• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name them; any that compare to the Bears, Redskins, Giants or Cowboys Super Bowl teams of the 80s and early 90s. I can't think of any. And the thing about that time period is all those team were good for most or all of that time period.

The better teams tended to run for years during those times because they could hang on to there players longer than teams can today. Which actually takes away from Joe and goes to Tom. Tom has had to play with many different receiving corps, while Joe got to throw to a hall of famer for years.

Just because teams don't go for as long of runs as in the past doesn't mean there aren't great teams every year. It's a flawed argument by you.

Brady wins one more SB and SB MVP and the debate is over.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best young actor???

I mean younger gen him and Depp are the 2 best imo Then you have Denzel in the older guys along with a few others like Deniro

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary Cap. That's the biggest difference between then and now.
Agreed. but it doesn't change the fact that that era was the most dominant in NFL history.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better teams tended to run for years during those times because they could hang on to there players longer than teams can today. Which actually takes away from Joe and goes to Tom. Tom has had to play with many different receiving corps, while Joe got to throw to a hall of famer for years.

Just because teams don't go for as long of runs as in the past doesn't mean there aren't great teams every year. It's a flawed argument by you.

Brady wins one more SB and SB MVP and the debate is over.
Oh my goodness. You have to be a homer. That rationale makes no sense. Montana had to play against what would be called dynasties today every year

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean younger gen him and Depp are the 2 best imo Then you have Denzel in the older guys along with a few others like Deniro

Where do the true all-time greats (De Niro / Nicholson) fit in?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by dominant you mean lopsided due to no salary cap, then sure.
Yes. The Packers, 49ers, Bears, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants were able to build and keep super teams because of no cap and that is what made them so great. The fact remains that they were great.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The Packers, 49ers, Bears, Cowboys, Redskins and Giants were able to build and keep super teams because of no cap and that is what made them so great. The fact remains that they were great.

And the Patriots have now done it for multiple decades, something those teams didn't really do, with an ever changing roster, except for the QB.

You're hurting your own argument.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its close I actually think Dicaprio might be, but at least best young actor. Departed, Blood Diamond, catch me if you can, The man in the ironmask with the musketeers, Who's eating Gilbert Grape, Basketball diaries etc etc. DDL only does a handful of movies and he kills each role
I like DiCaprio and Washington is brilliant but I don't like Depp at all whom some have mentioned as being in the top category of actors.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the true all-time greats (De Niro / Nicholson) fit in?

Did you read my quotes? I have Depp and DiCaprio as best younger Gen and Deniro and Denzel in older and I could come up with a few other. Nicholson is not in any of my acting picks. He was good in The Shining, One Flew and departed and cant do roles like the other guys, too one dimensional imo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Patriots have now done it for multiple decades, something those teams didn't really do, with an ever changing roster, except for the QB.

You're hurting your own argument.
Comes back to weak competition. Great QB play and brilliant coaching but it does not change the fact that their competition was mediocre; especially within their own division.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comes back to weak competition. Great QB play and brilliant coaching but it does not change the fact that their competition was mediocre; especially within their own division.

Wrong again. There were strong teams during that time, just because they didn't last for many years each, doesn't mean their weren't any from year to year. There were some every single year, just had different names each year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my quotes? I have Depp and DiCaprio as best younger Gen and Deniro and Denzel in older and I could come up with a few other. Nicholson is not in any of my acting picks. He was good in The Shining, One Flew and departed and cant do roles like the other guys, too one dimensional imo
Don't care much for DiNero either but I do like Duvall, Pacino and Nicholson. Another actor I find fascinating is John Malkovich.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like DiCaprio and Washington is brilliant but I don't like Depp at all whom some have mentioned as being in the top category of actors.

He sure is a weirdo but guy can hit every role he plays. I thought he would suck as Donnie Brasco/Joe Pistone and even though I hate Whitey and didn't like Black Mass he killed that too. From weirdo in Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka, Pirates of Caribbean to mob caharacters including Public Enemy no# very diverse

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. There were strong teams during that time, just because they didn't last for many years each, doesn't mean their weren't any from year to year. There were some every single year, just had different names each year.
I find it odd that you still haven't named one then.