• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury Updates

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of complications in shoulder surgery. A separation, while worse than a dislocation, in a lot of ways, responds very well to surgery. Put the parts back together and when they heal, it usually is very good.
Dislocations cause some damage to the ball (socket joint) that cannot be repaired.
Earl had both, separation and dislocation. He likely has other damage that is showing up on the xray and confusing things too. They really need to get the swelling down and muscles calmed down before the surgery. Taking their time is a good thing......

It is true his shoulder will never be the same. I've dislocated my shoulder twice and honestly it just feels like if somebody were to tug on it a little the whole thing would just come out with very little effort. Always have to be careful now when playing football.

I do think he should be ready for the season but I would say it is going to be interesting to see if he changes up his game a bit because of this. While mine healed it did take a long time before I full trusted my shoulder to do what it did before it be dislocated. Might take him a few games to really get back in the swing of things and trust that he can hit people again with that shoulder.

Honestly if I were the Seahawks with all the players that they have of high quality I would think long and hard about telling Thomas they are going to put him on the PUP list. No reason to rush him back because once that shoulder goes out again good chance he is sidelined for a long time and he could quickly become the next Polumalu of very promising career hurt by injuries.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll talked Wednesday about some the team’s players who are coming off injuries.

He said the only two players who might not make it back for the start of the 2015 season are wide receiver Paul Richardson (ACL surgery) and nickelback Jeremy Lane (arm surgery and ACL surgery).

“That’s a long process to get back,’’ Carroll said of Lane, who suffered a compound wrist fracture and a knee-ligament tear on his interception in the Super Bowl. “It’s about how he handles the final stages of it.”

Richardson, a rookie last season out of Colorado, tore his ACL in the playoff game against Charlotte. He also tore the same ACL while in college.

“We’re hearing he’s doing exceedingly well,” Carroll said of Richardson. “His mentality is good. He’s been through it before so he knows the staging and all that. We expect him to have a full recovery.”

The Seattle secondary is a banged-up bunch, but Carroll said things look good for free safety Earl Thomas and cornerback Tharold Simon, both of whom has shoulder surgery.

“Everything we’re hearing is things are going really well and the surgeries were very successful,” Carroll said. “There’s just a time frame we have to make it through.”

Thomas had surgery for a torn labrum. Carroll was asked if he expects Thomas will be ready to go by September: “Oh, yeah, certainly.”

Kam Chancellor is recovering from a torn MCL in his left knee and cornerback Richard Sherman is recovering from a torn elbow ligament.

Carroll also said 2014 rookie defensive end Cassius Marsh is 100 percent healthy after suffering a broken foot in October.

“He’s in great shape,” Carroll said of Marsh. “That’s a tremendous addition. It’s like a brand new draft choice for us because he didn’t really get a chance to get started last year. Cassius is a really high-energy, creative and productive football player. We can’t wait to get him out there. He’s in great shape and looks terrific.”

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte?? Who the heck wrote that?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte?? Who the heck wrote that?

Easy mistake to make. They do play in Charlotte. My guess is that they only went with "Carolina" to make it easier to market themselves in South Carolina.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy mistake to make. They do play in Charlotte. My guess is that they only went with "Carolina" to make it easier to market themselves in South Carolina.
Charlotte metropolitan area is 5 million people. Charlotte city proper is 500,000. Sure it made sense to bring in the other fans but the rest of the story?
Charlotte is hated in the rest of North Carolina. Better call it Carolina.....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte metropolitan area is 5 million people. Charlotte city proper is 500,000. Sure it made sense to bring in the other fans but the rest of the story?
Charlotte is hated in the rest of North Carolina. Better call it Carolina.....
Interesting. Is that because of a sophistication vs backwoods sorta thing?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Is that because of a sophistication vs backwoods sorta thing?

I wouldn't exactly use the word "sophistication" to describe Charlotte. "Stuck up"? Sure. But, not sophisticated.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the two years I lived in North Carolina I kind've got the feeling that NC (or at least western NC, since that's where I was) felt about Charlotte a lot like how eastern Washingtonians feel about Seattle. No one outside the state seems to even know that there are other towns in the state (though NC has the advantage of having a couple major college basketball teams that help a little more with this than what Washington has). There are plenty of other issues, but I'm really not going to go into everything as it'll take forever.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't exactly use the word "sophistication" to describe Charlotte. "Stuck up"? Sure. But, not sophisticated.
Gotcha. I think stuck up folks use the word "sophisticated" to describe themselves though. Or at least it's pretty close.

I went to the week 1 game in Charlotte in the SB year. I found the city clean & nice and the people friendly and docile. Even in the stadium with my Hawks stuff on.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Marsh back will be huge... He has a lot of potential to be a very solid DL for us... Glad to hear he's at 100%....... for now...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I think stuck up folks use the word "sophisticated" to describe themselves though. Or at least it's pretty close.

I went to the week 1 game in Charlotte in the SB year. I found the city clean & nice and the people friendly and docile. Even in the stadium with my Hawks stuff on.
I lived in Charlotte for over 10 years. There are some nice people there but they live out of town.
People from Charlotte tend to be very pretentious. I hated it there.
A local frien once asked me, "do you ever miss California?" I said "yes, I miss the Delta, the horse races and the people." She said "people, we got people here?" I kept my mouth shut.....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the two years I lived in North Carolina I kind've got the feeling that NC (or at least western NC, since that's where I was) felt about Charlotte a lot like how eastern Washingtonians feel about Seattle. No one outside the state seems to even know that there are other towns in the state (though NC has the advantage of having a couple major college basketball teams that help a little more with this than what Washington has). There are plenty of other issues, but I'm really not going to go into everything as it'll take forever.

Similar situation with most of the state of Idaho and Boise. Except even the people in Boise don't even seem to know that there are other towns in Idaho.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar situation with most of the state of Idaho and Boise. Except even the people in Boise don't even seem to know that there are other towns in Idaho.

I grew up in a small farming community in Eastern Washington, and it seemed that more people in NC knew where it was than in the Tri-Cities in Washington (I grew up 30 miles from the Tri-Cities). If it wasn't for the hunting, I'm sure Seattle wouldn't know where Eastern Washington is (at least most of the Seattlites that do know seem to know anything is because they hunt).