• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin, Gregory and Swaim all with knee issues

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Martin - G - Cowboys
Cowboys RG Zack Martin has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL.

As has TE Geoff Swaim. Martin played through the injury against the Redskins, but it's not a guarantee he will be ready for Week 9 coming off the Cowboys' bye. Adrenaline can sometimes power a player through an in-game injury. Martin is week to week.

Randy Gregory - DL - Cowboys
Cowboys DE Randy Gregory underwent a knee scope on Tuesday.

Per the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys are "hopeful" Gregory can return against the Titans following Dallas' Week 8 bye. Playing roughly half the Cowboys' snaps, Gregory has just one sack so far this season.

Geoff Swaim - TE - Cowboys
Updating an earlier item, Cowboys TE Geoff Swaim has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL following an MRI.

The Cowboys had been hopeful Swain would be ready for Week 9 coming off their bye, but that is looking unlikely now. If Swaim can't go against the Titans, some combination of Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz and Rico Gathers will attempt to catch passes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodwin fractured his forearm in Sunday's loss to the Redskins and is set to undergo surgery Tuesday, Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News reports.

Goodwin was picked up by the Cowboys prior to Week 6, but failed to take the field. He accumulated one solo tackle in Sunday's outing before injuring his forearm. It is now just a matter of time before the team places him on injured reserve. As a depth corner, his absence is not likely to impact anyone else's playing time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Irving - DL - Cowboys
Cowboys DE David Irving (ankle) won't play in Week 9 against the Titans.

Irving suffered a high-ankle sprain at practice Thursday. He was spotted in a boot later that day. With Irving likely out for multiple weeks, DEs Randy Gregory and Taco Charlton will likely see a slight increase in rotational reps.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst thing that happened to the Cowboys so far is Frederick being out. I firmly believe this team would have at least two more wins if Frederick was playing.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Irving - DL - Cowboys
Cowboys DE David Irving (ankle) won't play in Week 9 against the Titans.

Irving suffered a high-ankle sprain at practice Thursday. He was spotted in a boot later that day. With Irving likely out for multiple weeks, DEs Randy Gregory and Taco Charlton will likely see a slight increase in rotational reps.

A Bronx Tale . Heck of a movie.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bronx Tale . Heck of a movie.
One of my all time favorite movies. Funny that it was actually filmed in Queens, not the Bronx. Just thinking about it makes me want to go get a huge slice from Full Moon Pizza. Best pizza around. :hungry:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just way too predictable and sad at this point. The guy just gets hurt as much as anyone I have ever seen. Perhaps it is time to retire or move on. A $10M cap hit for a guy to stand on the sideline and tell other players what to do just doesn't seem worth it even if he plays like an All Pro for half the year.

Sean Lee - LB - Cowboys
Cowboys LB Sean Lee (hamstring) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

Lee missed three weeks with his hamstring issue earlier this season. His latest setback has him returning in Week 14 at the earliest. It's been another injury prone year for Lee, who hasn't played more than 11 games since 2016. The Cowboys can save $7 million from moving on from Lee this offseason.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just way too predictable and sad at this point. The guy just gets hurt as much as anyone I have ever seen. Perhaps it is time to retire or move on. A $10M cap hit for a guy to stand on the sideline and tell other players what to do just doesn't seem worth it even if he plays like an All Pro for half the year.

Sean Lee - LB - Cowboys

Lee missed three weeks with his hamstring issue earlier this season. His latest setback has him returning in Week 14 at the earliest. It's been another injury prone year for Lee, who hasn't played more than 11 games since 2016. The Cowboys can save $7 million from moving on from Lee this offseason.

Might as well get that coaching career underway. And I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a position available within the local organization after this season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Lee - LB - Cowboys

The second he grabbed his leg this game, I said "Just Retire already." He's great when he's on the field unfortunately he isn't on the field to be great.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second he grabbed his leg this game, I said "Just Retire already." He's great when he's on the field unfortunately he isn't on the field to be great.
And one of my All Time favorite players. Just love guys that do things the right way and are more about the team. But, it's tough to watch him and just sit there waiting for the injury, knowing it's only a matter of time and then watching it happen again and again and again...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is like owning a race car.
When it runs it is is awesome but when it breaks and they always break it costs a fortune to fix and takes at least 4 weeks to come out of the shop.
You can choose whatever brand of high performance vehicle to insert but the principle is the same nothing better until it breaks and they always break .

I wish Sean the best but a coaching job is less than 6 months away

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Lee - LB - Cowboys

Lee while good healthy,is rarely healthy. Irving also appears to be made of glass. He is always hurt or suspended.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sean Lee - LB - Cowboys

I'm afraid I'd have to save that $7 million

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid I'd have to save that $7 million

Yep. As sad as it is, that $7M can be invested in other areas of need as well as paying those we want to keep. I do feel bad for the guy but in the end, this is a results-oriented business (as a somewhat noted former Cowboys coach once said...)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. As sad as it is, that $7M can be invested in other areas of need as well as paying those we want to keep. I do feel bad for the guy but in the end, this is a results-oriented business (as a somewhat noted former Cowboys coach once said...)
They need to give that money and another $10-12 million a year to DLaw. Really don't understand saying Dak is going to 100% be extended and not this guy. What in the world are they waiting for?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Williams - T - Cowboys
Cowboys LG Connor Williams (knee) is ruled out for Week 10 against the Eagles.

Either Xavier Su'a-Filo or Adam Redmond will fill-in for Williams, who's been a liability of his own when healthy. What was once considered a strength of the Cowboys' offense will likely get pantsed under the lights by Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, and the rest of the Eagles' feisty pass rush.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter