• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Leighton available?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, that game was awesome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My vote would be for Garth Snow to put on the giant shoulder pads and become the first player/GM.

I can see him now . . . giving Crosby a tap after he dives like the one he gave to pussy Barnaby.

[YOUTUBE]LOD-kyvL_J8[/YOUTUBE]

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but no one grabbed him. If the Flyers were to recall him the isles could snag him on the way up and only have to pay half the salary. I don't think they'll move him until the playoffs though and at that point I can't see anyone doing this.

Reentry waivers are dumb and hockey is dumb for having them.

Hey, NHL guy. Have a few bad months and get stuck in the AHL, but all of a sudden you are tearing it up and you want to help your team win the cup? TOO BAD, you'll get claimed by the Islanders. Well, not the Islanders, they don't like spending money, but you'll get claimed by a team as bad as them, and we hope you like golf, because that's the only type of playoff you'll be seeing this year.

Hey, NHL GM guy. Have an abundance of talent that nobody thought to claim on the way down, and now you want to capitalize that when one of your players gets hurt but you still have healthy scratches around? TOO BAD, your division rivals want your dudes, and now you are stuck paying half the salary of the guy who just scored a hat trick on you.

Hey, NHL fan guy. Spent your hard earned money on actually attending a game, and not, say, any of the other professional sports that don't have shitty reentry waiver rules, and now you want to see the best possible product on ice? TOO BAD, some stud is buried in the minors and they can't recall him because 29 NHL teams and a few KHL teams will claim him before he so much as moves towards a waiver form, and now he's on the Phantoms for the rest of the year. Well, not the Phantoms, as Philly hasn't had a first round draft pick since seemingly the year they joined the league, but you get the idea.

The only good thing about reentry waivers is that they prevent a GM from getting a bunch of good guys and overpaying them to play in the minors. Here's the thing though, You know what else keeps a GM from getting a bunch of good guys and overpaying them to play in the minors? REGULAR WAIVERS. I absolutely see the need to prevent teams from constantly shuffling players to the minors, evading paying their real cap hits by demoting them for a few days to save some green. That would defeat the purpose of the salary cap, would rob the fans of the product they paid to see, and would seriously disrupt the personal life of the player involved. But it's also unfair to the teams to have to risk losing a player TWICE. If nobody gets them on the way down, they should be free of risk on the way back up.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vadered, understand that the re-entry waivers are the player's doing. THeir union wants to ensure the player paychecks, so the contracts are guaranteed. THey don't want to give a team free reign to send a player down, so they allow the player a chance to stay in the NHL, and give the team pause before demoting a player. I hate it, but it isn't the league's fault.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Reentry waivers are dumb and hockey is dumb for having them.

Hey, NHL guy. Have a few bad months and get stuck in the AHL, but all of a sudden you are tearing it up and you want to help your team win the cup? TOO BAD, you'll get claimed by the Islanders. Well, not the Islanders, they don't like spending money, but you'll get claimed by a team as bad as them, and we hope you like golf, because that's the only type of playoff you'll be seeing this year.

Hey, NHL GM guy. Have an abundance of talent that nobody thought to claim on the way down, and now you want to capitalize that when one of your players gets hurt but you still have healthy scratches around? TOO BAD, your division rivals want your dudes, and now you are stuck paying half the salary of the guy who just scored a hat trick on you.

Hey, NHL fan guy. Spent your hard earned money on actually attending a game, and not, say, any of the other professional sports that don't have shitty reentry waiver rules, and now you want to see the best possible product on ice? TOO BAD, some stud is buried in the minors and they can't recall him because 29 NHL teams and a few KHL teams will claim him before he so much as moves towards a waiver form, and now he's on the Phantoms for the rest of the year. Well, not the Phantoms, as Philly hasn't had a first round draft pick since seemingly the year they joined the league, but you get the idea.

The only good thing about reentry waivers is that they prevent a GM from getting a bunch of good guys and overpaying them to play in the minors. Here's the thing though, You know what else keeps a GM from getting a bunch of good guys and overpaying them to play in the minors? REGULAR WAIVERS. I absolutely see the need to prevent teams from constantly shuffling players to the minors, evading paying their real cap hits by demoting them for a few days to save some green. That would defeat the purpose of the salary cap, would rob the fans of the product they paid to see, and would seriously disrupt the personal life of the player involved. But it's also unfair to the teams to have to risk losing a player TWICE. If nobody gets them on the way down, they should be free of risk on the way back up.

is there a short version for the not so smart

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha but the point is if during the playoffs the Flyers have another goalie get injured that's when its nice to have a guy like Leights to call up and its doubtful that someone would snag him...unless the team they are playing who is lower ranked does it to keep Philly from using him. Now that would be nasty if it happened!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha but the point is if during the playoffs the Flyers have another goalie get injured that's when its nice to have a guy like Leights to call up and its doubtful that someone would snag him...unless the team they are playing who is lower ranked does it to keep Philly from using him. Now that would be nasty if it happened!

Exactly. That is the only drawback to calling him up in the playoffs. Someone else takes his contract for next year, giving the Flyers $1.55M more to spend on a hell of a free agent goalie crop.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That is the only drawback to calling him up in the playoffs. Someone else takes his contract for next year, giving the Flyers $1.55M more to spend on a hell of a free agent goalie crop.

I don't disagree but I want to see Philly win a cup this year and I'd rather have Leights get called up than more for his experience than any of the other goalies in the system. It would suck balls if someone snagged him in that situation...next year who cares is right!