• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Chris Davis on steroids or PEDs?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's always had that power. It was his whiffs that made him suck so badly. He still strikes out a ton, but he's somehow managed to figure out how to quit missing everything he swings at.

Maybe, but idk. Dude's gonna hit close to 60 home runs this season, where does that come from? It's hard to tell if he's clean or not. Hard to judge, but it's the end of August and he has 47 HR's in the era of steroid testing.

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I heard he puts cat fur in a blender and just drinks it...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but idk. Dude's gonna hit close to 60 home runs this season, where does that come from? It's hard to tell if he's clean or not. Hard to judge, but it's the end of August and he has 47 HR's in the era of steroid testing.

Steroid and PED testing in MLB is a joke. Biogenesis proved that. All of the people suspended have been passing tests over and over again for years.

What % of them got suspended for popping positive on a test? You had Colon (who, by the way, is right back on them this year) and Braun, who got it legally overturned.

Anybody who thinks MLB or the players union care about stricter testing and reducing PED use has been had. And good.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steroid and PED testing in MLB is a joke. Biogenesis proved that. All of the people suspended have been passing tests over and over again for years.

What % of them got suspended for popping positive on a test? You had Colon (who, by the way, is right back on them this year) and Braun, who got it legally overturned.

Anybody who thinks MLB or the players union care about stricter testing and reducing PED use has been had. And good.

PED testing has it's loop holes.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED testing has it's loop holes.

Yeah, only idiots get caught.

Colon was stupid enough to get caught once. He's still doing them, and has been tested several times this year. That says it all.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, only idiots get caught.

Colon was stupid enough to get caught once. He's still doing them, and has been tested several times this year. That says it all.

I saw a fairly significant drop in his fastball velocity after the biogenesis sentences came down.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legit question: Is Chris Davis using steroids?

Your answer, please? :suds:
My motto is if it's not a player for the Los Angeles Lakers or Los Angeles Dodgers, always believe the worst, so yes he is absolutely using steroids

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either? Both? Neither?

My vote for steroids is no but maybe Adderall or some other PEDs?

Discuss.

ok...same with Miggy, Kemp, heck anyone...Segura the ss from MIL...the guy is pretty small to have all that power and speed.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has always been linebacker big, and I know that is not all roids help, but as Romeo mentioned, power never was an issue. There is a really good article about it in this weeks SI, actually.

Haven't read the issue but I'm guessing it talks about all the pressure he put on himself to perform in Arlington, then additional pressure after going back and forth from minors to bigs?

Was so funny cause he would be killing it in the minors, get called up, couldn't keep him up, move back down and hit like 3 bombs the same week. I think he really Knoblach'd himself. I don't know if he's on anything or not, but I'm glad he got it cleared up, it really does say a lot about him.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and remember, more guys with small numbers have been caught with PED's than those that everyone "sees"....its the guys fighting for jobs and their dreams of just playing in the big leagues..that would be more suseptable to the temptation....not the ones already making millions.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legitimate question. The guy is shattering records that were set during the steroid era. People are going to ask it.

And you're ill-informed if you think you can test/detect most PEDs these guys are taking now.

Nice try though.

Exactly what record has Davis shattered?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about the hitting coach in Arlington trying to get him to swing a little different because he had this big hitch. It got him thinking way too much. In Baltimore they worked with the hitch instead and his hand placement. It made all the difference because he wasnt over thinking stuff. He was nothing but complimentary about the Rangers, just mentioned he hit differently there and was coached different. Really cool article actually.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, hes always had the potential to be huge, its finally coming to fruition. Good for him and the orioles.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. That is not a legit question. You can't test for PEDs from the stands or your living room couch.

OMG GUIZE HE HIT MOAR HOMERZ THAN EVRY1! MUSS BE ROYDZ!

Herp. Derp.

Well said.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds? These guys are taking designer drugs; there is no testing for them.

Lance Armstrong was caught and there was no tests for when Barry Played accept in 2002 which I believe he failed.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who actually cares about PED use has been had. Especially if that same person watches any other pro sport.