• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Article by Mike Sando on Kaepernick

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Young was at his best during the second half of 1994 when he showed patience in the pocket. In the early days, Young used to drive Walsh crazy by running too soon and not let plays develop downfield.

1994 was probably one of the two or three most stacked teams in NFL history along with the '89 team. I could have led that team to the Super Bowl.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1994 was probably one of the two or three most stacked teams in NFL history along with the '89 team. I could have led that team to the Super Bowl.

you're licensed to drive a bus? :-)

agree with 1989 which IMO, was the most dominant team. 'dominant' for me is relative to other teams THAT season. it isn't man by man individual talent. obviously, '94 was also a good team and likely beats '89 man by man?

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been hearing that the 49er coaching staff is impressed with his knowledge of the offense and are comfortable with him changing the play at the line.

yeah ok, my concern is for him to show it a little more first? to show he also gets everyone else in sync within those seconds?

but if the Coaches have that kind of confidence in him now, then go ahead now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. With what he had to work with, he should have won numerous Super Bowl titles. Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Terrel Owens, Ricky Waters, Brent Jones and the list goes on and on. I believe that Troy Aikman and Bret Favre did more with less than Steve Young did and were much better in the big games.

I disagree also that the lack of running made him a more effective passer. Any time the rush is slowed down, a QB becomes a more effective passer. I believe the 49ers wanted to prevent him from getting hurt which is smart but there is no denying that he was a much more dynamic player with the threat of the run in place.

I think Young was also really unlucky. The defense seemed to give up a lot of key big plays in the playoffs losses. About the bold... I was saying that he ran less because he was a more effective passer. So he didn't need to run as much. Not that he became a better passer because he couldn't run.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Young was also really unlucky. The defense seemed to give up a lot of key big plays in the playoffs losses. About the bold... I was saying that he ran less because he was a more effective passer. So he didn't need to run as much. Not that he became a better passer because he couldn't run.

Agreed. Young never had the type of dominating, play-making defenses that helped out Favre and Aikman. The exception was '94 with Deion Sanders. Never liked the guy but damn he was a player! What a difference maker he was.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talent on offense was mostly there prior to 1994. It was the defense that was beefed up. There is no doubt Young played better in 1994. Think Shanahan had alot to do with it.