• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Seattle

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread,,,,,,I cant disagree with it. I think we'll hover around .500 for the next couple of years and Carroll will retire. This season has way to many question marks. Yeah we drafted Penny and Carson should be healthy, but is that even going to matter with that Oline? Is the line really that bad or was it all Cable? We'll see. We also cut bait with a lot of talent and replaced it with cheap, discount players. Hows that going to work out? See, to many questions. Team could be better than expected or it can be a lot worse.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread,,,,,,I cant disagree with it. I think we'll hover around .500 for the next couple of years and Carroll will retire. This season has way to many question marks. Yeah we drafted Penny and Carson should be healthy, but is that even going to matter with that Oline? Is the line really that bad or was it all Cable? We'll see. We also cut bait with a lot of talent and replaced it with cheap, discount players. Hows that going to work out? See, to many questions. Team could be better than expected or it can be a lot worse.

You're not giving our OL enough credit. We don't need high $ dollar guys protecting RW3. All we need is a smart coach to get the best of his players and that's what we have in Solari. Tom Cable was god awful with the line last year and Bevell was just as bad calling the plays for our offense. We have a fresh start and it's something this team needed. We're going to have a new identity on both sides of the ball and I truly feel the locker room will fluorish once again under Pete's watch.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the coaching staff was growing tired of Sherman and Bennett's antics

That's not a fact, that's an opinion (and one I probably agree with)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<shrug>

Just pointing out that it wasn't like Seattle was on an island thinking the guy was worth a late 1st round pick.
There's always a lot of talk after picks. What I've noticed is the "rumors" of another team ready to pounce seem to come up more often when the pick was a real eye brow raiser and questioned by some. I'm not sure I believe NE was about to take the guy, but I saw a few articles about it, so who knows. I didn't like the pick myself based on what else was out there and not sure I like this kid to be a top player, but I like that Seattle saw a player they wanted and just took him. Who cares what other people think. Take YOUR guy. If you try to get cute and wait because you think a guy will be there later you may lose him. It only takes one other team to like a guy. So from that perspective I give Sea the :thumb:. The idea that a guy is a poor pick because he didn't show up in that spot on mocks is silly and what most seem to go off of.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a lot of talk after picks. What I've noticed is the "rumors" of another team ready to pounce seem to come up more often when the pick was a real eye brow raiser and questioned by some. I'm not sure I believe NE was about to take the guy, but I saw a few articles about it, so who knows. I didn't like the pick myself based on what else was out there and not sure I like this kid to be a top player, but I like that Seattle saw a player they wanted and just took him. Who cares what other people think. Take YOUR guy. If you try to get cute and wait because you think a guy will be there later you may lose him. It only takes one other team to like a guy. So from that perspective I give Sea the :thumb:. The idea that a guy is a poor pick because he didn't show up in that spot on mocks is silly and what most seem to go off of.

I'm happy we got OUR guy and like you mentioned why should we care if it pisses off another team because we drafted them and they didn't even though he was their at the time they were on the clock before we were. I can't help but laugh at the logic of some of these teams and how their FO is run LOL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not giving our OL enough credit. We don't need high $ dollar guys protecting RW3. All we need is a smart coach to get the best of his players and that's what we have in Solari. Tom Cable was god awful with the line last year and Bevell was just as bad calling the plays for our offense. We have a fresh start and it's something this team needed. We're going to have a new identity on both sides of the ball and I truly feel the locker room will fluorish once again under Pete's watch.

I think sometimes the oline coaches get a bit too much blame. Talent on the oline goes a long way. Solari was the NY Giants oline coach in 2016 and that unit was considered among the worst in football. Solari isn't a bad coach, he just didn't have the talent to work with. We will see what Cable does in Oakland this year. If he is that bad of an oline coach I would expect Oakland's oline play to get worse.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I believe NE was about to take the guy, but I saw a few articles about it, so who knows.

