• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury Thread - 2021

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this is not a thread where you can talk politics. This is dedicated to updates on injured Giants. Only guy not on the 60 day IL who is injured is Alex Wood. It appears he is close to returning. Is Webb in danger of being optioned?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Wood threw an easy and effective 74 pitch, 5 inning simulated game vs. the A'ss yesterday. He's going to be activated. Into the rotation or long relief to start the season? And who comes off the 26 man to make room?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Wood threw an easy and effective 74 pitch, 5 inning simulated game vs. the A'ss yesterday. He's going to be activated. Into the rotation or long relief to start the season? And who comes off the 26 man to make room?
I think Webb gets optioned. The Giants don't have a starter listed for Friday's game. That is a bit telling.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that... Cueto to IL...
Interestingly, MLB Trade Rumors reported that Webb was going to move to the bullpen before Cueto went down with the injury. I wonder, then, if Duggar would get sent back down or a reliever was going on the IL for a phantom injury (cough, cough - Garcia or Wisler) or there was a surprise demotion or dfa coming.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, MLB Trade Rumors reported that Webb was going to move to the bullpen before Cueto went down with the injury. I wonder, then, if Duggar would get sent back down or a reliever was going on the IL for a phantom injury (cough, cough - Garcia or Wisler) or there was a surprise demotion or dfa coming.

We are 1 pitcher light atm anyway. Duggar replaced Moronta. So your theory actually makes a lot of sense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Baggs today:

Evan Longoria is playing catch and the Giants are marking down the third week of July to get him back, with Brandon Belt potentially joining them shortly thereafter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talking about it, so no one really knows.

I found it interesting that they have actually never actually used the word “cancer”. They just said he is doing chemo.

He was on KNBR about a week ago or so and they vaguely touched on the situation. He mentioned that he lost his balance a week or so prior and broke 2 ribs. No discussion on that, though. It was just dropped matter-of-factly.

Reading between the lines, I sense it is bad. Like end of game bad. But I have nothing to base that on outside of the fact that NO ONE is talking about it and that he broke 2 ribs and it was almost ho hum.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming it is the end for him, I am really sad that he and Kruk were not able to get into the Hall with both of them able to see it. That is a bit of a travesty. They should get in together, and they should both be there to enjoy it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talking about it, so no one really knows.

I found it interesting that they have actually never actually used the word “cancer”. They just said he is doing chemo.

He was on KNBR about a week ago or so and they vaguely touched on the situation. He mentioned that he lost his balance a week or so prior and broke 2 ribs. No discussion on that, though. It was just dropped matter-of-factly.

Reading between the lines, I sense it is bad. Like end of game bad. But I have nothing to base that on outside of the fact that NO ONE is talking about it and that he broke 2 ribs and it was almost ho hum.
Hasn't Kuip been dealing with health issues for a number of years? I vaguely remember reading an article, at least 3 years ago, about how the two were coping with Kuip's health. I cannot remember if he had a diagnosis but I remember it was difficult enugh that Kruk was regularly watching out for him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a few articles I found:

The last one is the article I remember reading. Seems I have the two switched. Kruk has been dealing with health problems.