• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Not Sure What I Was Expecting

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....maybe too much, but I didn't see any marked improvement in the officiating this week. Quite a few poor calls in the 49er game and some terrible calls in the Packers-Saints game as well, just to name a few. The regulars officals were no better than the replacements in my opinion.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
.....maybe too much, but I didn't see any marked improvement in the officiating this week. Quite a few poor calls in the 49er game and some terrible calls in the Packers-Saints game as well, just to name a few. The regulars officals were no better than the replacements in my opinion.
They're faster and we no longer have to listen to the announcers complain about calls/no-calls they would usually never even bring up during a broadcast.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The replacement ref's actually did a pretty good job. The angry mob / media made a huge deal out of nothing.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A back judge throwing a late flag for pass interference. Then realizing that when the ball was tipped there is no such thing as PI. So, instead call illegal hands to the face on a pass rusher.

Yep, all is well in the world of officiating again.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replacement ref's actually did a pretty good job. The angry mob / media made a huge deal out of nothing.

games were getting out of hand. games this weekend are running more more smoothly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're faster and we no longer have to listen to the announcers complain about calls/no-calls they would usually never even bring up during a broadcast.

I'll give you that; they are more decisive in their calls, but the calls are just as bad

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A back judge throwing a late flag for pass interference. Then realizing that when the ball was tipped there is no such thing as PI. So, instead call illegal hands to the face on a pass rusher.

Yep, all is well in the world of officiating again.

That's one of the ones I was talking about.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Heh. Ideology FTW. Stupid liberal media.

All I will say in response is that in 4 games, the Niners had three flags called on them for block in the back as the kicking team, granted one was picked up. These refs couldn't even get the simple stuff right.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Ideology FTW. Stupid liberal media.

All I will say in response is that in 4 games, the Niners had three flags called on them for block in the back as the kicking team, granted one was picked up. These refs couldn't even get the simple stuff right.

Ha ha! I did see two of those and I have to say those were the first two such calls I've seen in watching over 45 years of football.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The games ran much smoother and faster this week and they were far more in control.

I believe one part of the problem is a bit of rust since the real refs were basically rushed out to the field when normally they have preseason and they do spend time being refs for training camp practices.

I agree the replacement refs weren't as horrid as the media made them out to be. I think the biggest problem they had was when it came to PI, illegal contact, and other passing type penalties as it seemed like they just were just guessing with it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its mostly just that the replacements made such big mistakes. Like, they let Harbaugh challenge without any timeouts and then even gave him a timeout back. That was much worse than the 49ers getting called for blocking in the back while kicking the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games ran much smoother and faster this week and they were far more in control.

I believe one part of the problem is a bit of rust since the real refs were basically rushed out to the field when normally they have preseason and they do spend time being refs for training camp practices.

I agree the replacement refs weren't as horrid as the media made them out to be. I think the biggest problem they had was when it came to PI, illegal contact, and other passing type penalties as it seemed like they just were just guessing with it.

Running smoothly is one thing but when the calls are bad its still wrong. I mean shit runs smoothly from the toilet down to the sewer too but it is still shit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs totally missed the fumble call there in Green Bay. That was at least as bad as the ones the replacements missed last Monday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've lost control of the Green Bay New Orleans game.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now picking up a delay of game flag saying a timeout was called...a good 20 seconds after the fact

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The refs just gift-wrapped the victory for the Giants with that PI call on the Eagles. Then turned around with a make up call for it PI on Giants. Should be interesting.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs just gift-wrapped the victory for the Giants...but just had make up call for it PI on Giants. Should be interesting.

No. The refs completely botched the last minute of the game. two horrible PI calls, one on offense and one on the defense. terrible. The ridiculous offensive PI call cost the Giants the game. These guys are just as bad as the replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs just gift-wrapped the victory for the Giants with that PI call on the Eagles. Then turned around with a make up call for it PI on Giants. Should be interesting.

Not a make up call. Barden totally grabbed him as nmamdi was in position to intercept that ball before the ball arrived.

The defender has a right to the ball, too.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The refs completely botched the last minute of the game. two horrible PI calls, one on offense and one on the defense. terrible. The ridiculous offensive PI call cost the Giants the game. These guys are just as bad as the replacements.

I guess you didn't see nmamdi holding onto the receiver with his right hand before the ball arrived? A lot of contact and in real time, I wouldn't have called it but looking at the reverse angle from the endzone, that was PI.

The real refs are back to being refs..always subject to criticism. The replacement refs were solid maybe 85% of the time..but that other 15% was egregiously bad.