• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imagine the Hoop traffic for the 2017 HOF

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistreated Tom Landry
Fired a coach who had just won two consecutive Super Bowls and who was the "real" architect of the 90's COWBOYS
Almost blew the second Super Bowl in the 90s because he was idiotically cheap with EMMITT SMITH
Overspent on Deion Sanders/ salary cap issues for years
Hired Barry Switzer to spite Jimmy Johnson
Hired Chan Gailey
Hired Dave Campo
Hired Wade Phillips after he hired Jason Garrett "O" coordinator
Chased Bill Parcels away
Hired Jason Garrett...Mr. .500
He spent TWO first round draft picks on Joey Galloway..and 42 million
Spent 45 mil on Marion Barber and then drafted Felix Jones in the next draft
Spent a 1,4,5 draft picks on Roy Williams and then drafted Dez Bryant in the next draft
Stained the reputation of the COWBOYS by bringing in, Terrell Owens,PacMan,Alonzo Spellman,Tank Johnson, Greg Hardy..........
Ran off Nick Foles

and the COWBOYS since 1997, Jerry has been the GM........ not even a .500 record
and how many playoff wins?

Ya...... Jerry deserves to be in some hall of fame

in Washington
in Philadelphia
in New York

I'm thinking, I won't be giving the introductory speech at Canton for Mr. Jones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most know I'm not a Jerry fan AT ALL, but it makes me laugh when people attribute all the bad to him and all the good to others. He either is in charge or not and we don't get to pick and choose what we say he was responsible for and what he was not. It's all or nothing.
Brought in Jimmy Johnson
Brought in Parcells
Drafted T Smith, Frederick, Z Martin
Convinced Collins to sign here when every team wanted him
Signed Romo as UDFA
Drafted Lee, Bryant, Witten, Jones, Dak
blah blah blah...

And to continue that, those that say Stephen is now in charge (I totally disagree because Jerry will never allow that) need to attribute Hardy to Stephen. Again, it's all or nothing. The only thing Jerry has changed lately is listening to others more and allowing them to influence his decision more than he goes with his gut.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most know I'm not a Jerry fan AT ALL, but it makes me laugh when people attribute all the bad to him and all the good to others. He either is in charge or not and we don't get to pick and choose what we say he was responsible for and what he was not. It's all or nothing.
Brought in Jimmy Johnson
Brought in Parcells
Signed Romo as UDFA
blah blah blah...

And to continue that, those that say Stephen is now in charge (I totally disagree because Jerry will never allow that) need to attribute Hardy to Stephen. Again, it's all or nothing. The only thing Jerry has changed lately is listening to others more and allowing them to influence his decision more than he goes with his gut.
Agree there's two sides to that coin.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistreated Tom Landry
Fired a coach who had just won two consecutive Super Bowls and who was the "real" architect of the 90's COWBOYS
Almost blew the second Super Bowl in the 90s because he was idiotically cheap with EMMITT SMITH
Hired Chan Gailey
Hired Dave Campo
Chased Bill Parcels away
Spent a 1,4,5 draft picks on Roy Williams and then drafted Dez Bryant in the next draft
Stained the reputation of the COWBOYS by bringing in, Terrell Owens,PacMan,Alonzo Spellman,Tank Johnson, Greg Hardy..........
Ran off Nick Foles

and the COWBOYS since 1997, Jerry has been the GM........ not even a .500 record

in Washington
in Philadelphia
in New York

no you wont and like others have said Jerry cant be given all the blame and none of the accomplishments
plus what he has done as a financial boost for the other owners love him or hate him Jerry has been good and bad depending on your perspective

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistreated Tom Landry
Hired Chan Gailey
Hired Dave Campo
Chased Bill Parcels away
Ran off Nick Foles

in Washington
in Philadelphia
in New York

jerry tell death do us part and your opinion remains waaaaaaay over the top

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brought in Jimmy Johnson
Brought in Parcells
Signed Romo as UDFA
blah blah blah...

We agree...He made one phone call to bring in his college buddy and national championship head coach......... just a brilliant move.......it took a lot of intelligence there (sarcasm)
He was so frustrated with his own drafting, he brought in Bill Parcells......desperation move
Some say Jones drafted O linemen because they were the cheapest to sign..even with a rookie salary cap
If Romo was so great, why didn't Jones draft him?........It was a Todd Haley & Sean Payton move.