Apparently NE called after the pick, to talk trade...

Who cares what other people think. Take YOUR guy. If you try to get cute and wait because you think a guy will be there later you may lose him. It only takes one other team to like a guy. So from that perspective I give Sea the :thumb:. The idea that a guy is a poor pick because he didn't show up in that spot on mocks is silly and what most seem to go off of.

'Zactly.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported numerous times in the past.

Sure, and Pete's gone on the record numerous times, backing his players. <shrug>

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Solari vs Cable, Seattle fans are split on Cable.

I'm okay with the team having swapped out TC, because Solari has a good rep too. But talent is talent. Assuming Fant comes back healthy, Seattle's line could be MUCH improved. If they are, it'll be because of the talent Cable brought in (I'd buy an argument that Brown and Fluker aren't 100% Cable's decision)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the oline coaches get a bit too much blame. Talent on the oline goes a long way. Solari was the NY Giants oline coach in 2016 and that unit was considered among the worst in football. Solari isn't a bad coach, he just didn't have the talent to work with. We will see what Cable does in Oakland this year. If he is that bad of an oline coach I would expect Oakland's oline play to get worse.

Agree with this. You still have to have talent to do much of anything especially with a unit like the OL. Right now I would say talent wise the Seahawks are bottom-5 in the NFL in that regard. I really do think it was a head scratching situation that they did so little for the OL this offseason with so little talent.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think it was a head scratching situation that they did so little for the OL this offseason with so little talent.

Because if you slot Fant back into the starting 5 and let Pocic continue to bulk up and mature, the line will be better.

Brown --- Pocic ---- Britt

has the chance to be a pretty solid left side. Fant if he's healthy probably moves to RT.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Solari vs Cable, Seattle fans are split on Cable.

I'm okay with the team having swapped out TC, because Solari has a good rep too. But talent is talent. Assuming Fant comes back healthy, Seattle's line could be MUCH improved. If they are, it'll be because of the talent Cable brought in (I'd buy an argument that Brown and Fluker aren't 100% Cable's decision)

I hated Cable as our offensive line coach he was too predictable with the blocking schemes. I'm holding alot of faith in Solari to not give us a repeat of last season :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you slot Fant back into the starting 5 and let Pocic continue to bulk up and mature, the line will be better.

Brown --- Pocic ---- Britt

has the chance to be a pretty solid left side. Fant if he's healthy probably moves to RT.

I look at that group and say "ouch that looks mediocre at best." I'm sorry but it takes a lot of creative thinking to think that OL will be anything but below average this upcoming season.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like a rebuilding season to me. I have them at about 9-7 next year.

Tons of new pieces with two new coordinators and a new O-line coach plus some big changes on D. Not really expecting that defensive scheme to change much unless ET is gone but I'd expect they go back to the basics on offense now that Seattle has gone all-in on blocking TEs and a 1st round RB.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like a rebuilding season to me. I have them at about 9-7 next year.

Tons of new pieces with two new coordinators and a new O-line coach plus some big changes on D. Not really expecting that defensive scheme to change much unless ET is gone but I'd expect they go back to the basics on offense now that Seattle has gone all-in on blocking TEs and a 1st round RB.

Is it a rebuilding year if we just so happen to make it deep into the playoffs?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a rebuilding year if we just so happen to make it deep into the playoffs?

This is making a lot of assumptions about the future of this team in the upcoming season. I can't imagine there being too many people picking the Seahawks to win their division or make the playoffs in this upcoming season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at that group and say "ouch that looks mediocre at best." I'm sorry but it takes a lot of creative thinking to think that OL will be anything but below average this upcoming season.

Oh c'mon. Brown was a pro-bowler at his position. Britt has been a probowler.

Pocic showed pretty decent potential. I'm not saying they're going to be the second coming of Walter and Hutch Fuckinson, but they COULD be decent.

Decent is a big improvement. Decent could let Wilson do some amazing things.