• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jimmy G in control?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft won't let him and god I hope he's not that stupid
He wanted to sign him to a big contract like 6 years ago, after he only lasted 6 Q's here before he got injured. Luckily Kraft put his foot down and NE went to 3 more SB's. If Mac didn't look promising his rookie year, I could see BB trying to do it. He doesn't play Butler in the SB, but signs him for this season

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They don't need to do anything with him at this point so might as well keep him and make a push to trade him when he's healthy. His money is basically going towards Bosa and Deebo's extensions so you're not missing out on free agents because of him so the only thing it's hurting is the chicken littles of the fanbase sanity.

The most likely scenario is that they end up releasing him but you might as well hold out and see if a team gets desperate after the draft or a starter gets injured. You had Teddy Bridgewater's knee blow up when he was with the Vikings in the offseason and they ended up coughing up a 1st rounder to the Eagles for Sam Bradford.

He's a functional starter and he does have streaks of big boy football but he's a pitcher with one good pitch and that's it. A defensive-minded team that wants to run the ball a lot and play great defense can get some use out of him and he can hold the fort down at least until you get someone to replace him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to do anything with him at this point so might as well keep him and make a push to trade him when he's healthy. His money is basically going towards Bosa and Deebo's extensions so you're not missing out on free agents because of him so the only thing it's hurting is the chicken littles of the fanbase sanity.

The most likely scenario is that they end up releasing him but you might as well hold out and see if a team gets desperate after the draft or a starter gets injured. You had Teddy Bridgewater's knee blow up when he was with the Vikings in the offseason and they ended up coughing up a 1st rounder to the Eagles for Sam Bradford.

He's a functional starter and he does have streaks of big boy football but he's a pitcher with one good pitch and that's it. A defensive-minded team that wants to run the ball a lot and play great defense can get some use out of him and he can hold the fort down at least until you get someone to replace him.
I agree. That's probably the likely scenario and the best thing for both parties at this point. Either way, they are looking at August probably. Until then, it's a bunch of meaningless speculation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to sign him to a big contract like 6 years ago, after he only lasted 6 Q's here before he got injured. Luckily Kraft put his foot down and NE went to 3 more SB's. If Mac didn't look promising his rookie year, I could see BB trying to do it. He doesn't play Butler in the SB, but signs him for this season

Yeah this is very true and scary since that most likely would have happened

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but would they be dumb enough to trade for him? Even IF he is healthy AND the draft is a bust for them?
cause a team is assured he plays for you and not be on the open market where other factors keep you from getting his services.
That will be worth a 5th or higher draft pick

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cause a team is assured he plays for you and not be on the open market where other factors keep you from getting his services.
That will be worth a 5th or higher draft pick

assuming he can remain healthy for more than 2 games

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but we are talking NFL QB...not a lot of solid options
look at wentz as an example
Truth GIF

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The chicken littles just don't seem to get this!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but would they be dumb enough to trade for him? Even IF he is healthy AND the draft is a bust for them?
I continuously tell myself not to be surprised by the shocking amount of stupidity around the league. Just takes the right amount of panic to set in.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continuously tell myself not to be surprised by the shocking amount of stupidity around the league. Just takes the right amount of panic to set in.

This is very true... So yeah, a team will be dumb

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many of you realize how desperate some teams are for a quality NFL QB, and when they don't have one they'll talk themselves into just about anything. Look at Indy and the Wentz from Philly deal, or Chicago giving up 4 first rounders for Trubisky and Fields, and they still don't know what they have. Desperate people do desperate things

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Thought I read it would be... Then if it isn't why the hell are the 49ers keeping him!?!?!
Because theyre at practoce every day and clearly know Lance isnt ready to play

All the other speculation is nonsense.

If SF felt like Lance was remotely capable right now hed be their starter.

A team doesnt give up what SF gave up to get Lance then waste 1-2 yesrs of his rookie deal sitting in the bench so he can backup a C/D tier QB unless theyre 100% certain the young guy cant play right now