• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is it really Opening Day today?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about your Padres this year.

So then the answer would be "Yes. I DO intend to bring my brand of bullshit to the baseball board this year! I have zero interest or knowledge of baseball but am a bored, frustrated Oregon football fan who wants to make others as miserable and bitter about their team as I am about mine."

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then the answer would be "Yes. I DO intend to bring my brand of bullshit to the baseball board this year! I have zero interest or knowledge of baseball but am a bored, frustrated Oregon football fan who wants to make others as miserable and bitter about their team as I am about mine."

why in the world would I be a bitter and frustrated Oregon fan? We on top of the world right now and expected by many to reach the CFB playoffs. We got Mariota returning along with a stout Line and WR core. We also got one of the best CB in the country coming back. We good up in Oregon.

But you are right about being bored. I got nothing to do over the summer months and no sports to follow. I've decided to start following baseball a little more this year. It's the only thing I got to be interested in sports wise.

back in '11 I tried and it was entertaining, since then ive slowly followed more and more each year. Use to really like baseball until probably the mid 00's where I just didn't have the time to follow it anymore.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks is a Philly fan? I picked them to lose 93 games and finish last in the NL East. :pound:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really looking forward to a Dodgers/Padres game tonight thought, Dodgers are suppose to be the top while the Padres are going to be lucky to not finish last. You'd think MLB who is trying desperately to create a new buzz around their product would give us something like Cards vs Giants or Red Sox vs whoever (besides the Yankees)

We need to remember this post when San Diego wins tonight.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day has morphed into:

Opening Game
Opening Day
Opening Night
Opening Week

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day has morphed into:

Opening Game
Opening Day
Opening Night
Opening Week

Which will eventually transition to

Geico Opening Game
Budweiser Opening Day
Quicken Loans Opening Night
Taco Bell Opening Week

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'n confused how have the Dodgers/Dbacks already played two games??

This has never happened in the past. :confused:

In 2012 the A's and Mariners played their opening games in Japan a week before everyone else.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which will eventually transition to

Geico Opening Game
Budweiser Opening Day
Quicken Loans Opening Night
Taco Bell Opening Week
As long as they don't start putting ads on jerseys....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don't start putting ads on jerseys....

Surely that will never happen but if it does, we all know it will be the Yankees who start it. :mad2:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for StateSide Opening Night. Padres get started on the right foot to be the surprise team of the year, maybe.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle could produce a decent team this year. At the very least more competitive than they have been in recent years.

The Cano move was the type of big move the franchise had been promising us for years now. But it really hasn't changed anything involving how the fans view this team.

Mariners fans are dying for this team to be competitive. We just have no faith in the ownership structure and the front office who have 0 accountability whether we win or lose. The franchise is making money by the truckloads right now, but it's just so frustrating so much of it ends up not being spent on the product for the field and the endless scapegoating of coaches like Eric Wedge for the dysfunctional ownership and management. It's so frustrating.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really looking forward to a Dodgers/Padres game tonight thought, Dodgers are suppose to be the top while the Padres are going to be lucky to not finish last. You'd think MLB who is trying desperately to create a new buzz around their product would give us something like Cards vs Giants or Red Sox vs whoever (besides the Yankees)

Too bad you're not in the MLB Marketing Dept, Ducks. Cause you sound like you know allot about the game. :L

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see OD aint here flapping his bill now. Not surprised.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see OD aint here flapping his bill now. Not surprised.

Here's what's going to happen.

Every single time the Padres lose this season, OD is going to start a thread about it.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played in Australia like a week ago. I think MLB has recently done these international games very early, help build market and expand their brand.

I don't have a problem with teams playing international games but it's pretty ridiculous to play the first two games on the other side of the world. It would be one thing if they were played in Mexico where Americans (and Canadians) could actually watch live at a normal hour but Australia is just ridiculous.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Royals thread be bumped if KC starts slow...:L

I'm really glad to see an active Royals poster here. I almost never watch AL baseball but when I do, it's to watch the Royals or Orioles. I went to a game at the K back in 2000 and have always pulled for you guys to put something together.