• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you don't agree the Sharks are done...

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, no.

Nobody's calling for bag skates or anything that will kill them.

But I don't buy the "practicing by watching video is best for us these days" excuse.

If the team was doing well, yes, awesome excuse.

But they're playing like absolute shit. Surely some time on the ice together will do you some good. A lot more than the fucking video watching.

Also, a down year is fine but down to the level of not making the playoffs when more than half the league makes the playoffs is fucking embarrassing. Moreso with the roster you've got.

Have you every played sports competitively, rares?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you every played sports competitively, rares?

Yup, soccer from age 2-21 or so. Why? :p

PS. None of my coaches ever cancelled practice because we were "too tired" and could use the rest. Maybe made us run 3 miles worth of laps for the day instead of 7 or whatever, but not cancel it.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PS. None of my coaches ever cancelled practice because we were "too tired" and could use the rest. Maybe made us run 3 miles worth of laps for the day instead of 7 or whatever, but not cancel it.

You just want to reclaim the 'Most Negative Poster' award back don't you. ;)

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lady asked if you played competitive SPORTS. :drum:

Only kidding, I too played/like the sport of soccer.

:peace:

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't posted on here for a pretty long time, but I wanted to say that I think this team absolutely needs to be blown up. This core group of Patty, Joe, Clowe, etc have not gotten the job done. I feel that Doug has made every move necessary to get them to perform, and the motivation just isn't there with them. Meanwhile, Doug's moves have hemorraged our farm system so that we have absolutely no prospects of worth and no future to speak of.

I'm really hoping that the team misses the playoffs so they just blow it up, including firing Doug, firing McLellan, trading all our high end players, and just accepting a full rebuild. I have lost all enthusiasm for watching this team as it is currently constituted, because I've seen this story over and over and over for the past 6 years. Whether they crawl into the playoffs or cruise in, they always lose to more motivated, grittier teams, and I'm not sure anyone doubts that would happen this year. From a sheer fan excitement perspective, I feel like they need to just rebuild, so that there's actually something interesting to watch on this team. Seeing the same players lose the same way is not interesting.

To be clear, I'm not saying this as some douche who started watching the Sharks 3 years ago. I've been watching for at least 15 years, and I'm losing all enthusiasm for this team right now. I love Joe and Patty, and I think Doug did a good job trying to build a contender, but the ship has sailed and they need to move on to a new group. What do you guys think?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just want to reclaim the 'Most Negative Poster' award back don't you. ;)

Haha.. yes, I must have it, my precioussss...

The lady asked if you played competitive SPORTS. :drum:

Only kidding, I too played/like the sport of soccer.

:peace:

LOL... I knew that was coming too... :p