• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Gore a hall of famer?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you take into account when he played for the Niners his numbers are very impressive. If he can get to 12k yards I believe he'll get in, not first ballot but eventually.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the voters also take into account the way the running game in the entire league has changed while he has been playing. That is a big reason why his TD numbers aren't as good (that and some of the shitty teams he played on). He'll reach 10k yards faster than just about anyone else over 10k. If he doesn't have HOF numbers after this year, in hope he hangs around the league just to pad is stats in the hope that he does make it one day.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In this era though, at RB aside from Peterson, who is clear cut to get in? The only guys being consistently better than Gore are Peterson and then who? shady looks good, as does, charles. lynch wasn't that great until two seasons ago. Gore might not have the best years, but he consistently is up at the top in overall performance. We have to see if some of these other guys are going to keep it up.[/QUOTE]

Gore will be right there on the bubble when all is said and done. He's got a real chance but it will be tough. I like him better than a lot of the other bubble guys with stats including Otis Anderson, Roger Craig, Hershel Walker, and Ricky Waters. Curtis Martin got in with massive stats, but he was never the most talented dominant player. Eddie George is up there, but I like Gore more. If Gore doesn't hit the 12k milestone and McCoy and/or Charles keep putting up stats he may find himself on the outside looking in. It will also be interesting to see if Bo Jackson and Terrell Davis ever get in. Both of those players were so dominant that I would personally put them through ahead of a lot of these other guys despite their shortened careers. Billy Simms is also in that boat. If Gore put up 12k though I'd give him the vote. Unfortunately it doesn't look like 10k gets him in.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this era though, at RB aside from Peterson, who is clear cut to get in? The only guys being consistently better than Gore are Peterson and then who? shady looks good, as does, charles. lynch wasn't that great until two seasons ago. Gore might not have the best years, but he consistently is up at the top in overall performance. We have to see if some of these other guys are going to keep it up.

I thought this exact same thing, the only guy I could really think of that's been better than Gore over the past decade has been Peterson.