• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

injuries

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically an injury to the top of his foot. The metatarsal bones were damaged. It may or may not require surgery, depending on the extent of the injury.

Chris Clark is capable, now he will have to prove he is able.

From all that I have read on his injury it is not going to require surgery...I know new information is coming out so maybe this will change but the longest time table I have seen is 6 weeks which would put us at the Bye Week. Thankfully it is not season ending and depending on the severity he could be back within a few weeks even so we shall see. Clark did decent in the preseason and with Manning's quick release we should do ok holding off till Clady gets back. My guess is the Broncos will run a lot more 2 TE sets especially with Dreessen supposedly coming back possibly this week. Unfortunately that most likely puts Welker on the bench a little more but protecting Peyton is a lot more important.

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Raiders lead the league in sacks?

I still don't see it being a problem. Will probably see the two TE set more in the first half and have Virgil Green helping Clark out. Hard to replace Clady, but Clark will manage. Not sure how versatile everyone on the OL is but Kuper will probably be back as well so there's certainly some options.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I was close in what I thought with both Ihenacho and Ayers both fine and expected to play Monday with Clady out for a few weeks with a sprained foot. I said one to two weeks but looking more like 3 weeks for it to heal.

We got Oakland then Philly at Home, Dallas on the road, and then Jacksonville at home.

Dallas is the only one of those 4 with a significant pass rush.

No need to rush him back. I think Clark is capable of keeping Manning upright until Clady is healthy. We will need him for the latter part of the season and the playoffs. This type of injury is tricky and no sense in pushing it.

Take a full 3 - 4 weeks if needed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders actually do have 9 sacks on the season through 2 games so they are not as horrible as last year for sure but then again they have played some pretty bad teams especially on the OL side of things. As was said most likely Broncos just put the TE on the LT side or go 2 TE sets a little more often and then just chip that player. Yes it will hurt the offense a little as that means the TE is not getting the release he might have had otherwise but it is not like our offense is lacking other weapons for Peyton to throw to plus we really are playing some mediocre at best defenses.

Definitely give him the time to heal up and save him for the games against some of the top teams in the league and of course the playoffs. Just like with Champ I would rather give him another week beyond what he could return just to make sure he is good to go for the full season. Especially with the Raiders coming to town it is not like they have amazing receivers.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Raiders lead the league in sacks?

You're right, they are tied for the league lead. I didn't realize that.

I do think most of that is probably due to their level of competition though. The Colts line is pretty bad and the Jaguars basically can't do anything right offensive. I still think we can protect Manning ok.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, they are tied for the league lead. I didn't realize that.

I do think most of that is probably due to their level of competition though. The Colts line is pretty bad and the Jaguars basically can't do anything right offensive. I still think we can protect Manning ok.

That's a reasonable summation of why they lead the league in sacks. I do think they sacked Manning 3 times last year in Oakland. Ramirez was in at RG for Kuper and did not play well. A lot of pressure up the middle.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only are the offensive lines suspect in Indianapolis and Jacksonville, but they also don't have Peyton Manning getting the ball out of his hands quick. The Raiders shouldn't be a big problem, other than division rivalry games seem to bring out the nasty in teams. I'm really not worried about Clady being out for a month or so. More importantly is getting Clady healthy and ready for a stretch run into the playoffs.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that an MRI of Clady's foot showed there was no structural damage and could be back in possibly 2 weeks. Though, this is sports talk radio in San Diego and is a Chargers station, so take that report with a grain of salt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate media...I have heard he will be back in a couple of weeks all the up to the Denver post said he could be out for the season.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate media...I have heard he will be back in a couple of weeks all the up to the Denver post said he could be out for the season.

LOL, was just getting back on here to say nevermind, the same station just reported that he may be lost to season ending surgery. Guess will wait till we here something from the team and Clady.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so. How'd it go from a couple weeks to now maybe being out the whole year?

Can't anybody confirm anything before they report anymore?....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no punishment other than looking like an idiot these days for trying to be the first to report something. When media companies push their employees to be the one to bring the next breaking news it leads to crappy reporting yet companies don't care as long as it gets them views.

Take for example the Onion Network has had multiple reports of theirs taken seriously and used as real reporting. Anybody that knows anything about the Onion Network knows all they do is make fun of everybody through crazy reporting yet somebody who wouldn't check sources thought they were the real deal.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Klis who said it so who knows if he is just trying to get viewers or not. He is kind of an attention whore

Klis drives me nuts. Have you ever heard him on the radio?

He sounds like my great Uncle who is 90 after a few beers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis drives me nuts. Have you ever heard him on the radio?

He sounds like my great Uncle who is 90 after a few beers.

Oh yeah I have heard him...I used to enjoy some of his stories but lately he just seems to be a big time attention whore who could care less about his writing. He just posts things to sound controversial and I just have started not reading his articles in the DP. Really most of the writers for the DP have kind of gone this way. I used to really enjoy a few of them but anymore I go elsewhere for my Bronco news.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact timetable is murky because Clady is seeking further opinions on the
extent of the injury. In a worst-case scenario, the Broncos
fear Clady's season could be
over
, according to Rapoport.

This seems to be the most credible bit of information on Clady. The season-ending scenario is so far just speculation. Hopefully this is something that just keeps him out for a few weeks. We could weather this for a while, but if he's gone for the season it makes playing teams like the Chiefs that much more difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the most credible bit of information on Clady. The season-ending scenario is so far just speculation. Hopefully this is something that just keeps him out for a few weeks. We could weather this for a while, but if he's gone for the season it makes playing teams like the Chiefs that much more difficult.

Agreed 100%