• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interview with Montana

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe is right on. Kap needs to work on his accuracy. I love that he is a dual threat, but there are times when our receivers are open and his throws are not even close. I hope that with more time and experience, he will improve on his footwork which should help with his accuracy.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, it's hard to argue with what Joe is saying (though I'm sure Purguy will....). Kap needs to improve his footwork, pocket presence, accuracy, and throwing under pressure. He's still learning the position, and he has shown growth, but there's loads of room to continue.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard to argue with what Joe is saying (though I'm sure Purguy will....). Kap needs to improve his footwork, pocket presence, accuracy, and throwing under pressure. He's still learning the position, and he has shown growth, but there's loads of room to continue.

You're so right Crimson. That's what I admired about Joe. His pocket presence was uncanny. It seemed as though he had eyes on the side and back of his helmet. He was as cool under pressure. I do hope that Kap keeps improving.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think his pocket prescence and throwing under pressure has noticeably improved as the year has gone on so I'm confident that it's something that will continue to improve.

I mean last week he took 1 sack which really wasn't his fault against the best sacking defense in the league and he did take some shots throwing the ball. That long pass to Boldin he just barely got the ball off before Hardy blasted him.

The footwork is the main thing to me and accuracy is tied to it. When his mechanics are sound he can throw the ball pretty dead on. When they get sloppy is when all the problems happen.

His decision making needs work as well as he throws a few too many "what in the world are you thinking" passes and I feel he tries to force things to much because we really need a play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Joe is right. Good article. Yes Kap has areas that need improvement. All young QBs need improvement. Also Joe is right that Kap is special.

Sky is the limit for Kap.

Lets Go 49ers

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you Think this was bad timing for Joe to say this? You know Kap heard or even read the article. I hope it doesn't mess with his psyche and motivates him even more. Hopefully he doesn't over think it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Joe is right. Good article. Yes Kap has areas that need improvement. All young QBs need improvement. Also Joe is right that Kap is special.

Sky is the limit for Kap.

Lets Go 49ers

Please highlight Montana's exact words where he said this.

Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Baylis said that the Seahawks blitzed zero times in 30 drop backs. Do you think it's because of his escapabilty or his perceived inability in the pocket? Obviously, we had a running team for them to focus on and had to devote a player as a spy for Kaepernick. What do you think was their rationale?