• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they become a more competitive version of Colorado? or a respected rival?

I'm leaning towards the former...

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry coming over here but I saw Iowa and had to check it out. I think this would be a great game/rivalry. I know that in the past you guys have curbstomped us. Hopefully Nebraska comes in and we can see if things have changed.
Go Hawks!

CAforNU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt hey'll be our biggest rival in the big?? but I'm having a hard time with correlations between CU and Iowa. I think it will be a totally different feeling with Iowa with the only similarty being---not a whole lot of respect. At least I don't respect them. They chirp around like they have done things in the realm of football. They have done nothing special in all actuality.

Also, Nebraska and Iowa are not usually close when it comes to how good they are. They have maybe been close a few years in the 2000's, but that's about it. NU is arguably one of the best, if not the best football program of the last 45 years.

CAforNU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, just read the Iowa guy's post. He posted while I was posting. I have a little more respect for them now.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it will blossom into a rivalry of respect and not one of hate.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have been to two Iowa games and they have a respect for opposing fans from what I have experienced. Hopefully, this will become a rivalry built off of good hard play and respect.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you right now, this is going to turn into an ugly rivalry. I just remember reading all those posts over on Disney last year between Husker fans and Hawkeye fans mouthing off to each other.......yea this one has Colorado written all over it.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think you can look at a bunch of people mouthing off last year. There was a lot of that you need to look further back than 1 year and true fans realize that.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember the last time we played Iowa very vividly, when crouch laid that guy out........it was basically like a Colorado game the way fans were talking before, during, and after the game.

Now besides that, the last 5 years over on Disney, it is well-known that there are a group of Iowa fans who come over to the Nebraska board and troll, and in turn it gets the Nebraska fans riled up and they talk back. In fact, I would say in the last 2 years Nebraska fans only bickered with Texas fans more than Iowa fans.

There was a big group of Iowa fans last year though who were over there saying they would have beat us handily if we could have gotten a match up with them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, on this board there is one Haweye fan who hates Nebraska with a passion....I think it's HawkeyesRule or somethin like that......Herky is a good egg though

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I c where you are coming from. Any fan base has GOT to be better than Colorado. I mean the absolute disrepect for even young fans is disgusting to me.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I c where you are coming from. Any fan base has GOT to be better than Colorado. I mean the absolute disrepect for even young fans is disgusting to me.

Oh absolutely.....I will go ahead and guarantee right now that I won't come out of Iowa's stadium and find my tires slashed, a guy pissing on my windshield, and a brick through my back window. No fan base is as shitty as Colorado

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me that would be a deterrant for the Pac-10 to even give them an offer. As far as I am concerned they are not deserving of a major conference alignment.