• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Stat for the week

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is 2-23 when his teams have allowed 25+ points in a game. Manning in 23 of his 26 games as a Broncos has scored 25 or more points. 2 of those 3 happened in the first 5 weeks of his career in Denver. The other does happen to be KC last year in our 17-9 win. I think I like our chances of scoring 25 or more points in this one.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is 2-23 when his teams have allowed 25+ points in a game. Manning in 23 of his 26 games as a Broncos has scored 25 or more points. 2 of those 3 happened in the first 5 weeks of his career in Denver. The other does happen to be KC last year in our 17-9 win. I think I like our chances of scoring 25 or more points in this one.

And now for the arguments that we have not faced a D as good as KC's. :rolleyes2:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now for the arguments that we have not faced a D as good as KC's. :rolleyes2:

Like I posted before, I definitely like our chances to win, but I don't think you can credibly say that we have faced a defense as good as KC's.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio here in KC yesterday they were talking about what the point total was that the Chiefs needed to hold Denver to in order to win. The consensus was about 23. If the Chiefs hold Denver to 23 or less, they win. If they don't, Denver wins. I think that's probably fairly close.

The radio guys here liked the Chiefs chances of holding Denver to 23 or less because the Chargers just held us to 28. I think they overlooked several important factors, though. First, that was a road game and this is a home game. I don't think it's any secret that Denver's offense is far, far better at home than it is on the road. The second is the Chargers offense. A big reason they were able to hold our scoring down was their offense was able to sustain long drives and keep our offense off the field, minimizing our chances to score. I don't think the Chiefs offense is capable of doing that. So the Chiefs defense may stop us more, but I expect we'll also get more opportunities to score.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio here in KC yesterday they were talking about what the point total was that the Chiefs needed to hold Denver to in order to win. The consensus was about 23. If the Chiefs hold Denver to 23 or less, they win. If they don't, Denver wins. I think that's probably fairly close.

The radio guys here liked the Chiefs chances of holding Denver to 23 or less because the Chargers just held us to 28. I think they overlooked several important factors, though. First, that was a road game and this is a home game. I don't think it's any secret that Denver's offense is far, far better at home than it is on the road. The second is the Chargers offense. A big reason they were able to hold our scoring down was their offense was able to sustain long drives and keep our offense off the field, minimizing our chances to score. I don't think the Chiefs offense is capable of doing that. So the Chiefs defense may stop us more, but I expect we'll also get more opportunities to score.

I agree with all of that, except of course the KC homers' prediction that we don't score 23 or more.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Along with that, it seemed McCoy had them taking as much time as possible in-between plays. I know the Charger's TOP was somewhere around 40 minutes.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I posted before, I definitely like our chances to win, but I don't think you can credibly say that we have faced a defense as good as KC's.

I would say that Seattle's D at home in preseason was tougher and possibly SF's. Remember, this is at Mile High, not at Arrowhead, if it was at Arrowhead, I might be inclined to agree since they would not be disadvantaged with altitude and not having home field.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with that, it seemed McCoy had them taking as much time as possible in-between plays. I know the Charger's TOP was somewhere around 40 minutes.

38 mins to be exact.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Seattle's D at home in preseason was tougher and possibly SF's. Remember, this is at Mile High, not at Arrowhead, if it was at Arrowhead, I might be inclined to agree since they would not be disadvantaged with altitude and not having home field.

LOL Sophistry!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't use big words that I do not know the meaning of as your argument (yes, I had to look it up).

Sorry pal. I figured you had internet access.