• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with the Lions..........

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious comment from comment section on PFT:

"No one in the history of the world has ever looked at a problem and said, “You know who I bet could fix this? Jim Bob Cooter.”

LOL

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I don't understand about fans is how they give up so easily. We are only one year removed from a playoff birth. Take the good with the bad and roll with it. Hell, we might finally get some of the changes we need. Support your squad guys.

55de1efb9bd6d.image.jpg

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I don't understand about fans is how they give up so easily. We are only one year removed from a playoff birth. Take the good with the bad and roll with it. Hell, we might finally get some of the changes we need. Support your squad guys.

LOL. The team has ONE playoff win in our lifetimes (for most of us), but we "give up too easily."

If you accept mediocrity as "good enough to buy a ticket", you get what you deserve. The team needs to be dismantled from ownership on down and given a complete fresh start.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured it was a star wars character, but I won't be taking my kid to see the movie. I've never even watched it and have no interest in seeing it. Not my cup of tea -- the whole star wars, star trek type of shows.
Not even close to the same thing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I won't defend Mayhew right now, I still think this roster is good enough to win games.

We will see if these changes actually do just that, change. Can they win some games? Sure, but are they built to be true contenders? No... Hell no! Why? Because of useless drafts finally showing Mayhew's inept skills as a GM. Lewand does not get a pass either here. Kicking the can for years is showing its ill effects also.

Truly Yao, can you actually defend him later? He is the final decision maker. So IMO he failed at hiring two HCs and their staffs. Detroit might be the only franchise in the NFL that would stand for that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see if these changes actually do just that, change. Can they win some games? Sure, but are they built to be true contenders? No... Hell no! Why? Because of useless drafts finally showing Mayhew's inept skills as a GM. Lewand does not get a pass either here. Kicking the can for years is showing its ill effects also.

Truly Yao, can you actually defend him later? He is the final decision maker. So IMO he failed at hiring two HCs and their staffs. Detroit might be the only franchise in the NFL that would stand for that.

With good coaches, the Lions probably go to the SB and lose to the Patriots last year. The team isn’t void of overall talent. Teams are winning right now with less talent than the Lions.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The team has ONE playoff win in our lifetimes (for most of us), but we "give up too easily."

If you accept mediocrity as "good enough to buy a ticket", you get what you deserve. The team needs to be dismantled from ownership on down and given a complete fresh start.

Everything I say is blown out of proportion. LOL

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With good coaches, the Lions probably go to the SB and lose to the Patriots last year. The team isn’t void of overall talent. Teams are winning right now with less talent than the Lions.

I wouldn't say the Lions are super talented.
  • CJ is still the best player on the team but lost a half step
  • Ansah is one of the best DE in the NFC
  • Tate, while talented. Is in the midst of a down year
  • Ebron is showing flashes here and there
  • Quin is still good but not putting up big numbers this year
The rest of the team is average to replacement level players or at least playing to it.

So 5 good-high end players out of 53.
9% of the team is good.
91% of the team sucks or is average at best.
Hence the 1-6 record

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Lombardi was or was not part of the problem? Again I haven't watched yet, so just listening and reading the game thread. Execution failure is one or two missed blocks. Not the 300 you guys are speaking of. Coaching and scheme failures IMO is why Lombardi is out of a job. Good coaches put their players in positions to be able to execute, not fail. Lombardis scheme was terrible last year. A year of film and every team knows how to beat him. Make two adjustments, because he makes none. He was the same way last year. It just didn't hurt as bad because a top ranked defense masked the issue.

The great coaches adapt yearly. That's not the staff.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the Lions are super talented.
  • CJ is still the best player on the team but lost a half step
  • Ansah is one of the best DE in the NFC
  • Tate, while talented. Is in the midst of a down year
  • Ebron is showing flashes here and there
  • Quin is still good but not putting up big numbers this year
The rest of the team is average to replacement level players or at least playing to it.

So 5 good-high end players out of 53.
9% of the team is good.
91% of the team sucks or is average at best.
Hence the 1-6 record

A few high-end players is pretty average, IMO. Then you have your average guys that play well and show up every week. The Lions do have some of those guys. Then, you have your guys that need to be replaced that should be hidden within the scheme of things. All teams have those too.

The Pats are a prime example of this. They don’t have a bunch of superstars, they have a nice core of decent guys that play well together. Look at their defense. They lost guys and have nobody at CB and still win games.

Atlanta and the Bengals all have decent players too.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lombardi was part of the problem but I do hold players accountable. Lombardi's scheme wasnt enough to get the job done.

And I also think all teams "know" what their opponents want to do and they try and take that away but the difference is actually having the ability to stop it. The Patroits do whatever they want regardless and so do all the good teams.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots did not run the ball against the Jets. Well, Tom did though.

I agree Yao, just Lombardi couldn't change once teams stopped him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots did not run the ball against the Jets. Well, Tom did though.

I agree Yao, just Lombardi couldn't change once teams stopped him.

Yep. Lost in my keeper this week thanks to a fat 0 by Blount. Sucks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lombardi was part of the problem

Lombardi is a scapegoat. The whole team is void of championship caliber talent. This is on Mayhew. 31 other teams would fire him at the end of the year. Who knows with the Lions.