• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Stat

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today as of Sept. 1 last yr there was 80 plus people placed on IR already. This yr there is 140 plus. Thats almost 3 whole teams. What the hell is going on?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today as of Sept. 1 last yr there was 80 plus people placed on IR already. This yr there is 140 plus. Thats almost 3 whole teams. What the hell is going on?

Could the NFL have instructed teams if there's even a slight possibility of long tem heath concerns err on the safe side. Could the be affraid of future law suits? Or are today's players simply just pansies?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think its more the latter of what you said manster or maybe the teams way of dealing with things. I think they have turned these players soft and the money factor is finally taking over. I know Im on Dez's bandwagon right now and plan on never getting off, but for some reason I have a feeling he plays regardless of what is bothering him .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less conditioning time because of the new CBA rules limiting the amount of team time during the off season AND in training camp. coaches are basically trying to cram six months of preparation into 3.5 months of time. think of a players body like the engine of your car. If you keep it below redline most of the time, and occasionally get squirrely, it can usually take it. But if you get up every morning, start it cold then floor it all the way to work, one of these mornings, its going to shit and die as you pull off from a light. Basically same concept. Players wanted to limit prep time and prep work, and coaches are trying to still get the same amount of work in less time. I expect this trend to continue, or the level of play to decline early in the season as coaches limit work to limit injuries in the future.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice posts, but I seriously think you have to add in several of those are because they are trying to NOT get a penalty/fined. With soo many rule changes in such little time, there's defenders out there literally trying to NOT make plays and/or toning it down a bit when they should be going full force. If you're a defender out there and you aren't going 100% in the NFL and a big ass offensive linemen (or anybody) comes over and blows your shit up - you are at least 50% more likely to suffer an injury imo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to get ready for an NFL game is full contact. Going from shorts and helmets to a game is whats getting these guys hurt IMO. Its not 7 on 7

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with the rule changes and the practice times and conditions. That makes a lot of sense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with the rule changes and the practice times and conditions. That makes a lot of sense.

Not sure if it makes sense or not. The Player's wanted this to make their job easier on them, and they thought it would cut down on all those nasty practice injuries. Well if this season isn't just a fluke and the injuries remain high in the next two to three years, you'll see the union amend the contract on practice rules. The problem as I see it, is most player don't hit as hard in practice as the do in games, their bodies are not ready for the hard hits yet. You'll see injuries slow to their regular pace after a few games.