• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is ANYONE going to step up and lead this team out of this mess?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's be honest here.

Arnott has been terrible, and obviously isn't pleased with Mac.

Elias is off to a horrible start.

Parise is shelved.

Langenbrunner is off to a horrible start.

Travis is shooting everywhere, but can't bury a goal.

Kovalchuk is off to a horrible start.

Marty is off to an inconsistent start at best.

Who's going to lead this team out of this disaster? Realistically, I don't know. I want to say Parise, but he's going to be gone for a while it seems. Elias has had that mantle given and taken too many times to be a legit option. Kovalchuk couldn't do it in Atlanta, and he's certainly not going to do it here, the whole team probably hates him. Marty is doing everything he can to keep them in it, but let's be honest, with his advanced age, it will be tough.

We have at 4 players in Arnott, Kovalchuk, Langenbrunner, Elias that were NHL captains. How is it possible that we don't have one leader capable of getting us out of this mess.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll lace up my skates if I have to. Seriously though, your point about the four captains is dead on. It is a disgrace that not one of them has taken control of this team.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think today, when Parise is out, Lang has to let to assume 'C' by Ellias or Kovy. Lou has to trade Lang right now, while he still tradable and get puck moving defenseman.
One step at the time, then figure out what would be the next if this would not help. But at least there is something should be done now.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rod Pelley!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought clarkson played well last game I thought he showed heart.to be honest I thought that goal should have counted the penalty call made it that much worse .looked to me that he had help being pushed into the crease.bur it should be one of the forementioned players stepping up.people can say guys are targeting kovy all they want but don't forget he came from a team where he was targeted consistently.think he ll be fine he just has to snap out of it.