• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not buying it

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fine, we're improving and we get the Redskins first round pick in addition to our own next year. How are your Mariners doing? Aren't the sharing the same trophy case as your football team?

Hammers law ....by a rams fan??!"" and twins?!!??!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd be buying if I were you. It's pretty clear that Bevell thinks that Wilson is too short to attack the middle of the field. If we go out there running these flat routes on the sidelines instead of trying to hit slants then we're going to lose. So the problem is either

A) Bevell buys into the fact that Wilson's too short to play the position when he isn't

or

B) Wilson really is too short to play the position.

Myself, I'd rather see Wilson crash and burn over some guy on our own coaching staff bringing the team down because he has no faith in his qb. The bottom line is that we aren't doing anything unless we attack the middle of the field through the air. If Wilson can't complete those routes then everyone has to accept the fact that a guy his height can't be a legit NFL QB. The Cardinals gimmicked us out of that game and Bevell didn't even want to give Wilson a chance. The scary thing is they did the same thing that the Rams did against us the last two times they met us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The past 3 match ups have been low scoring and decided by a TD or less so it's not a stretch to think this will be another low scoring game.

If I'm putting money on the game it would still be on Seattle BUT I do give the Rams a fighting chance in the game.

It'll be a huge high note for them to end on a 3 game winning streak screwing over a divisional rival who happens to be the best team in the NFL right now in the toughest place to play. So I believe they will be motivated and this will be their Super Bowl.

But I still find it improbable for Seattle to lose two in a row at home with the 1st seed on the line.

I agree with you that the Rams defense will still make things very tough on us, I just don't think they'll be NEARLY as dominant as they were in the earlier Seahawks-Rams game. Our healthier line should give us a lot better (or less bad) pass protection than they did in the last game and the Rams might not put 8 men in the box as much as they did, which of course will help our run game out to some extent.

That said, I agree with you that the game will probably be a close, low scoring affair.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just fine, we're improving and we get the Redskins first round pick in addition to our own next year. How are your Mariners doing? Aren't the sharing the same trophy case as your football team?

I'd say that Mariners are going to improve a lot on offense. We got a good power hitter in Corey Hart and a SUPERB hitter in Robinson Cano.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most Rams posters are cool. Not even sure why a Ram fan would be hoping for a win. At this point I would think you would be hoping for the best draft position, but then you don't post much on the ram board. More of a attention seeking poster IMO.

Get lost !

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think I'd be buying if I were you. It's pretty clear that Bevell thinks that Wilson is too short to attack the middle of the field. If we go out there running these flat routes on the sidelines instead of trying to hit slants then we're going to lose. So the problem is either

A) Bevell buys into the fact that Wilson's too short to play the position when he isn't

or

B) Wilson really is too short to play the position.

Myself, I'd rather see Wilson crash and burn over some guy on our own coaching staff bringing the team down because he has no faith in his qb. The bottom line is that we aren't doing anything unless we attack the middle of the field through the air. If Wilson can't complete those routes then everyone has to accept the fact that a guy his height can't be a legit NFL QB. The Cardinals gimmicked us out of that game and Bevell didn't even want to give Wilson a chance. The scary thing is they did the same thing that the Rams did against us the last two times they met us.

5 11 is always going to be 5 11 and it's something that Wilson is always going to have to work around. There is a reason why sub 6 foot QBs are the exception to the rule and not even close to being norm in the NFL.

What Wilson has going for him is he's really strong in other areas that minimize the weakness of his height and allow him to do well as a QB.

But the NFC West teams have made it clear the way to attack Wilson is keep him contained in the pocket, play sound defense in the secondary, and make a mess of his passing lanes.

It's just the reality that someone that is 5 11 is going to have a more difficult time seeing over guys compared to someone that is 6 5.

Part of that you can blame on the offensive line because keeping passing lanes open and clear does fall on the offensive line.

Another part of the blame is his receiving corp is good but not great. They are very capable of getting the job done but nobody is going to mistake any of them for Josh Gordon or Megatron.

That's not to say he can't throw from the pocket but the "magic" happens when he's outside the pocket and extending plays that turn into big plays.

He's also a young guy that has room to improve and he's not a finished product but his height is something that is always something that's going to need to be worked around and that's one area defenses are going to always try to exploit.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 11 is always going to be 5 11 and it's something that Wilson is always going to have to work around. There is a reason why sub 6 foot QBs are the exception to the rule and not even close to being norm in the NFL.

What Wilson has going for him is he's really strong in other areas that minimize the weakness of his height and allow him to do well as a QB.

But the NFC West teams have made it clear the way to attack Wilson is keep him contained in the pocket, play sound defense in the secondary, and make a mess of his passing lanes.

It's just the reality that someone that is 5 11 is going to have a more difficult time seeing over guys compared to someone that is 6 5.

Part of that you can blame on the offensive line because keeping passing lanes open and clear does fall on the offensive line.

Another part of the blame is his receiving corp is good but not great. They are very capable of getting the job done but nobody is going to mistake any of them for Josh Gordon or Megatron.

That's not to say he can't throw from the pocket but the "magic" happens when he's outside the pocket and extending plays that turn into big plays.

He's also a young guy that has room to improve and he's not a finished product but his height is something that is always something that's going to need to be worked around and that's one area defenses are going to always try to exploit.

The point is that he's able to hit a slant if they'd actually dial one up. And his numbers last year were better in the pocket then they were out of the pocket. It's the play calling that's the problem. The Rams are going to be showing the same defensive alignment that we saw this week and if we aren't dialing up plays to Miller or L. Wilson then it's going to be the same story. None of this spread receiver, empty backfield, out of the gun horseshit. We were killing defenses with play action out of power formations and for whatever reason they dropped it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm now patting myself on the back for not getting my hopes up.

:cool2:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it is at least a reasonable chance your boys have to come back up to the clink after dispatching GB next week.

Wonder if your fans are going to be Saints fans next week? Rather see Cam and the Panthers in your second round? :noidea:

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it is at least a reasonable chance your boys have to come back up to the clink after dispatching GB next week.

Wonder if your fans are going to be Saints fans next week? Rather see Cam and the Panthers in your second round? :noidea:

From what I read I think our fan base is split on it. Personally like something on your to do list that you dread I would rather get it over with. I don't think you are playing your best ball of the season due to your offense being in a slump. I would rather play you now before RW gets the offense going again.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be drinking that Seattle media kool-aid.

Keep in mind that they do play the Rams, who pretty raped and pillaged Seattle in the first game, only to lose 14-9 (Bradford didn't play). The Sea-chickens only gained 135 yards in that game and 80 of that was on 1 TD play. So maybe the Rams D knows something about these guys and the Rams are playing better now.

And remember Seattle's lucky wins against Carolina (12-7), Houston (OT), and TB (OT).

Maybe Sea. will come back big, but I don't think the Rams are too afraid of these fortunate frauds.

Thanks for jinxing your team

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read I think our fan base is split on it. Personally like something on your to do list that you dread I would rather get it over with. I don't think you are playing your best ball of the season due to your offense being in a slump. I would rather play you now before RW gets the offense going again.

I know it is a common perception that our offense is struggling and there is some validity to that, however don't underestimate the next gear teams hit in the playoffs. Carroll sort of eluded that they were playing a more conservative offense than normal yesterday. They would rather punt than risk fumbles and INT's.

The problems with the Seattle offense has been almost entirely on the offensive line. It's not like Wilson has been struggling or there are problems with Lynch. They are a bit dinged up in the WR corp, but with Harvin possibly playing and Kearse likely back they will have the weapons they need to be effective at home.

I can see where some of your base might fear Cam and their offense more though.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Hammers law?

Basically using a team's past success in an attempt to win an argument. A good example is the billboard the 49ers put up with their 5 championships.:lol:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically using a team's past success in an attempt to win an argument. A good example is the billboard the 49ers put up with their 5 championships.:lol:

So basically 49er fan law. Got it. :suds:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAMMER'S LAW

:laugh3:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Weather forecast has it 28 degrees and 15-20 mph winds for GB this sunday. Possible snow. Have fun giners.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need (probably have those already) signs at every entrances that says.
"Welcome To The Frozen Tundra. Enter At Your Own Risk."

Seriously, I don't want anyone wants to play in that icebox in January except the cheese heads.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Weather forecast has it 28 degrees and 15-20 mph winds for GB this sunday. Possible snow. Have fun giners.

The Niners are more fucked than a sorority girl that's been slipped a roofie inside Ben Roethlisberger's house. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: