• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is garcon a true #1 wr?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with Tandler's reply in this article. Look at the guys that most consider to be a "True No. 1 receiver". Guys like Megatron, Fitzgerald, Marshall & A. Johnson. None of them have really had much success where it counts - playoff success.

I could care less how people like Garcon are viewed by others. Also - his stats might never be that high since the Redskins are still predominately a running team. This talk about # 1 & # 2 type receivers is true BS. You don't necessarily need these type of players to win a championship.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is our #1 and that is all that matters. He can run and he can catch. He is a threat to take it all the way every time he touches the ball. Stat wise, he will suffer because we run the ball often and well. He just won't get the same attempts the "elite" WRs get on their losing teams. I'm perfectly comfortable with Garcon and what he does for the Skins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the pooch socal :suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the pooch socal :suds:

Thx - That is my Husky - Jack. Eight years old & still pretty much looks like a pup (although tires much quicker now especially in this heat).

Last edited by a moderator:

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the skins system yes, he would've gotten over 1000 plus yards had he stayed healthy.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy he will put up huge numbers in this offense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a timber wolf that looks a bit similar to him . he is called leonidis . i changed it to leo because he was too wimpy to be a leonidis he is a great dog

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bother reading the article...but when he's healthy we win games with him there.
He's a playmaker and has reliable hands, and on this team he's a #1 by default, lol.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Megatron, Fitzgerald, Marshall & A. Johnson. None of them have really had much success where it counts - playoff success.

Two things are clear to me - he definitely has the talent to be a legit #1 and no he will never be in the elite with the guys you've mentioned above.

That said, I don't think the Redskins with RG3 have to have an elite WR or even a legit #1 to be successful. Tom Brady hasn't had one and he's done pretty well.

But Garcon showed he makes us a better team when he was out there last year. That's what a #1 does.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things are clear to me - he definitely has the talent to be a legit #1 and no he will never be in the elite with the guys you've mentioned above.

That said, I don't think the Redskins with RG3 have to have an elite WR or even a legit #1 to be successful. Tom Brady hasn't had one and he's done pretty well.

But Garcon showed he makes us a better team when he was out there last year. That's what a #1 does.

Agree...He makes plays when he is in there, and he makes the other receivers better by default.....AS far as I am concerned...He is Our #1 receiver and worth every penny of that contract......

I hope that toe isnt an issue......If it is again, then I will be a little upset he didnt go under the knife.....I realize its his body, but we cant have him limping around on a toe that could have maybe been better with surgery...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...He makes plays when he is in there, and he makes the other receivers better by default.....AS far as I am concerned...He is Our #1 receiver and worth every penny of that contract......

I hope that toe isnt an issue......If it is again, then I will be a little upset he didnt go under the knife.....I realize its his body, but we cant have him limping around on a toe that could have maybe been better with surgery...

lone , i think surgery could help but rest will too . you go under the knife then in later years arthritis and tendonitis creep in . its a 50/50 call

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is. Now, he an elite #1? No! I haven't seen a receiver that is so gifted at getting yac, other than the great Jerry Rice. Just get him the ball and he is a threat to take it to the house, each time. Both of Garcon's long TDs against the Saints and Cowboys were surprises plucked out of the air and taken to the house by Garcon. The one against the Cowboys was one that I definitely did not see coming. Let's not forgot about what he did to Tampa in 2011. Outside of his yac, he runs good routes. He makes spectacular catches. Sometimes, he can get the dropsies. Still, Pierre is a very good WR. It is also obvious that we are a better team with him in the lineup.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is. Now, he an elite #1? No! I haven't seen a receiver that is so gifted at getting yac, other than the great Jerry Rice. Just get him the ball and he is a threat to take it to the house, each time. Both of Garcon's long TDs against the Saints and Cowboys were surprises plucked out of the air and taken to the house by Garcon. The one against the Cowboys was one that I definitely did not see coming. Let's not forgot about what he did to Tampa in 2011. Outside of his yac, he runs good routes. He makes spectacular catches. Sometimes, he can get the dropsies. Still, Pierre is a very good WR. It is also obvious that we are a better team with him in the lineup.

:agree: agree

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too:agree: