• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In your opinion, will the Stupid Ediot Conference have an undefeated team?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Oklahoma for starters. They're not top 10, but they're no pushover either.

I haven't watched much big12 ball this year....problem is Oklahoma plays at WVU too. I don't think their schedule is too tough the rest of the year. Whoever beats them is going to have to put some points up on the board

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched much big12 ball this year....problem is Oklahoma plays at WVU too. I don't think their schedule is too tough the rest of the year. Whoever beats them is going to have to put some points up on the board

True.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you believe what the NCAA SOS says OU's remaining schedule is tougher than every undefeated team except UF.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU still has a pretty tough schedule remaining, a lot tougher than Bama. But SOS is fluid and changes weekly...

I think they have k state and okie at home...maybe osumw away

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011- lsu, 2010 - auburn, 2009 - tenn....need more than that?

2010 was a semi-rebuilding year for us, we lost 3 games that year because every damn team we played had a bye week before us.

2009 was just a close game, are we not allowed to have close games with rivals? I don't consider that falling asleep.

2011 LSU was just damn good, but the kicker fell asleep here.

From now on I guess we can say any team that has one close game a year "falls asleep at least once a year".

No big deal.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why everyone thinks USC will be so tough for Oregon? Right now the Trojans look like utter shit and Oregon looks like world beaters. I feel Oregon will have a tougher time with Stanford then USC, IF USC even wins the South.

Oregon doesn't look like "world beaters", they look like a team that can dominate lousy defenses because they're allowed to run 100 plays a game.

A team like USC can control the clock, limit Oregon's time of possession, and score points with their power run game.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how much crying will be done by Stupid Ediot Conference Homers when the league champ goes 12-1 and gets knocked out of the MNC game because there will be two undefeateds (WVU and Oregon).

I know upsets happen, but it's hard for me to see Alabama losing a game before the SEC championship game. Schedule is not that hard. Beating LSU at LSU will be the hardest.

Also difficult to see W Virginia going undefeated. They've given up 100+ points in the last 2 games. At some point that's going to hurt them.

Oregon is a good bet to run the table and Notre Dame has a decent chance. If they win AT Oklahoma and USC, tough to keep them out of the nc game.

Long way to go though.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ND wins out I will puke my left nut sac out.

That's right, I have 2 nut sacs

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon doesn't look like "world beaters", they look like a team that can dominate lousy defenses because they're allowed to run 100 plays a game.

A team like USC can control the clock, limit Oregon's time of possession, and score points with their power run game.

Allowed to? You mean they have a special rule that lets them do that? Fact is the hurry up offenses that aren't slowed down by fake injuries all do that. It would work in the SEC except for those fake injuries... :D

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowed to? You mean they have a special rule that lets them do that? Fact is the hurry up offenses that aren't slowed down by fake injuries all do that. It would work in the SEC except for those fake injuries... :D

No, I didn't mean they were allowed to, as in there was a rule that allowed them to. I meant the opposing team allows them to do it by not playing good defense and controlling the clock on offense.

If USC can limit their drives to 1 or 2 first downs, and suck the clock on offense, that should significantly reduce Oregon's plays run for that game.

The question is, is USC good enough to do it?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't mean they were allowed to, as in there was a rule that allowed them to. I meant the opposing team allows them to do it by not playing good defense and controlling the clock on offense.

If USC can limit their drives to 1 or 2 first downs, and suck the clock on offense, that should significantly reduce Oregon's plays run for that game.

The question is, is USC good enough to do it?

Who knows what USC really has. They look good one week and like crap the next, kind of like OU this year. I haven't even figured out the Sooners this year. But sometimes that's series to series, we can look good one series and look like total shit the next.