• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm having a hard time thinking of a slower offense than ours

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of one. Taking QB out of the equation, is there a team slower than the 49ers from an on-the-field standpoint?

Not that I have a problem with that. I doubt mind being the slowest team, since we're one of the biggest and most physical teams in all of football. BUT, we're not playing like a big, physical team, we're playing like a quick, finesse team and we just don't have the players for that.

Time to bunch up, play some i-Formation, some play-action, and run it down everyone's throats.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I concur.

I know Harbaugh wants an offense that can attack every part of the field and do everything but we just simply don't have that personnel right now.

So you have to lean towards the strengths and play power football right now since that's what the roster is currently strong at.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like losing Randy Moss is hurting the Niners more than we thought it would because even though he didn't catch a lot of passes, defenses would shift coverage and play a safety over the top a whole lot more than they are now because they were afraid of Moss getting behind the CB and running free.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like losing Randy Moss is hurting the Niners more than we thought it would because even though he didn't catch a lot of passes, defenses would shift coverage and play a safety over the top a whole lot more than they are now because they were afraid of Moss getting behind the CB and running free.

Even more now that they know Kaepernick wants to throw it deep - even to the point some people in the overreaction aftermath of the Colts game asked where the checkdowns were and said Kaepernick was a one-read QB. Some of those people probably were trolls, though, posing as Niners fans (I'm not saying that a true fan can't have doubts about our team, coach, or players without being a troll).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of one. Taking QB out of the equation, is there a team slower than the 49ers from an on-the-field standpoint?

Not that I have a problem with that. I doubt mind being the slowest team, since we're one of the biggest and most physical teams in all of football. BUT, we're not playing like a big, physical team, we're playing like a quick, finesse team and we just don't have the players for that.

Time to bunch up, play some i-Formation, some play-action, and run it down everyone's throats.

Alhambra High School

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't have a problem running the ball, and never did going back to Bill Walsh (including Mariuchi).
so i'd continue running no question, but wouldn't push it till it starts to come around? if we have to go a little more pass meanwhile, substitute short passes.

it depends on in game conditions, don't going in there thinking run no matter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speed.... how much did the coaches threw away? Ginn? Jenkins(thank god though lol)... Hawkins?(noo, we have moore n patton...duh!) and don't even suit up LMJ.... even though Hunter has great speed IMO but we do not run the ball nor check down...