• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if we beat the Saints does any team left scare you more?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Suppose we beat New Orleans this weekend.

I think offensively they are about as good as it comes, better than the Packers or Pats. They run the ball better than both of those teams.

Defensively the Saints are about average I would say.
So if we can get by the Saints I'm confident about playing the Packers or Pats.

But what about a team like the Ravens? They are built more like us, and they can get pressure. Giants pass rush can be daunting as well. Those two teams would pose a different threat.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was going to say the Ravens (although the Saints are my top NFC team). They're like a better version of the Niners.

I had the Ravens & Saints in the SB before the season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the playoffs and after watching the '87 loss to Minnesota - they all scare me...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
none of the teams scare me, but i respect them all. to me, every single one of them would be tough games even in SF.

it'll be interesting to see how well the heavy pass/poor D teams do? New England, Green Bay, and New Orleans are elite passing teams, but they don't have good defenses. well, New Orleans isn't too bad, but still not GOOD.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either game next week scares me. The Giants appear to be clicking and have the 2nd best defense in the NFC playoffs along with an offense fully capably of keeping pace with teams like the Saints and Packers. We do get the game at home though.

The Packers only scare me because it's an away game, but I think we match up to them pretty well.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Saints have played some bad teams this season, as have the Niners
" Witness the NFC west"
I think once you get this far, all bets are off.
Playoffs are the start of a new season.
Good luck Niners, my Steelers are out, so I'm rootin for the local team.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
This is the playoffs and after watching the '87 loss to Minnesota - they all scare me...

And the Vikings season ended on a 4th down drop by Darrin Nelson on the goal line..Damn Skins go to the Super Bowl.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The Niners got the Vikes back the next couple years though. And that was on one hell of a defense too. Montana was a surgeon.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Niners got the Vikes back the next couple years though. And that was on one hell of a defense too. Montana was a surgeon.

Yeah it sure was...#1 offense and (I believe) #1 defense as well - The Vikes were the 6th seed that year. Burns clearly game planned for Joe and had forced Joe into one of his worst playoff games. I will always contend that Walsh waited too long to pull Montana on that day. That was a masterful coaching job by Burns.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah #1 defense in '87 and '88 and '89 lol.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers and Ravens are the two teams that scare me the most. I had both teams picked to go to the Super Bowl before the season and i still expect it.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If the Vikes would have had a great QB those years would have been very good for us fans..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Packers and Ravens are the two teams that scare me the most. I had both teams picked to go to the Super Bowl before the season and i still expect it.

I think it's going to be a great weekend on the NFC side. Defense against offense in both games.. I'm hoping defense wins out both games..
I was thinking Saints Steelers Super Bowl, but these defenses have me thinking otherwise.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be a great weekend on the NFC side. Defense against offense in both games.. I'm hoping defense wins out both games..
I was thinking Saints Steelers Super Bowl, but these defenses have me thinking otherwise.

I think the Giants chances just greatly improved, with what the news reported as a sloppy and slippery snow hitting the midwest. Sounds like ideal conditions for a strong D and running game, and a nightmare for a team that has survived from the pass.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Suppose we beat New Orleans this weekend.

I think offensively they are about as good as it comes, better than the Packers or Pats. They run the ball better than both of those teams.

Defensively the Saints are about average I would say.
So if we can get by the Saints I'm confident about playing the Packers or Pats.

But what about a team like the Ravens? They are built more like us, and they can get pressure. Giants pass rush can be daunting as well. Those two teams would pose a different threat.

No. It was just our bad luck to draw the toughest team in the league right off the bat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. It was just our bad luck to draw the toughest team in the league right off the bat.

prior to this season, if you were offered the #2 seed and hosting the "toughest team in the league", would you take it?

well thats how you should look at it now, be happy where we are and don't SCARED chitless. you've been worshipping the Saints all week and still doing it today, you're not going to enjoy the game.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
prior to this season, if you were offered the #2 seed and hosting the "toughest team in the league", would you take it?
well thats how you should look at it now, be happy where we are and don't SCARED chitless. you've been worshipping the Saints all week and still doing it today, you're not going to enjoy the game.

Damn right I would. Go Niners.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whoever wins between the Packers and Giants scare me. Other than that none of the AFC teams particularly scare me.

The Patriots are just too terrible on defense to be scary.

Even though we lost to them the Ravens don't particularly scare me either. Given a full two weeks of rest and preparation on a neutral field I think we can take the Ravens.

But you know what bring anybody on. If we're truly deserving of that Super Bowl ring than I say bring the best and let's have no excuses or what ifs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only team that would scare me after the saints....would be the miami heat