I'm not a fence sitter when it comes to Jones
....because, if you weigh what good the one phone call did, against all the negative, it isn't equal. And I believe (paraphrasing) Jerry once said as OWNER.....He would not have tolerated Jerry Jones the GM.
Whatever gave Jerry the first clue?......getting rid of a coach who had been coach and GM of a back to back Super Bowl championship team?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ has won 3 Super Bowls as an owner/gm...He's a HOF'mer

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistreated Tom Landry
Hired Chan Gailey
Hired Dave Campo
Chased Bill Parcels away
Ran off Nick Foles

in Washington
in Philadelphia
in New York

Has won 3 SB's
Brought about change that made every owner TONS of money
Advanced the NFL and forced it to get out of its own way

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has won 3 SB's
Brought about change that made every owner TONS of money
Advanced the NFL and forced it to get out of its own way
Yeah, he deserves to be in as an Owner, no business having GM on his bust though. I do give him credit for the 3 Super Bowl wins as an Owner, one, he hired Jimmy in the first place, two, he didn't fire him after he went 1-15 in his first season as Head Coach and the Cowboys were the laughing stock of the NFL. I remember those days, a lot of the media members who skewered Jerry when Jimmy left were the same guys calling for Jimmy's head after his first season. The Cowboys also have the ability going forward to be great again, as Stephen can pretty much make any move he wants due to the fact the Cowboys are worth $4 Billion+ and are a cash cow. People forget the Cowboys were losing millions each year when Jerry bought them. Crappy GM, but one heck of an owner

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you give Hall of Fame awards to a person who made one phone call..........I guess Jerry is a deserving owner........he said

And I know, Jerry is nominated in a different category than Jimmy........But Jimmy deserves to be in the HOF long before "old one phone call' does. Jerry got lucky with one phone call......Otherwise, look at the last 22 years without a "real" GM. And the owner, is in charge of hiring and firing a GM.

There are coaches in the HOF who have never won one Super Bowl......Marv Levy,Don Coryell, and Bud Grant. And I doubt that they were GMs of their football teams like Jimmy was. I could care less, about how much money Jerry or the league is worth. Ask the people of St.Louis, what they think of the NFL. Jerry does not care about the fans of the DALLAS COWBOYS or the NFL fans.....He cares about himself,period. Jerry has made a success out of deals........Exactly how has that benefited the common COWBOY fan?....higher ticket prices?.....making the NFL Ticket on DirectV more expensive?..........since 1997 ...155 wins .....156 losses

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you give Hall of Fame awards to a person who made one phone call..........I guess Jerry is a deserving owner........he said

And I know, Jerry is nominated in a different category than Jimmy........But Jimmy deserves to be in the HOF long before "old one phone call' does. Jerry got lucky with one phone call......Otherwise, look at the last 22 years without a "real" GM. And the owner, is in charge of hiring and firing a GM.

There are coaches in the HOF who have never won one Super Bowl......Marv Levy,Don Coryell, and Bud Grant. And I doubt that they were GMs of their football teams like Jimmy was. I could care less, about how much money Jerry or the league is worth. Ask the people of St.Louis, what they think of the NFL. Jerry does not care about the fans of the DALLAS COWBOYS or the NFL fans.....He cares about himself,period. Jerry has made a success out of deals........Exactly how has that benefited the common COWBOY fan?....higher ticket prices?.....making the NFL Ticket on DirectV more expensive?..........since 1997 ...155 wins .....156 losses
Don Coryell?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy doesn't have the tenure needed, Jerry does. Jerry stuck it out, he didn't fold up when thing got tough.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know Jerry has ha a lot of influence on the league and it's financial status. He'll be in for what he's done as an owner not GM. You need to pull that hate curtain back and look at the big picture.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seriously not trolling. I would just like to offer an opinion on this matter good or bad in your eyes.

Is Jerry the business man high on the list of NFL owners? Has Jerry made the NFL and other owners in this league billionaires ten fold over. Does Jerry own the team who is worth the most of all other 31 NFL teams. Is Jerry a tall figure around the league. (mostly in his own eyes).. the answer is most definite. However, HOF credentials in my eyes are people who contributed to the game itself, on the field. Not to those who benefit off the field. Like all sports for the players and coaches it's a game of blood, a game of sweat and a game of tears. For the fan it's a game of hope, a game of dreams and a game of pride, and yea, at times it's a game as tears for us, as well.

Owner's have not made the game experience for the common fan (and Im not certain but I believe the HOF itself was created "for" the fan) anymore enjoyable than it was 70 years ago. In fact, you could say that owners have made the game "less" enjoyable for the fan. Higher ticket prices. Higher parking rates. Over priced food and drinks at the game. Meaningless exhibition games with no reduced cost to any of the above mentioned. Jerry in Fact, as all other owners, have not done anything to add to the game other than adding to their own pockets. Coaches make the players and players make the coaches and that entails makes the HOF what it is. Special.

Lastly, most owners write checks and collect billions of revenue as it pours in. With the exception of a few don't interfere with team operations on the field. A good owner allows those who he has chosen, or has given the nod too make all football decisions. Simply because Jerry is everywhere talking to the media bout his team from the cleaning crew to the injuries to the plays happening on the field does not, in my opinion, give him anymore credibility than the owner who stays out of the spotlight. As one mentioned above, hiring Jimmy, though a brilliant choice was really all about dollars making that happen. Not because of brilliant tactical maneuvering or game planning against the other applicants, but money only.

HOF is for players and coaches who made, and changed the game that we know as football. Sprinkle in a few founding fathers of old and there is your HOF.

IMO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seriously not trolling. I would just like to offer an opinion on this matter good or bad in your eyes.

Is Jerry the business man high on the list of NFL owners? Has Jerry made the NFL and other owners in this league billionaires ten fold over. Does Jerry own the team who is worth the most of all other 31 NFL teams. Is Jerry a tall figure around the league. (mostly in his own eyes).. the answer is most definite. However, HOF credentials in my eyes are people who contributed to the game itself, on the field. Not to those who benefit off the field. Like all sports for the players and coaches it's a game of blood, a game of sweat and a game of tears. For the fan it's a game of hope, a game of dreams and a game of pride, and yea, at times it's a game as tears for us, as well.

Owner's have not made the game experience for the common fan (and Im not certain but I believe the HOF itself was created "for" the fan) anymore enjoyable than it was 70 years ago. In fact, you could say that owners have made the game "less" enjoyable for the fan. Higher ticket prices. Higher parking rates. Over priced food and drinks at the game. Meaningless exhibition games with no reduced cost to any of the above mentioned. Jerry in Fact, as all other owners, have not done anything to add to the game other than adding to their own pockets. Coaches make the players and players make the coaches and that entails makes the HOF what it is. Special.

Lastly, most owners write checks and collect billions of revenue as it pours in. With the exception of a few don't interfere with team operations on the field. A good owner allows those who he has chosen, or has given the nod too make all football decisions. Simply because Jerry is everywhere talking to the media bout his team from the cleaning crew to the injuries to the plays happening on the field does not, in my opinion, give him anymore credibility than the owner who stays out of the spotlight. As one mentioned above, hiring Jimmy, though a brilliant choice was really all about dollars making that happen. Not because of brilliant tactical maneuvering or game planning against the other applicants, but money only.

HOF is for players and coaches who made, and changed the game that we know as football. Sprinkle in a few founding fathers of old and there is your HOF.

IMO
If that's the case no owner or GM will be in the HOF. Hell not even a coach.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case no owner or GM will be in the HOF. Hell not even a coach.
Coaches contribute on the field. Coaches make the player in some cases. GM's contribute on the field because of the players and coaches they select. Jerry will get in but it shouldn't be about him as the business man who generates profits for him and the league, but about him the GM. Though are his credentials as a GM really that defining? Perhaps so. Who knows. Bottom line: it means nothing to me if, actually when, he get's put into the shrine but I think as a GM his record for choosing players isn't remotely close to that of a Bobby Beathered, and namesakes of like. Does Jerry scout the college games and put forth traveling scouring the country for great players... or just what he see's on TV or heres from his associates.

Look, I understand he will eventually get in; I just don't think by owning the franchise as profitable as he has been around the league... worthy of a hall pass to the greatest honor giving to that of the game.