• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm jumping the gun on this a bit, I know

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2011 MLB Draft Results: Steals and Stretches - Minor League Ball

Read the comments section. John Sickels likes Panik a lot more than some other guys out there that are ripping the pick. It's like we've drafted a more patient/athletic Freddy Sanchez (ceiling wise at least.)

So here's me jumping the gun, with all the draftees we have so far, how would you rank the Giants top 10 prospects. I don't think it's too early because it's somewhat unlikely (although it's certainly possible) that we get a late rounder that is projected right off the bat to be better than enough prospects to be a top 10 guy. For the purposes of this, assume that Ford, Belt, and Crawford are no longer prospects. Ready? Go!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Panik HAS to be a top 10, but it would be hard to place him with the tiny bit that we know about him right now.

You have to figure he is higher than any of the existing 2B in the system, so that would put him at about 6 or so...

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that Panik HAS to be a top 10, but it would be hard to place him with the tiny bit that we know about him right now.

You have to figure he is higher than any of the existing 2B in the system, so that would put him at about 6 or so...

So he'd obviously be behind:
Wheeler, :hail:Brown, Neal, Peguero?, Surkamp?, Hembree? I guess this is the point in the season where it's tough to evaluate prospects since many of them are about to jump to another level.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown and Wheeler, definitely.

Peguero? Adrianza? Neal? Sanchez? Surkamp? Hembree? Verdugo?

Lets get him signed first and we can evaluate...