• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aldon "All Done"?

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naaaaaaa

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoot a gun in the air or a warning shot ...go to jail...lock and load ..stand your ground...it's all good... what's wrong with this picture? :noidea:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why must there be two different threads for the same issue/person?

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot a gun in the air or a warning shot ...go to jail...lock and load ..stand your ground...it's all good... what's wrong with this picture? :noidea:

good question-i think it's the state in which the incident took place.

Don't get me going with "stand your ground" .....

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon, give these clowns who are suing you 100k each and they will go away and then deal with the state and beg for mercy, but make sure you have a good lawyer. Now-go visit Roger Godell and tell him you are turning your life around and please make sure you loose the curls and pick up a nice suit for that meeting. Now the hard part-please follow through a lot of kids are watching and Godell is too...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows tweeted that Smith bought the guns in 2011 at a game in Arizona and the the charges now carry anywhere from no jail time to 4 years.

I bet he gets a misdemeanor with little or no jail time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a first class asshole but he'll probably just get probabtion since he's a professional athlete. He'll be back this year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Since he had them in his own home and not packing them around town he likely won't get any jail time.

I'm sure they see Aldon as easy money and will just hit him with fines for having them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's a first class asshole but he'll probably just get probabtion since he's a professional athlete. He'll be back this year.

Immature, irresponsible, and with strong senses of entitlement and invincibility? Absolutely. But his offenses to date fall into the "idiot" column more than the "bad guy" column. I think he's effectively out of chances. He's got to get his act together now or we've got to let him walk at the end of his contract, if not cut him before that. He's clearly got some problems, but I don't get the sense he's an ill-meaning kid.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immature, irresponsible, and with strong senses of entitlement and invincibility? Absolutely. But his offenses to date fall into the "idiot" column more than the "bad guy" column. I think he's effectively out of chances. He's got to get his act together now or we've got to let him walk at the end of his contract, if not cut him before that. He's clearly got some problems, but I don't get the sense he's an ill-meaning kid.

Kinda sounds like the definition of an asshole to me. Someone will sign him though even if he doesn't get his act together as long as he can rush the passer.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kinda sounds like the definition of an asshole to me. Someone will sign him though even if he doesn't get his act together as long as he can rush the passer.

To me, the term asshole applies to someone of ill will. Ass or jackass would be more apt, IMO, but obviously these words are subject to different interpretations.

I see that the dictionary includes stupid or incompetent in the definition of asshole, so maybe it is fair. Though if we're getting into classes of asshole, I'd still say these behaviors are on the lower end compared to someone who is deliberately cruel, etc.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt new. he will be fine.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stupid and immature and very "sophomoric" come to mind...ala "animal house". Not well thought out and a bit out of control. Yet he didn't shoot anyone nor did he get into a fight in any of his encounters with the law. DUIs happen to a lot of people regardless of stature, rich, poor ,white, black, latino, Asian,etc. All are stupid not well thought out acts which a lot of us have done. ie. driven impaired to some extent though most of us haven't gotten caught, and now, don't do it or admit to it. As far as shooting of guns in the air..again kinda stupid and immature for a person of his stature and who he represents , but again many white folk who love their guns do that ALL the time especially on the 4th of July in addition to fireworks. California is a liberal state thus it has stricter gun laws, so again, an act of stupidity of not knowing the law where he was. Would it have been a crime in Az. for a white guy to do such a thing? probably not and certainly not as much of an issue. Just depends on where you are, so the issue is more of one of where one is when commiting the offense. I felt the same way about Plaxico Buress shooting himself then getting thrown in jail for it. Stupid yes..a crime ..not really.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he gets suspended by the league, can he count the games the team suspended him as "time served?"

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stupid and immature and very "sophomoric" come to mind...ala "animal house". Not well thought out and a bit out of control. Yet he didn't shoot anyone nor did he get into a fight in any of his encounters with the law. DUIs happen to a lot of people regardless of stature, rich, poor ,white, black, latino, Asian,etc. All are stupid not well thought out acts which a lot of us have done. ie. driven impaired to some extent though most of us haven't gotten caught, and now, don't do it or admit to it. As far as shooting of guns in the air..again kinda stupid and immature for a person of his stature and who he represents , but again many white folk who love their guns do that ALL the time especially on the 4th of July in addition to fireworks. California is a liberal state thus it has stricter gun laws, so again, an act of stupidity of not knowing the law where he was. Would it have been a crime in Az. for a white guy to do such a thing? probably not and certainly not as much of an issue. Just depends on where you are, so the issue is more of one of where one is when commiting the offense. I felt the same way about Plaxico Buress shooting himself then getting thrown in jail for it. Stupid yes..a crime ..not really.

It wouldn't be a crime for anyone in AZ to do what he did. Hell, it's closer to a crime NOT to possess assault rifles in AZ.

As for Plax, he was carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm concealed in a crowded nightclub. He's just lucky he shot himself instead of someone else. I'm surprised anyone feels that sort of conduct shouldn't be a crime. The gun laws aside, talk about negligence....

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick a fork in him hes done.... Most other statesit would be afine and maybe community service...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be a crime for anyone in AZ to do what he did. Hell, it's closer to a crime NOT to possess assault rifles in AZ.

As for Plax, he was carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm concealed in a crowded nightclub. He's just lucky he shot himself instead of someone else. I'm surprised anyone feels that sort of conduct shouldn't be a crime. The gun laws aside, talk about negligence....

He shot someone at a party. That is still a crime in all 50 states. I agree with you that Arizona is light years ahead of California as a place to live but you still can't go around shooting people at parties.