• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miami the next NCAA target? Looks like it...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The following link has shortcuts to the full allegations of each player, former and current, along with documentation. This is death penalty worthy.

Investigations on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games
Wont hapen unless it is self imposed. The NCAA will not issue a death penalty on a program again, especially on one with such a high revenue stream. There will be major sanctions but no death penalty unless the president of UM wants to shut down the football program...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing that could happen to us is Jacory Harris getting suspended.

;)

Seriously though, all of those inroads that we have made in the Miami area with a few schools are about to pay off even more in the next few years.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sanctions will match the allegations though? It would be deserving of it whether it happens or not. How many scholarships can you take away and how long of a post season ban? What else can really be done? It doesn't hurt the program to vacate wins.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder Miami has still sucked with great recruiting classes. It was like they were in the NFL already. They were getting paid either way.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is getting sad how corrupt it all is.

It's been corrupt for quite some time, but it appears we finally have an NCAA administration willing to do what it takes to level the playing field.

The real question is how far can this new NCAA administration go before the programs being investigated band together to attempt eliminate the NCAA? You know there has to be a ton of discussion on this topic behind closed doors.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really stinks about this mess is Paul Dee was the AD at Miami went down, and now he is (or at least was until a year or so ago) the head of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. The whole damn system is corrupt.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see schools banding together to eliminate the NCAA when the NCAA is just enforcing the rules finally. The schools would lose so much. Their reputations would be shot not just at the athletics level but academically. They could lose state funding and then they are screwed. They will have to take it on the chin.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is also caught up in the Lyles issue. With the NCAA investigations getting much tougher, several SEC programs are starting to get real nervous. Not sure Auburn's going to catch anything at all.

Jumping out of the ACC into the SEC may be similar to jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Agreed - makes total sense that commissioner Slive wants to get out of the NCAA umbrella now and institute an authoritative organization that is made up of the major conferences. Under this deal as many know he is pushing to start paying players which is a bad bad bad idea, especially if these schools are also caught up in collegiate shadiness...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are already being paid. It is called a scholarship. That means 10-40,000 a year depending on the school. If they can't afford their apartment then live in the dorms like the other kids who can't afford an apartment. Take out a student loan. Broke students who aren't athletes can find a way, so can they.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are already being paid. It is called a scholarship. That means 10-40,000 a year depending on the school. If they can't afford their apartment then live in the dorms like the other kids who can't afford an apartment. Take out a student loan. Broke students who aren't athletes can find a way, so can they.

Not sure if you are going with the rhetorical route here and if so I totally I get what you are saying. But they want an additional stipend for football players as well. Which is the WRONG way to go.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load of shit as in Dee and the whole situation of him being in that position.

I know they are going for additional payments but I think that is wrong. They are paying them already. The sad part is you don't hear about the non-scholarship players that are on the team screwing up much ever do you?

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with all of this going on with Miami - enter speculation from all of us. So I will start and I know this may seem crazy and it is completely unfounded, but I wonder if Marcus was involved. That is all I will say. Hunz probably knows where I am coming from here.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus? I hope you don't mean Marcus Davis?

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV

Edit: Like I am saying it is unfounded and probably never happened. We all know he was susceptible to being caught up in bad stuff that's why I was throwing it out there. As we all know, Beamer dropped him and this dude took away any real chance of winning a NC for several years after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Golden's thoughts of the school after hiring him knowing this investigation was looming:

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah to all this shit. Where's the Tylenol?"

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load of shit as in Dee and the whole situation of him being in that position.

I know they are going for additional payments but I think that is wrong. They are paying them already. The sad part is you don't hear about the non-scholarship players that are on the team screwing up much ever do you?

Ok, I thought so... I was reading that site and it seemed pretty standard for the amount of crap I had already heard about Dee.

I agree that paying players is a bad idea (especially if the NCAA hasn't been able to wrap their heads and hands around NOT paying players) but paying students to go to school, above and beyond tuition, in not unheard of, right? How does a grad school stipend work?

BTW... this is the wildest smiley I've ever seen on the interwebnets:
:bj:

Who are you people? :twitch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I thought so... I was reading that site and it seemed pretty standard for the amount of crap I had already heard about Dee.

I agree that paying players is a bad idea (especially if the NCAA hasn't been able to wrap their heads and hands around NOT paying players) but paying students to go to school, above and beyond tuition, in not unheard of, right? How does a grad school stipend work?

BTW... this is the wildest smiley I've ever seen on the interwebnets:
:bj:

Who are you people? :twitch:

Grad school stipends include tuition. I am not sure about room and board as I have never lived on campus but there is this big chunk of "discretionary funds" assigned to each student, so I assume that if asked, room and board would also be included. In addition, you do get a stipend (about 1600-2000 a month) to perform work (teaching, research etc...) for usually 20 recorded hours a week.