• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In We'll Be Seeing A Lot More Of Spray On Hair News...

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: New Jersey Nets has deal for Jazz PG Deron Williams - ESPN New York

Trying to rebound from the disappointment of their failed pursuit of Carmelo Anthony, the New Jersey Nets have agreed to a blockbuster trade with the Utah Jazz for Deron Williams, sources said on Wednesday.

The Nets will send Derrick Favors and Devin Harris to Utah for the All-Star point guard.

The Nets had been after Carmelo Anthony, but an argument can be made that they got a player as good, if not better, in Deron Williams. Here are their stats:

PER GAME WILLIAMS ANTHONY
Points 21.3 25.2
Rebounds 3.9 7.6
Assists 9.7 2.8
Steals 1.2 0.6
FG Pct. 0.458 0.452

The deal, scheduled for completion later Wednesday after a trade call with the league office, would also involve the Golden State Warriors and bring multiple draft picks to Utah.

Just Tuesday night, the Dallas Mavericks were talking to the Nets about re-acquiring Harris, according to sources. The Mavericks had shown interest in the point guard in January and told the Nets the sides should talk again if New Jersey didn't ship him out in a Carmelo Anthony trade.

Sources said Dallas turned down a New Jersey proposal of Harris for Caron Butler, Mavs rookie Dominique Jones and a first-round pick.

"Maybe arguing was the last straw, so there I am, guilty of that," Williams said at the time. "But I think anybody who believes I could force coach Sloan to resign is crazy. He's stronger than that and personally if I said that to him, he'd probably go tell me to go do something."

More critical to Williams situation is the fact that he can become a free agent after next season and hadn't made headway with the Jazz on a new deal. Utah could have faced the same kind of circus atmosphere that the Nuggets encountered with Anthony this season.

Williams was an All-Star the past two seasons. In his sixth year in the league, the 26-year-old is averaging a career-high 21.3 points and 9.7 assists per game.

Harris has played three-plus seasons in New Jersey after starting his career in Dallas. He has made one All-Star team and is averaging 15.0 points and 7.6 assists this season.

Favors, who was the centerpiece of the Nets' proposal for Anthony, was the third overall pick in the past NBA draft. He's averaging 6.3 points and 5.3 rebounds in 19.5 minutes per game this season.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes! raps in a division now with celtics, carmelo + amare, and new jersey which apparently now has a whole feeder team in utah.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
woah , the jazz got favors, poor guy has to go play in utah now

i always thought D-will was overated and the more hair he loes te calls calls he going to get going forward. plus he's fat, fatter then johnson. I wouldn't have gave up o favors ths early personally, not for a player that puts his hair on with an aerosol can

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how I feel about this trade. Utah was always a good team, but neither the combination of Boozer/Deron and then Deron/Millsap really put them over the top. They were the quintessential regular season team that rarely made any type of noise in the playoffs. Now, Deron/Brook Lopez...good combination, but not that scary. I like the trade for Utah though, two high first rounders (one this season from NJ, possibly good one next season from GS), Favours AND Harris? After they rid of AK47, they won't need much to rebuild.

As for how this affects the Raps? Ah...we knew the next couple of seasons were going to be tough anyway. We're gunning for the young talent...the next wave of stars per se. We can live with these teams taking the spotlight for now. These teams are playing for the now and we're playing for the future.

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes! raps in a division now with celtics, carmelo + amare, and new jersey which apparently now has a whole feeder team in utah.

ya pretty tough division now, how does it swing like that all of a sudden, its gonna be hard to attract free agents now.