• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In honor of our shellacking...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I now have a new avatar! Consider it a "self-imposed sanction" for violating multiple rules pertaining to conference champions actually being good at football.

:dunce:

In case you can't see very well, I'll even blow it up for you:

12898419.jpg

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Steele keep his job?

That's what I've been wondering. I keep hearing people say what a great DC he is, but I've seen no proof to back up these statements. Holgrensen and WVU made him look embarrassingly bad.

And I see we just missed getting Bullard. He's off to Florida.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets fired, it will probably be very soon. My gut feeling is that Dabo will give him another season to improve the D.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets fired, it will probably be very soon. My gut feeling is that Dabo will give him another season to improve the D.

I think he will too, but I hope not. I'm tired of excuses year in and year out. I want results. It would appear that we now have an OC that can do great things for us, so let's go after a top shelf DC and make some noise. PLEASE GOD, Dabo fire Steele!! :pray2:

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will too, but I hope not. I'm tired of excuses year in and year out. I want results. It would appear that we now have an OC that can do great things for us, so let's go after a top shelf DC and make some noise. PLEASE GOD, Dabo fire Steele!! :pray2:

How much money do think Dabo would have to throw at Bud Foster to lure away from Virginia Tech?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money do think Dabo would have to throw at Bud Foster to lure away from Virginia Tech?

I don't think Foster would ever leave Va. Tech for anything less than a HC position. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him. Does he have any disciples out there we can go after. We need help.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bud's just a pipe dream. I don't know who the hot names are in defensive coaches. I do know that for the amount our DC makes, these results are unacceptable.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steele reputedly turned down an offer to the be DC at Tennessee...

Wish he would've been offered the job. He'll be here as long as Dabo lets him stay, because the Orange Bowl debacle has seriously damaged his cred. I'm betting Steele simplifies the D next season to save his own neck. A fancy defensive scheme is useless if the players don't know what the hell is going on.

What do you guys think about the S&C coach Batson? It seems like he could be one of the weak links in the program.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In happier news, Andre Ellington will return for his senior season

That's great news for us (the fans), but you've got to feel for him. He needs to come back to prove he is a durable player, but he's going to be running behind a green O-line, which actually increases his chances of getting hurt.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are Clemson fans over this loss yet?