• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa @ Nebraska Week

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 degree windchill. Wind doesn't seem too bad honestly.

It won't be nearly as bad as that Iowa City game a few years back.

We should be able to use most of our offense. They need to keep rotating and heating those balls though, because they are gonna be rock hard and difficult to catch.

As a side note, the main roads are fine to drive, but the neighborhoods are fucking skating rinks. Just pure sheets of ice.

Makes me wonder how it will affect the field turf. I wonder if they covered it during the sleet.

Also, do they have a heating system under the field? I feel like I've heard of this with certain teams, but never with our field.

Just seems like cork, rubber, artificial rubber turf, and frozen sleet won't make for the greatest playing surface.

Yeah, the winds not bad. I'm at one of the highest points in Omaha and the tree branches are barely moving. Sure it's cold up the hiney, but shouldn't effect the trajectory of a football.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the winds not bad. I'm at one of the highest points in Omaha and the tree branches are barely moving. Sure it's cold up the hiney, but shouldn't effect the trajectory of a football.

I was DT for a bit today. Like you said the wind is not bad. It was really almost non existent down there, and it seems to have warmed up a bit.

ESPN is not the weather channel. They tried to make it dramatic by saying 15 degree wind chill, but I don't see it being that bad.

I'd be up for a pick up game in this weather to be honest. Not too worried about Iowa having an advantage, but if you like or don't like the weather in Nebraska, wait 15 minutes.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is the first real test of how Riley's offense will hold up in real B1G weather.

The running game has improved big time, and Imani is basically made for this kind of game if you can just give him some space.

It's great to see that Cross has turned into the kind of RB we thought we were getting. Just needed to lose a little of that weight to be able to plant and make that cut up field to get into the secondary, because once he gets there, no one wants anything to do with trying to tackle him.

I credit the new S&C staff (who I did question for awhile) for turning him into the kind of back he can really be. He might be the deciding factor.

yea I do also
Mark Philipp does a lot for the team than James Dodson ever thought of

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was DT for a bit today. Like you said the wind is not bad. It was really almost non existent down there, and it seems to have warmed up a bit.

ESPN is not the weather channel. They tried to make it dramatic by saying 15 degree wind chill, but I don't see it being that bad.

I'd be up for a pick up game in this weather to be honest. Not too worried about Iowa having an advantage, but if you like or don't like the weather in Nebraska, wait 15 minutes.

We played sand-lot in this stuff all the time as kids.

I've got a capped front tooth to show for it. lulz.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers have been getting better up-front the last two games. They'll need it today.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played sand-lot in this stuff all the time as kids.

I've got a capped front tooth to show for it. lulz.

Our group always ends up organizing pick up games at night so we need a lit up venue. I wish we had a sandlot or some lit up grass but it always ends up being a tennis court because of the lighting. The most ideal place in town is the soccer fields on campus. Great turf.

Sure the lighting is great on a tennis court for a 7 on 7, but when you go down, you go DOWN.

I mean it's two hand touch but someone always goes down... And we're always inebriated.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pastor/best friends dad will be at the Nebraska game, their whole family are huge Husker fans. They have 4 season tickets that have been passed down for 3-4 (not sure) generations. I feel the league doesn't takes Iowa serious and Nebraska has had some tough breaks this season that doesn't reflect Cornhuskers true talent level. If Armstrong can limit the turnovers and the black shirts can contain Iowa's running back Canzeri then I feel Nebraska has a really good chance of winning this game. I wish you guys the best in ruining the Hawkeyes perfect season and becoming bowl eligible. I will be rooting for you. :suds:

Wow I wish I didn't suggest this is, because its happening to much. Surprisingly with 4 INT and Canzeri with 2 TDS and over 130yds that Nebraska is still in it with 3minleft but will be tough. Lets go Nebraska!!! TA needs to be replaced. He just keeps making bad choices in crucial moments.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I wish I didn't suggest this is, because its happening to much. Surprisingly with 4 INT and Canzeri with 2 TDS and over 130yds that Nebraska is still in it with 3minleft but will be tough. Lets go Nebraska!!! TA needs to be replaced. He just keeps making bad choices in crucial moments.
That is it in a nutshell. Unfortunately we have seen what is behind him and it doesn't get any better. I give him credit for trying but until we get someone in there this is who we are.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is it in a nutshell. Unfortunately we have seen what is behind him and it doesn't get any better. I give him credit for trying but until we get someone in there this is who we are.

He threw picks where taking a sack would have been wiser. Iowa's QB isn't that much better but he played smart and made smart decisions. TA needs to manage the game a lot better. Damn I so wanted the Cornhusker to ruin Iowa's perfect season.