• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Inspirational Reading

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some things that the Broncos may take advantage of in the Super Bowl:

1) As I already mentioned, Denver has a size advantage over Seattle on the offensive and defensive lines. The biggest difference is in the interiors of both, where Denver has a significant advantage. Battles won in the trenches often translate into wins.

2) Sherman can be beat: While I don't particularly care for Prisco, he does a very good job on his "Further Review" pieces. In this one, he explains Sherman's weaknesses, and how Manning can exploit them

After Further Review: Broncos will put Sherman to the test - CBSSports.com

3) In this "What have you done for me lately" kind of league, Denver has allowed an average of 15 points and 269 total yards per game since its last loss. Last two games were against top-10 offenses, including the league's 2nd highest scoring offense. Seattle, on the other hand, allowed an average of 14.5 points and 296 yards over the same time period. Denver's defense is flying under the radar, while most people are getting distracted by the "earlier in the year" performance.

4) Last time Manning went up against the #1 defense in the Super Bowl, it took an incredibly complex game plan on the part of New Orleans' defense to slow Manning down enough to get the win. I have my doubts this will be replicated. Historically, Manning has only dropped 8-9% in scoring efficiency when going up against top defenses, compared to poor, and middling defenses. Russell Wilson, on the other hand, suffers a 26% drop.

5) We have SB experience on our team! Manning, Welker, DRC, along with coaches John Fox and Jack Del-Rio. Seattle will be the first team since the 1990 Buffalo Bills to go in w/out anyone having played or coached in the big game.

Last edited by a moderator:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post, Walker. You touch on quite a few great points. I think much of this game will be determined by what happens in the trenches. Your identification of our size advantage is good and one thing to watch. Seattle seems to thrive on speed. Speed vs. power. Should be fun.

As a small side note, I believe Jacob Tamme also has Super Bowl experience. Go Broncos!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Prisco piece linked in the OP is quite interesting, since it focuses on Sherman's strengths and weaknesses. I don't pretend to be an offensive coordinator, but it made wonder whether we might see one of our quicker, shiftier receivers like Welker or Caldwell sometimes line up out wide on the right side.