• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not hating our October schedule

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we play 3 out of 4 games on the road in October I don't mind how this shapes up.

The next game is the only early east coast game (@Indy). That is a really tough game I think. Indy is playing good ball right now.

After that the Hawks get Tennessee at home in the Clink. The Titans have played well lately too, but its no longer Locker playing. We'll get to play Fitzpatrick who the Hawks teed off on last year in Toronto.

Then, its a short week as we travel to Arizona for Thursday Night Football. Short week, but its an evening start against a struggling Arizona.

Final game is again on the road. This time against St. Louis. Once again though its a prime time game in the evening on MNF. We get a nice long break too between the Cards game and this one. 10 days off in between will be good to heal up any bruises.

All in all its a fairly favorable schedule for this month. Once we get through this part of the sched we will have most of our remaining games at the Clink.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible to win all 4, although am guessing we drop the Indy game, if we drop one. We'll have a better idea about Arizona in the next two weeks. They play Carolina and SF. I was worried about the Titans game a bit, but now with Locker out, it does not bother me as much. St Louis looks like a wreck.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible to win all 4, although am guessing we drop the Indy game, if we drop one. We'll have a better idea about Arizona in the next two weeks. They play Carolina and SF. I was worried about the Titans game a bit, but now with Locker out, it does not bother me as much. St Louis looks like a wreck.

No doubt any team can win on any given sunday in this league, but if I had to pick one that is most likely a loss I'd say the Indy game without a doubt. Not saying we will lose, but they look like the toughest of the next 4 teams we face.

I'm also pretty happy that after October we will have 5 of 8 games remaining at home. That is a nice way to wrap up the season.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the schedule is favorable, however I cannot stand October in the NFL. All the pink crap the players are forced to wear is annoying. They should pick one Sunday and go all out pink and then get back to regular football. I have nothing against the cause, it is worthy, but a whole month? I don't think so.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those road games against division rivals always find a way to be more interesting than you'd like, even when the Rams or Cardinals aren't doing so well in the standings. We lost both of those games last year and while they were both played before the offense really got rolling, the offense this year isn't exactly lighting the world on fire yet, so it's not going to be easy. Based on the standings, they should be wins, but we'll see. I'm not ready to stick those games in the "favorable" category.

The thing that the Seahawks have going for them in those games this year is that they've already played two close, scratch and claw for the win games on the road this year and could very well play another one this week. Based on how those division road games tend to go, having experience in games like that should help.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the schedule is favorable, however I cannot stand October in the NFL. All the pink crap the players are forced to wear is annoying. They should pick one Sunday and go all out pink and then get back to regular football. I have nothing against the cause, it is worthy, but a whole month? I don't think so.

The causes are good, but the organizations that the NFL supports are very suspect. If you look at how much money both the United Way, and Susan G Komen pay to "run things", you come to the realization its total bullshit.

Wanna help with cancer research? Donate directly to the places trying to find cures, Hutchison in Seattle is a great place, but they are ALL over the country.

Want to help poor people? Look at the Salvation Army, the head of it makes $36,000 a year.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the consensus....Probably 3-1 over the month. Indy is gonna be our loss I think.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indy game will be a grind. I think we play a more conservative Defense on the back end, so Indy will march down the field with stuff over the middle. Our defensive play inside the 30 will dictate the game. The main vulnerability of the Hawks defense is the big play. So far, they have done a decent job at stopping them. A lot of our opponents have made big mistakes in the red zone and I am hoping our pressure will be strong enought to force Luck into one of those mistakes.

Not sure about their defense yet. They have not faced any offenses that really scare me to this point. Hawks offense does not scare me so far, either. They have the home field advantage, so our offense will need to execute and keep turnover's and penalties to a minumum. I hope we win the toss, take the ball and have success running it, convert 3rd downs and keep their crowd out of it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those road games against division rivals always find a way to be more interesting than you'd like, even when the Rams or Cardinals aren't doing so well in the standings. We lost both of those games last year and while they were both played before the offense really got rolling, the offense this year isn't exactly lighting the world on fire yet, so it's not going to be easy. Based on the standings, they should be wins, but we'll see. I'm not ready to stick those games in the "favorable" category.

The thing that the Seahawks have going for them in those games this year is that they've already played two close, scratch and claw for the win games on the road this year and could very well play another one this week. Based on how those division road games tend to go, having experience in games like that should help.

I think one of the biggest differences between our road games with the Cards and Rams last year compared to this year is the fact that both our games this year are prime time (late) games. The Hawks have an outstanding prime time record I believe.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%

I'm all for saving the titties but let's keep the pink off the field. I'm always annoyed with campaigns to "raise awareness" for things that everyone on the planet is already aware of.

Let me google that for you

Bam! There you go, no pink football players necessary.
-------------------

Our patchwork O-line now has four quarters of film on it for Indy to study. It's gonna be tough to walk out of there with a win. We can do it but it's gonna be a brawl.

St. Louis always shows up to play us no matter what kind of shape they're in so I don't consider that one a gimme but honestly I don't see us losing it. You never know with those guys though.

I'd say 2-2 worst case scenario for October with 3-1 more likely. 5 out of 8 home games after that to close out the season should put us in a nice place to compete for HFA.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we run the table in October, then you stamp our #1 playoff seed ticket. We'll only have 3 road games left and even if we lost every single one and lose one home game, that would be a floor of 12-4. That alone might be enough, but the New Orleans game might still need to be a win

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy has no answer for BeastMode. I think Lynch is setup for a big day and will be the big reason we get a W, along with our D at juggernaut strength. Wilson will have it easier against the Indy D then Houston.

The game has basically become a pickum at the sports books, which still shows respect to the Hawks considering the background leading up to it (2nd early east coast in row) and the talent of the offensive weapons Indy now has.

After that, the rest of the month is favorable.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest differences between our road games with the Cards and Rams last year compared to this year is the fact that both our games this year are prime time (late) games. The Hawks have an outstanding prime time record I believe.

That should help, but those games always seem to be grinders no matter what.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch and Wilson need to run the ball well on the Offensive side, and our LBs need to cover the Indy TEs on the Defensive side to win. Those are the keys IMO. We got burned too often on TE routes in Houston and Luck loves his TEs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texan win was enormous. I felt we would be in good shape going 1-1 vs Houston and Indy. Now I feel like we are almost playing with house money this week.
The Tennessee game is looking easier without Jake Locker, Arizona and St Louis are not looking as strong as I thought at the beginning of the year. I think 7-1 is reasonable or possibly 8-0.
Then like was mentioned we have 5 of the last 8 at home and will be getting Okung and Harvin back around then. Watch out!!

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the 10am starts may seem, the schedule really plays to our favor here. We have a really late bye week, which is great for making a run, but the ARIZ/STL games give us a mini-bye right in the middle. It also allows us to heal up good, which helps because STL always plays us rough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy has no answer for BeastMode. I think Lynch is setup for a big day and will be the big reason we get a W, along with our D at juggernaut strength. Wilson will have it easier against the Indy D then Houston.

The game has basically become a pickum at the sports books, which still shows respect to the Hawks considering the background leading up to it (2nd early east coast in row) and the talent of the offensive weapons Indy now has.

After that, the rest of the month is favorable.

Beast mode is tough to get started though with 3 of our best O-lineman out... We still moved the ball well considering... But it's tough man... O-line can never be understated ... SO VITAL... I'm looking forward to this unit getting back together and hopefully healthy... I want that more than Harvin right now..

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger will be back next week which will help the entire line. I think Bowie is getting better each week as well and may be even start of Breno when hes healthy. LT is a major issue and Mcquistan is a well below average LT. We actually ran pretty well last week considering we were without 4 of our top 6 blockers.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next four should be wins easy.