• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it worth risking the future for a chance to win a superbowl?

Is it worth risking your team's future just to win a superbowl this year?

• Yes

• No

• Potato Salad and pork steaks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a SB will attract great players. Get the trophy it will look great in the new stadium.

Its seems when a team wins a SB, the top players on that team leave if they are FA. Have any of you noticed that?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its seems when a team wins a SB, the top players on that team leave if they are FA. Have any of you noticed that?

And I broke it down, the guys that won't be under contract next year from the nucleus is Suh, Joyner and Donald. Leaves, transition tag, franchise tag in that order. And that is worst case scenario.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shaggy. Good to see you are out and about and visiting the Rams board. BTW, why does one have to continually login to the SportsHoopla when one goes from the initial login to the Rams page and then shifts to another forum? I am logging in three and four times even if I click the "stay logged in" box at the top of the page.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shaggy. Good to see you are out and about and visiting the Rams board. BTW, why does one have to continually login to the SportsHoopla when one goes from the initial login to the Rams page and then shifts to another forum? I am logging in three and four times even if I click the "stay logged in" box at the top of the page.

You clicking on the "Remember me" check box? Also are you jumping from www. to the non www. ulrs?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have a few things going for us,

1. Big cap room 97 million in 2019 and 150 million in 2020
2. LA
3. New Stadium in 2020
4. Media Attention

Talib will be back next year at 8 million, Whitworth at 10.5, Brockers at 7.77

Withworth I can easily see helping out the team money wise, renegotiate his contract.

Austin renegotiated and now is on one year deal.

Peters 5th year option will be picked up for next season, so will Gurley's at around 9.5 million each.

Goff's 5th option will be picked up for 2020.

Now these core guys Goff, Gurley, Talib, Peters, Whitworth, Brockers will be back next year at 52.5 million assuming nobody renegotiates a new contract.

Which leaves Suh, Joyner, and Donald, among a few second tier players. Suh is most likely candidate to leave, money is the biggest factor to him. He doesn't give discounts. So he is one year player. Franchise tag for Donald would be around 20 million, if it comes to that. Joyner will most likely sign an extension, everyone is seeing how much safeties are worth now. So for some reason the Rams can't extend any of these 3 main guys, they will franchise Donald, let Suh walk and place transition tag on Joyner. Which they will have the cap space to do.

So we can stop with the Rams apocalypse.
Exactly Battlon!

I posted this on the Current Events thread but it is better situated for here...

We've all heard about how this is a 'make or break, all in year' about our Rams (And I've said 'all in' just not the the make or break aspect) with so many contracts needing attention in the near term.

But really, what did we give up for Suh and Peters?

As @SJ76 would say a bag of Cheetos, or one very low draft pick.

So for all of us playing along, those two aren't part of our long term plans if they don't pan out, right?

They just give us a greater chance of winning this year and complicate things next year if they play well.

Then again, if they both play well and so do the others either getting deals soon or gobble up a good portion of our $100M Cap space next year, we likely are SB Champs or at the very least in the Big Game to some degree.

If that should happen, we should get some options on team friendly deals, Suh comes to mind. Either getting multiple SB rings or a realistic chance at one makes me think these situations are very optimistic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams had all those draft picks and it for them nowhere. Snead prob figures he's better at signing established stars than finding future ones in the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know RobBase. We have three 4's and four 6's. We are going to find some pretty decent football players in the fourth round so, I wouldn't exactly say we have totally gone the FA route. Although this off-season, FA signings have been a more significant contribution to our roster than in past off-seasons.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RobBase is going back to the 2012 RGIII trade RR. I believe that was the first or second year Les Snead was a GM, and he had to work with Jeff Fisher and Fisher Ball and a totally depleted roster left over from the Linehan and Spags years...

Who knows if a healthy Bradford would have been enough of a compliment with those picks but when that changed, so did the value of those picks.

Also while most all of those picks are no longer on the roster (Save Brockers), there are still luxuries & parlay's of those picks such as Donald and the 4th & 6th for Tree this year. AD was a luxury 1st rounder who we may have not had the opportunity to pick unless we had the balls to take him 2nd overall when we desperately needed an LT to protect a fragile QB.

I think we can look at some of Snead's moves in the draft and see he can spot talent. Les did in fact draft all 5 Rams' Probowlers from last year's Probowl since the RGIII trade.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with potato salad. I'm just trying to keep up with all these moves and excited about this year.

I've already experienced 10-12 years of a big pile of shit, so I'm not really worried about our future. Lol. Is that bad?

Hell this organization needs some fans again. Best way to do it is win.

And watch Suh and Donald eat Bradfords leg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes a lot of pressure off Sneads back when he's not drafting players in the first 2 rounds and instead he's making trades for all pro players instead. Coaches have the talent to win so the pressure now is on the coaches/players.

And I like all the moves Snead has made besides Cooks -- unless we sign him at a fair price. You can't continue to throw EJ Gaines and a 2nd rounder out the window every year.

And next year we should have a good amount of draft picks to reload after signing major FA Pieces to Our team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SJ76. We are sitting pretty the next three years especially with the triumvariate of Snead, McVay, and Phillips leading the franchise.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be a bit pessimistic, but what if we're doing all this to just to sell out our new stadium in a few years? The PSL's are currently on sale and will likely be sold out real soon(especially based on the roster we have put together this coming season.) Just something to think about... However, with the salary cap flexibility we have over the next few seasons, we can actually keep the nucleus of this team together as long as we're smart with our resignings and depending on the new salary cap once the players get to renegotiate their union deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be a bit pessimistic, but what if we're doing all this to just to sell out our new stadium in a few years? The PSL's are currently on sale and will likely be sold out real soon(especially based on the roster we have put together this coming season.) Just something to think about... However, with the salary cap flexibility we have over the next few seasons, we can actually keep the nucleus of this team together as long as we're smart with our resignings and depending on the new salary cap once the players get to renegotiate their union deal.

I doubt that is the motivation, as some of these guys aren't likely to last on the roster that long. I would be surprised if Talib, Shields, and Suh are on the team beyond their current contracts.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that is the motivation, as some of these guys aren't likely to last on the roster that long. I would be surprised if Talib, Shields, and Suh are on the team beyond their current contracts.

Right now is the most important time for their PSL sales. Doesn't matter that some guys won't be there in three years. They need people to throw down big money, up to $100,000 for their PSL's right now. How do you do that? Have an exciting team and win now...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now is the most important time for their PSL sales. Doesn't matter that some guys won't be there in three years. They need people to throw down big money, up to $100,000 for their PSL's right now. How do you do that? Have an exciting team and win now...

So people are gullible enough to pay big money for PSLs to see players whose contracts expire before the stadium will open? Fools and their money...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning fills seats. The Rams have a stadium to pay for and they need to fill seats now. They won't do that by the old philosophy of yesterday that Fisher had. A team rebuild should not take 5 years and the Rams are proving that. Build it and win and they will come. Free agents will go and Free agents will come. Everyone wants to play for a winner.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Rambunctious. Who wants to go play for a perennial loser except people who were coached by the drama queen like Trumaine Johnson?!

Last edited: