• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in hell this team can compete for a super bowl in today's NFL with this pass rush.

Ben finished with over 400 yards. Not to mention, they ran the ball on us successfully with Felix FREAKING Jones... and a patchwork O-line. They're one of the worst offenses in football, easy. They moved the ball on us at will, and we got damn lucky when that fumbled popped up in the air and into Peppers arms.

Imagine what Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are going to do to us? I shutter to think about it. Good offenses don't just hand us turnovers on a silver platter like that.

Heck, next week in Detroit could get ugly.

I think I might be the only one that feels worse about this team than I did going into this game. The Melton loss could really hurt us too. He clearly blew out his knee. We pay him a franchise tag. He makes what? One tackle in three weeks, then blows out his knee. Great...

The positives...

Cutler responds to adversity once again, and takes matters into his own hands on that 4th quarter drive. He looks very matured. Maybe hitting the age of 30 humbled him a bit. lol

I hope Forte is okay. He wasn't NEARLY as effective after hurting his foot. I don't even know if he gained a yard...

Marshall was held in check by a great corner, but showed up when we needed him on that 4th quarter TD drive.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense hasn't shined, but Cutler and the pass offense have been special so far. Maybe the Bears can win shootouts in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense hasn't shined, but Cutler and the pass offense have been special so far. Maybe the Bears can win shootouts in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl.

we did it in 85 with Defense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're point?

We won 10 times last year... how far did that get us?

This is coming from the guy who is usually Mr. Optimistic... BTW.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense should be fine. You have Julius Peppers.

I know you're not a Bears fan, but if you were... you'd see that he's clearly lost a step this year. He looked slower towards the end of last season as well. He hasn't done much of anything thus far. That ball popped right into his hands.

This front four has been bad, and it just got worse by losing Melton.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any perfect teams out there, well be in the mix at the end.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 10 times last year... how far did that get us?
Lol. I thought the Lions were the team that always faded down the stretch? What a whiny lil chick you sound like.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won, on the road, by 2 scores. Is madden making kids dumber? This is the nfl where most games are close. It ain't college football week 1 out there and the Steelers aren't FIU.

Nice win for the Bears. HUGE game this week fans.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense doesn't reign supreme in this NFL anymore. It's all about putting points up on the board.

I see all the other supposedly good teams giving up chunks of yardage in games too. Whereas I'd love to see the Bears pitch a shutout every game, it's not gonna happen.

In years past, if a team got up on the Bears by even a field goal, it was a struggle to get back into the game. You'd sit back and hope and pray the defense could get a turnover or pick six. There was no confidence in the offense that they could score when needed.

So far, in three games the offense HAS scored when needed. The defense gave up two TD's yesterday, certainly enough to win with. The other three scores were field goals, which is a huge win for the defense in this day and age.

Big Ben threw for over 400 yards. Yeah, and he played from way behind all night and turned the ball over five times. Woopee. And the Bears, despite what you think, only gave up 80 rushing yards. That's pretty darn good.

I'll take 3 ugly victories (although I don't think ANY of them were ugly) over three pretty losses.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I do see us with 10 wins and in the playoff hunt if not out right winning the division. Yea we have some flaws including the pass rush, but hopefully our Offense will steadily improve. Even with the solid front of the Steelers, we still would have beaten them had we not had the turn overs and point off of the turn overs, but the game would have been closer.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would be 0-3 if Lovie were still at the helm.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I thought the Lions were the team that always faded down the stretch? What a whiny lil chick you sound like.

Of course... I'm the most optimistic/borderline homer on these boards for years, and then I start being realistic for one day... and I'm a whiny chick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense doesn't reign supreme in this NFL anymore. It's all about putting points up on the board.

Which is why allowing good offense to do that at will makes you a second tier team.

Not to mention, is it really only about offense nowadays? Is it? Not really. Look at the super bowl winners since our last appearance.

Baltimore - A fundamentally sound ground and pound football team

New York - Another ground and pound team that played great defense.

Green Bay - The difference between this team, and the Packers teams since? This team had the #1 ranked defense in football.

New Orleans - Like the Packers... the difference between this team and the other Saints teams that failed... they had a top notch defense.

Pittsburgh - A hard-nosed defensive football team, with a balanced offense

New York - Another hard-nosed team, with a great running game, and a great pass rush.

The NFL AS A WHOLE, has become an "air it out" league. However, the teams that come out on top, are balanced, can run, and play great defense.

Sorry, the league hasn't changed as much as people think.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich......I`m with you on this too.
although some say Pitt had to pass cause they were losing,how about dalton passing for 290 yds?
AJ Green tore us up.......Rodgers,Romo,Stafford have some elite wrs on their teams,the Bears will need to prove they can stop those guys before I am satified.And now with melton out for the season,its just gonna even be tougher..........

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any perfect teams out there, well be in the mix at the end.

I see teams that are closer. That's for sure. Broncos, Seahawks, Saints... New England would pound us with a healthy Gronk and Amendola.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won, on the road, by 2 scores. Is madden making kids dumber? This is the nfl where most games are close. It ain't college football week 1 out there and the Steelers aren't FIU.

You don't even know what you're watching when you watch a football game, do you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Bears fans it's how we played that is being revered too, not the score itself. We got some holes in unexpected area's.