• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is LeBron James better than Michael Jordan?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is an intriguing topic to debate. Was wondering what people here thought about it. Is LeBron better than MJ?
No doubt, especially considering the fact that MJ had a much better supporting cast of players than Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, especially considering the fact that MJ had a much better supporting cast of players than Lebron.

MJ did have a better supporting cast then what LeBron has in Cleveland. Not Miami though...

The real thing is that talent was so spread out in the 90s, MJ never had to face a superteam like the Warriors or even the Spurs. He beat a lot of good teams, but the Bulls were the superteam of the 90s. It is almost like touting KD as being GOAT if the Warriors win the next 3 or 4. I think people have enough common sense not to do that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No..........................................LeBron is playing in the NBA where the rules of basketball no longer exist.

When Jordan played, two steps was trabelling. Today LBJ can take 3.

When Jordan played, you could not turn the ball over when dribbling, your hand had to remain on top of the ball. LBJ can carry the ball for a step.

When Jordan played, so did Bird, Magic, McHale, etc. He was challenged every time he took the court because players played defense. Nobody plays defense in the NBA.

60% of the fouls that LBJ commits are never called. If he played withy Jordan, he'd have learned that his game had to follow the rules of the game and not the rules of TV money.

I coached youth basketball for 40 years and the kids I coached in 1975 would be slaughtered by the kids playing today because of the changes in what is allowed. I officiated basketball for over 30 years and I never allowed myself to control a game by calling fouls. If things were not going by the book, I called an official time out, called both coaches to the floor and warned them both, gave them 2 minutes to talk to their teams and 99% of the time the game was played as is should be.

Not as LeBron wants it to be for himself.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is an intriguing topic to debate. Was wondering what people here thought about it. Is LeBron better than MJ?

MJ was clutch every single time he got the ball. Lebron is pretty spectacular but he is not clutch every single time. MJ played incredible D. Lebron barely makes it to that side of the court.

Admittedly I am more of a casual fan of the game so this is with little watching of either's game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No..........................................LeBron is playing in the NBA where the rules of basketball no longer exist.

When Jordan played, you could not turn the ball over when dribbling, your hand had to remain on top of the ball. LBJ can carry the ball for a step.

When Jordan played, so did Bird, Magic, McHale, etc. He was challenged every time he took the court because players played defense. Nobody plays defense in the NBA.

60% of the fouls that LBJ commits are never called. If he played withy Jordan, he'd have learned that his game had to follow the rules of the game and not the rules of TV money.

I coached youth basketball for 40 years and the kids I coached in 1975 would be slaughtered by the kids playing today because of the changes in what is allowed. I officiated basketball for over 30 years and I never allowed myself to control a game by calling fouls. If things were not going by the book, I called an official time out, called both coaches to the floor and warned them both, gave them 2 minutes to talk to their teams and 99% of the time the game was played as is should be.

I think a lot of people are overreacting to Cleveland winning a series where Boston was clearly missing their two best players. MJ used to battle Boston teams that had Bird, McHale and Parrish, not Tatum, Brown and Rozier LOL

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. ROFLMAO. Jordan played during a time when the NBA was at its most PHYSICAL state 80s/90s. Handchecking allowed, no pussy flopping going on, physical defense was allowed a in a league full of great big men. Some of the best ever clogging the interior. All that is gone.

If he played today he would be an EASY 40-45ppg player every single season and would be LIVING at the FT line. :L

The Bad Boys Pistons beat the shit outta MJ.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's hilarious. Jordan was the poster boy for getting away with traveling.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was clutch every single time he got the ball. Lebron is pretty spectacular but he is not clutch every single time. MJ played incredible D. Lebron barely makes it to that side of the court.

Admittedly I am more of a casual fan of the game so this is with little watching of either's game.

Hmm...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hilarious. Jordan was the poster boy for getting away with traveling.

Was about to say the same thing. He invented the superstar step.

Traveling is actually called a lot tighter today than it was in the 90s.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Lebron James has been for a while better than Jordan

You dont know basketball history if you dont know that Michael Jordan can never drag this dumpster fire of a roster to an NBA finals

Not even close

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was about to say the same thing. He invented the superstar step.

Traveling is actually called a lot tighter today than it was in the 90s.
The nostalgia of that era makes it difficult to even reason with people. The Bulls were also the dominant team in a heavy expansion era where six new teams diluted how good the rest of the field was while the Bulls stayed stacked.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he better. No not even close. Not even on the same planet. Jordan was so dominant they literally had to throw a bone MVPs to guys like Malone and Barkley. Jordan should have been MVP probably 8-9 times. 10 scoring champ, DPOY (Wheres Lebron's) 6-0 FMVP. 30ppg career regular season numbers. Most dominant playoff performances/numbers of all time.

All time stacked teams and a LOSING Finals record.

Lebron isn't even better than Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Bird. Nevermind MJ

At some point, you look like a total idiot

Today is really that point

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 All-Time

1. LeBron James
2. Ben Simmons
3. Joel Embiid
4. Markelle Fultz
5. Michael Jordan

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This win over Boston doesn’t push him over Jordan for me. Boston was missing their two best players. I’d take Jordan at his best over Lebron at his best, but Lebron has been at his best for a long long time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This win over Boston doesn’t push him over Jordan for me. Boston was missing their two best players. I’d take Jordan at his best over Lebron at his best, but Lebron has been at his best for a long long time.

See that is the thing.

People are too fixated on the team result. It isn't the Cavs beating Boston that is impressive. It is LeBron's performance in those games that elevated his team and gave them a chance.

He can average 45-12-10 against golden state and the Cavs might still get swept.

And it will be the same narrative. The objective people will be talking about how great LeBron is and the haters will say the loss somehow diminishes his greatness. It does no such thing. Just like the win last night isn't the reason people are taking about him alongside Mike.