• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm calling it now. Bucs over the Broncos

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it wouldn't shock me. Broncos are coming off 3 very hard fought games. This will be the 2nd road game in a row against a non-conference opponent. If there is a team that maybe they take too lightly it might be this game. A loss here doesn't exactly destroy our playoff chances compared to if this was a divisional opponent.

Throw in traditionally the Broncos have not done well going to games in Florida early in the season with the heat. So there are definitely things working in the Bucs favor to get the upset. I don't think it happens but it wouldn't shock me to see the Broncos come out a bit flat and the Bucs to capitalize.

I lived in Tampa for 5 yrs. Late Sept/early Oct there is basically like Jul or Aug here in ATL...i.e. it's will be hot and humid (90+ heat index) so maybe the heat is a factor..

There probably is some level of desperation for Tampa. From talking to family down there and hearing the local team analysis, they expected to be a winning team this season, 1-3 with CAR, OAK, ATL, KC in the next 6 coming up could put a dimmer on those expectations.

But as I said in my earlier post...Bucs are still not a great pass blocking team and with Martin out at RB...this is not a good matchup for them imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can pull a rabbit out of their helmets & beat duh $tealer$ once this year I'll celebrate like they made the playoffs!:nod:
Why PIT man? Why not CIN? they're the DIV champ!

We NEED to sweep CLE, hell.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Tampa for 5 yrs. Late Sept/early Oct there is basically like Jul or Aug here in ATL...i.e. it's will be hot and humid (90+ heat index) so maybe the heat is a factor..

There probably is some level of desperation for Tampa. From talking to family down there and hearing the local team analysis, they expected to be a winning team this season, 1-3 with CAR, OAK, ATL, KC in the next 6 coming up could put a dimmer on those expectations.

But as I said in my earlier post...Bucs are still not a great pass blocking team and with Martin out at RB...this is not a good matchup for them imo.

I do know that the Broncos will be wearing their home Orange on Sunday. Tampa Bay figured with the heat it is better to put the road team in the darker color and let them wear the lighter away jersey. If the weather holds true it is expected to be 90 degrees with a 60% chance of rain. Broncos have actually been practicing this week with the balls wet and actually having coaches throw water at the WR's as they are trying to catch the football just in case it is raining.

So will definitely be hot and humid down on the field. The good thing for the Broncos is that it has been pretty hot in Denver this entire week so conditions shouldn't shock them quite as much.

And yeah Tampa was a team thought to be ready to break out. Winston finished the year strong and a lot of people thought he would pick up right where he left off if not be further along. Instead I think he has regressed a little bit. He is trying to do too much and unfortunately for him the coaches are not helping him at all. I think he had 58 passing attempts last week. They pretty much abandoned the run game and just told him to go out and win it for them. Well not exactly what you want to do to a young QB even if they are expected to be your franchise guy. IF they do that this week against the Broncos they will get him hurt. They cannot try and throw it 55-60 times. Problem is with Martin like you said out they are limited a bit in the run game. So yeah not a great match up for them and they will probably play right into the Broncos strengths. They are going to have to lean on a defense that has been down right terrible to come up with a big game and force some turnovers to keep them in this one. Crazier things have happened so again not counting this as a victory yet but I do like the Broncos chances.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Bucs destroyed the Raiders in the Super Bowl? That was a fun game to watch.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as crazy as it sounds - Northern team generally struggle in the September(early October) heat and humidity in Florida.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why PIT man? Why not CIN? they're the DIV champ!

We NEED to sweep CLE, hell.

Oh be nice just once & let the Clowns beat the steelers this year. Thank you.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know that the Broncos will be wearing their home Orange on Sunday. Tampa Bay figured with the heat it is better to put the road team in the darker color and let them wear the lighter away jersey. If the weather holds true it is expected to be 90 degrees with a 60% chance of rain. Broncos have actually been practicing this week with the balls wet and actually having coaches throw water at the WR's as they are trying to catch the football just in case it is raining.

So will definitely be hot and humid down on the field. The good thing for the Broncos is that it has been pretty hot in Denver this entire week so conditions shouldn't shock them quite as much.

And yeah Tampa was a team thought to be ready to break out. Winston finished the year strong and a lot of people thought he would pick up right where he left off if not be further along. Instead I think he has regressed a little bit. He is trying to do too much and unfortunately for him the coaches are not helping him at all. I think he had 58 passing attempts last week. They pretty much abandoned the run game and just told him to go out and win it for them. Well not exactly what you want to do to a young QB even if they are expected to be your franchise guy. IF they do that this week against the Broncos they will get him hurt. They cannot try and throw it 55-60 times. Problem is with Martin like you said out they are limited a bit in the run game. So yeah not a great match up for them and they will probably play right into the Broncos strengths. They are going to have to lean on a defense that has been down right terrible to come up with a big game and force some turnovers to keep them in this one. Crazier things have happened so again not counting this as a victory yet but I do like the Broncos chances.

Winston stunk it up in AZ, but played really well vs ATL and had two TOs, but overall he had a good game last week...as you said, not much balance...their DEF which is one reason I thought they might have a shot at 9 wins let them down big time in the two losses....solid front 7, they can get pressure, but don't have that consistent edge rusher yet...back end is close.

If DEN takes them lightly I can see the Bucs winning...but I'm not expecting it this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh be nice just once & let the Clowns beat the steelers this year. Thank you.

Gordon will be back...it won't matter who is at QB, I can see CLE throwing for 380 yds in both games...Steelers have some problems they need to get fixed really fast on DEF.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon will be back...it won't matter who is at QB, I can see CLE throwing for 380 yds in both games...Steelers have some problems they need to get fixed really fast on DEF.

You know who the Browns really need? Timmy 'touchdown' Tebow.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm I think you mean Timmy "homerun smashing" Tebow.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pig-whit-big-balls_o_464912.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno

never would have guessed that the Steelers and the Cardinals would have gotten curb stomped either

any given Sunday

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...the stubborn legend Dick Lebeau is gone so I wouldn't mind facing Tebow, but even he might put up 300 yds right off the baseball field.