• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indy signs Deion Branch

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are making up all kinds of bullshit excuses about how this doesn't have anything to do with picking his brain about Evil Bill's offense. They guy does live in Carmel not too far from the Colts Complex. We are certainly hurting at receiver. Heyward-Bey did not go on IR, but he is definitely out Sunday (and yes we put Toler and Moala on IR yesterday).

However, I don't think anyone is buying Branch will come into the game. You could argue they need him to practice against.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant believe this thread hasn't got much talk.

anyone else feel this is kinda a back stabbing thing for branch to do?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No? He was offered a contract, he took it. He doesn't have any special insight into our offense's approach to this game. How is that disloyal?

No idea if he sees the field. I guess we'll find out.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No? He was offered a contract, he took it. He doesn't have any special insight into our offense's approach to this game. How is that disloyal?

No idea if he sees the field. I guess we'll find out.

you are right he's not going to see the field, hints why most see this as a signing to pick his brain. you are right are he doesn't have really special insight, but he surely has some good advice colts might want to here.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.....so none of you think he sees the field on Saturday night??

Really???

I say he gets at least a handful of snaps.....and although maybe not targeted by Luck, he'll be in there primarily to run some decoy routes...imho...mostly in 3rd and long situations.

We shall see.

* I do think it was a shrewd strategic move to sign him ....but I wonder if the Colts do it had their upcoming opponent not been the Pats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really???

I say he gets at least a handful of snaps.....and although maybe not targeted by Luck, he'll be in there primarily to run some decoy routes...imho...mostly in 3rd and long situations.

We shall see.

* I do think it was a shrewd strategic move to sign him ....but I wonder if the Colts do it had their upcoming opponent not been the Pats.

We have three relatively healthy receivers on the active roster atm. I doubt Branch will see any action unless someone is hurt. Hilton is the only regular from the start of the season.

Sure as hell was happy to see Fleener actually catch a couple of balls this past weekend. Maybe old "skillet hands" has grown a set?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't think the Colts would've signed him if they had to play Peyton & Co. instead of Tommy Boy's crew?

I must be more skeptical than even I realize....:rollseyes:

And I do think he sees a few snaps this saturday night, regardless of any injury or not, to another WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really???

We shall see.

He could not run at all last yr....so his decoy routes should be interesting!!