• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it just me, or are Texas fans grumpy as hell?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh, we got us a football coach, and I'm happy as hell. So, there's that. Hook'em!

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we were jolly ol' fellows after the Blake era...it's to be expected.

Optimism and some early wins will do yall good.

Here's to October when we'll embrace in our special tender deathgrip once again.:suds:

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 11864

Oh, we're not grumpy at all.

1) He looks like he could kick every other head coaches ass.
2) I never thought I'd see the day when I'd root for Texas to succeed
3) The fuck didn't Michigan hire this guy if they were going after non-power conference coaches?
4)
Hook+em+Horns.jpg

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Hookem bomb blast is pretty cool

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) He looks like he could kick every other head coaches ass.
2) I never thought I'd see the day when I'd root for Texas to succeed
3) The fuck didn't Michigan hire this guy if they were going after non-power conference coaches?
4)
Hook+em+Horns.jpg

it's a shame no one would give him the opportunity until Louisville did- which is why it was hard for him to leave there. Just really glad our AD went after him. And after that BS from espin's reporter with the unattributed quotes from his visit at a Texas high school coaches gathering with all the talk that he hates the media and such, he's just killing it with the reporters and attention. But he is all business. And happy as a little kid that practice and the season are finally here.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the press conference from the players, there seems to be a hunger to get the season started like I haven't seen in several years. I keep hearing from seniors like Jordan Hicks how this was the toughest spring/summer practice they have ever had since he's been at the 40 acres and is hyped about getting the season started. I effing love it! Oh, and FUCK OU.......

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a shame no one would give him the opportunity until Louisville did- which is why it was hard for him to leave there. Just really glad our AD went after him. And after that BS from espin's reporter with the unattributed quotes from his visit at a Texas high school coaches gathering with all the talk that he hates the media and such, he's just killing it with the reporters and attention. But he is all business. And happy as a little kid that practice and the season are finally here.

Well if somebody takes what Disney Sports News says seriously, then I don't know what to tell them. We're beyond reasonable ignorance at this point.

Anyway I think its interesting that some think that it'll take time for Strong to get the program running. Like Michigan, Texas recruits itself -- unless you're Rich-Rod and the Michigan good ole boys want you to fail, not that running the 3-3-5 helped but I digress.

Texas is also one of the best areas to recruit from and factoring that with Strong's Florida connections he's going to be able to get talent Louisville would never be able to attract. As long as he hires the right people to coach up the offense he should be able to return you all to prominence fairly quickly. It isn't like your roster is devoid of talent, may be coaching but the talent is there

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players on the roster now that were part of good recruiting classes: either all the rankings were wrong, or they weren't developed/coached. Guess we'll find out.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are players on the roster now that were part of good recruiting classes: either all the rankings were wrong, or they weren't developed/coached. Guess we'll find out.

I think the rankings were wrong. Some of these players that had a high star just didn't deserve that high of a ranking, IMO. That is why Coach Strong has said numerous times that he doesn't recruit the star, he recruits the player that fits his system, which is totally the opposite of how Mack would recruit and the last 4 years proved his system of recruiting was terrible.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rankings were wrong. Some of these players that had a high star just didn't deserve that high of a ranking, IMO. That is why Coach Strong has said numerous times that he doesn't recruit the star, he recruits the player that fits his system, which is totally the opposite of how Mack would recruit and the last 4 years proved his system of recruiting was terrible.

I think it had a lot more to do with his inability to develop players.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it had a lot more to do with his inability to develop players.

Not really. Mack's players go on to the NFL and perform very well. Stoops doesn't exactly recruit the star either, he recruits the players that fit his system, hence the reason he's been successful.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Mack's players go on to the NFL and perform very well. Stoops doesn't exactly recruit the star either, he recruits the players that fit his system, hence the reason he's been successful.

Look at the previous NFL draft ( Mack's last year) not a single Texas player was selected. For the last 5 years or so, Texas was lazy ass hell. Brown put it on cruise control......

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relating to the above point about no NFL picks last year for Texas: at a practice last weekend, there were NFL scouts from 27 teams. Word was they were interested to see what Charlie Strong was working on... Not really sure what that means, and scouts go to a bunch of practices of many programs.

Just kind of interesting, seeing that no players were picked from Texas last year.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the previous NFL draft ( Mack's last year) not a single Texas player was selected. For the last 5 years or so, Texas was lazy ass hell. Brown put it on cruise control......

Actually 2 players who spent the majority of their time in college as Longhorns were drafted. Gilbert Garret(3 seasons) and Tevin Mims(2 seasons).