 340 yards with no turnovers. Its starting to become something to think about.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I meant is the the choice as the starting QB. He doesn't look like he doing much but then you look up at the end of the games and he's 26 for 35 for 340 yards with no turnovers. Its starting to become something to think about.

I will agree with "something to think about" but no, wouldn't name Mullens the starting QB. I'm just glad we have a good back-up at this critical position. I think it will be something to think about as the cap gets to "the hilt"? With so many FA's next off-season, Lynch and Shannahan would have to at least "think about" this situation.

But do want JG to be healed and not rushed back too soon, so i'd play Mullens this week if necessary? There are 13 games left, five against West opponents, can't aggravate JG's ankle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with "something to think about" but no, wouldn't name Mullens the starting QB. I'm just glad we have a good back-up at this critical position. I think it will be something to think about as the cap gets to "the hilt"? With so many FA's next off-season, Lynch and Shannahan would have to at least "think about" this situation.

But do want JG to be healed and not rushed back too soon, so i'd play Mullens this week if necessary? There are 13 games left, five against West opponents, can't aggravate JG's ankle.
Agreed. But Garoppolo is not making it easy on himself with his poor play. I cannot believe how badly he choked against Arizona. That cannot continue

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. But Garoppolo is not making it easy on himself with his poor play. I cannot believe how badly he choked against Arizona. That cannot continue

JG didn't play as well as he should've against Arizona, but he was doing really well against the Jets, even with the ankle injury. JG won't be perfect all the time, but he's still good in this offense. If he can duplicate his stats from last season - less some INT's - that's solid numbers.

As long as the O-line can hold, no reason not to have good passing numbers again. Once everyone returns (Kittle, Deebo, Reed) JG will do just fine. Aiyuk is beginning to flash too which should help with intermediate/long routes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG didn't play as well as he should've against Arizona, but he was doing really well against the Jets, even with the ankle injury. JG won't be perfect all the time, but he's still good in this offense. If he can duplicate his stats from last season - less some INT's - that's solid numbers.

As long as the O-line can hold, no reason not to have good passing numbers again. Once everyone returns (Kittle, Deebo, Reed) JG will do just fine. Aiyuk is beginning to flash too which should help with intermediate/long routes.
Doesn't everyone? Garoppolo seems to lack confidence at times but at full strength, I agree, he will do fine in this offense. The thing that strikes me about Mullins is that he excelled without all those guys you mentioned above. But, if Samuel can come back this year I think he and Aiyuk will make quite a pair of bookends on that offensive front which should help any QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't everyone? Garoppolo seems to lack confidence at times but at full strength, I agree, he will do fine in this offense. The thing that strikes me about Mullins is that he excelled without all those guys you mentioned above. But, if Samuel can come back this year I think he and Aiyuk will make quite a pair of bookends on that offensive front which should help any QB.

Yes, so as long as pass protect holds up, the passing game should be fine with either JG or Mullens. Not claiming it'll be explosive, but more than enough. Aiyuk is more critical because he can run longer pass routes over Deebo. Almost every receiver can do well within 10 yards, but Aiyuik will have to fill the Goodwin role.

The concern so far is that the run game isn't good. Shannahan's offense depends a lot on the run game being effective. Yes, Mostert had a long run, but overall the run game isn't nearly as good as last season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, so as long as pass protect holds up, the passing game should be fine with either JG or Mullens. Not claiming it'll be explosive, but more than enough. Aiyuk is more critical because he can run longer pass routes over Deebo. Almost every receiver can do well within 10 yards, but Aiyuik will have to fill the Goodwin role.

The concern so far is that the run game isn't good. Shannahan's offense depends a lot on the run game being effective. Yes, Mostert had a long run, but overall the run game isn't nearly as good as last season.
To many new O Linemen

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think we got the answer to this question tonight against Philly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is overrated.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dallas is trying to trade for him as we speak.

Obviously if the pick is high go ahead, else i wouldn't trade him. He suits the 49er offense well as a back up QB, don't think we can upgrade the back-up spot more than Mullens?

What is high? A 2nd rounder, or maybe a 3rd with other things packaged with it?