• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Miami the next NCAA target? Looks like it...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the whole article... If even 1% of it is true, its death penalty worthy. Among the prohibited benefits, gifts and *ahem* services, this booster claims he paid for jewelry, dinners, club nights, prostitutes, parties and... Drum roll...

an abortion 8O

See ya later Miami.

Here's the quote:
At a cost that Shapiro estimates in the millions of dollars, he said his benefits to athletes included but were not limited to cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and, on one occasion, an abortion.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
cbfowler Chris Fowler
NCAA has 4 yr statute of limitations, but up to a dozen current Canes implicated by Shapiro. IF there's proof, there's a big problem.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heard that J. Harris is implicated...

Do you think Miami will follow the UNC model and start suspending players for 2011, or let the year run out before they take any action?

I wonder if Al Golden had any idea what he was getting into?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this coming into light along with the UNC situation, this could put ACC football in the gutter. Depends on what happens with these schools, (loss of scholies, possible death penalty) it would set these teams WAAAAY back in their push to get back to relevance. UNC and The U (along with VT and FSU) are widely thought to be the best football schools in the conference. Just another reason to bolt to the SEC IF offered....

SEC Expansion: Is Virginia Tech the Wild Card Here? | Bleacher Report

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the whole article... If even 1% of it is true, its death penalty worthy. Among the prohibited benefits, gifts and *ahem* services, this booster claims he paid for jewelry, dinners, club nights, prostitutes, parties and... Drum roll...

an abortion 8O
See ya later Miami.

Here's the quote:
At a cost that Shapiro estimates in the millions of dollars, he said his benefits to athletes included but were not limited to cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and, on one occasion, an abortion.

WTH - Bounties for injuring players is pretty messed up.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did anyone really believe Miami was legit all those years? They built one of the greatest teams ever on the heels of stiff probation, and had to overcome one of the most dominant decades ever by their arch-rival Florida State. It only seems logical that getting out of that deep hole all the way to the top would take significant time.

In my honest opinion, they were NEVER clean. Probation was just a time when they kept the cheating low profile.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also while the article points out this guy had contact with the team in providing benefits starting in 2001, I am sure he started wooing the team much earlier which would have then been under Butch's watch. What a POS.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is the possibility of 2 ACC teams getting the Death Penalty now. (UNC is possible depending on if they paid players to stay) If SEC offers VT I agree that we should move. The ACC is going to be damaged goods for a long time.(UNC,GT,UM)

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just another reason to bolt to the SEC IF offered....

With other FBS conferences getting hit hard by the NCAA, it's just a matter of time before teams in the SEC takes it on the chin. If we leave the ACC to go to the SEC we could be stepping into a situation that may be MUCH worse.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we have any 2012 recruits that were bouncing between VT and UM that may get a second look now?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With other FBS conferences getting hit hard by the NCAA, it's just a matter of time before teams in the SEC takes it on the chin. If we leave the ACC to go to the SEC we could be stepping into a situation that may be MUCH worse.

I could see some SEC schools getting busted but the only major one I feel might be Auburn with Bama catch some minor things for the off campus memorabilia store. LSU might have some issues with the Lyles thing but don't know beyond that. I don't have much knowledge about SEC investigations but the ACC is going to be hurting even worse now. UM seems like a ginormous cluster fuck of problems.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see some SEC schools getting busted but the only major one I feel might be Auburn with Bama catch some minor things for the off campus memorabilia store. LSU might have some issues with the Lyles thing but don't know beyond that. I don't have much knowledge about SEC investigations but the ACC is going to be hurting even worse now. UM seems like a ginormous cluster fuck of problems.

Bama is also caught up in the Lyles issue. With the NCAA investigations getting much tougher, several SEC programs are starting to get real nervous. Not sure Auburn's going to catch anything at all.

Jumping out of the ACC into the SEC may be similar to jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1313263565.jpg

Nevin Shapiro said he took this Biscayne Bay photo on the back of his $1.6 million yacht in the summer of 2003. Pictured from left to right are D.J. Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr. and then-Nebraska defensive end Benard Thomas.

going to Nebraska next?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitch for the B1G? lol How serious are the SEC allegations looking though? UNC and UM are pretty major things. UM blows my mind really