• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Thought Fans Jumpin' ON the Patriots Bandwagon Was Rapid...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....holy shit, look how fast so many of them are jumping off.

image-asset.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's jumping off?

Boston media idiots don't count

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha 12-4. 3 of the 4 losses went down to the last possession and the 4th (the ravens game) was competitive deep into the second half. Sure they had some uncharacteristic losses late in the year but if AB doesn’t fuck up on Twitter this is team is a legit threat to win the SB.

The standard that people set for them is just unrealistic.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's jumping off?

Boston media sucks. Dan shaugnessy personally made the Red Sox unenjoyable until David Ortiz came along and straightened out that pencil neck geek.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's jumping off?

Droider. He already said he'll pick his new favorite team after the Super Bowl.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media sucks. Dan shaugnessy personally made the Red Sox unenjoyable until David Ortiz came along and straightened out that pencil neck geek.
I remember seeing Shaugnessy on either MLB Network or ESPN some years ago and thinking he was a total asshole and an idiot. Wasn't he one who said he would never vote a player to the HOF on the first ballot because of Ted Williams or some asinine shit?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha 12-4. 3 of the 4 losses went down to the last possession and the 4th (the ravens game) was competitive deep into the second half. Sure they had some uncharacteristic losses late in the year but if AB doesn’t fuck up on Twitter this is team is a legit threat to win the SB.

The standard that people set for them is just unrealistic.
The Patriots never recovered after the Ravens handed down that ass beating. That's why people are abandoning ship.

Maybe they will find their next Drew Bledsoe in the draft to bail out the sinking organization.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing Shaugnessy on either MLB Network or ESPN some years ago and thinking he was a total asshole and an idiot. Wasn't he one who said he would never vote a player to the HOF on the first ballot because of Ted Williams or some asinine shit?

I worked security at Fenway was 89-93. I would see him at the ballpark covering the games. One time he came up to me and asked for help because people were “harnessing” him in his seat and I just stared at him. I wanted desperately to tell him what I really thought of him but I would have gotten fired so all I could do was stare at him. It was apparent to me that he got the message.

Later, I was at game 4 of the WS in StL when the Red Sox won the WS. It was a few hours before the game and I was just walking around outside and saw him. He was standing with some young female (daughter, female assistant, I’m not sure). I walk right up to him and say “in a few hours your trash book will be obsolete”. He just looks at me and says “oh yeah”. I said “yeah... and shame on you for making money off that bullshit”.

The Red Sox win the WS and I stay up all night and party at the players hotel with hundreds of other fans. Around dawn I go back to my hotel room to pack and head to the airport. I’m in a taxi on my way to the airport when I see him jogging on the sidewalk. Some random guy in a taxi in front of me yells out the window “shaughnessy you fuck... you ruined our town!” Shaughnessy was startled and almost fell over while jogging. Right then and there I realized that it wasn’t just me who felt that way and that POS has had a miserable existence because of that book. A sense of peace and calm came over me that I can still recall to this day.