• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Niners had Seattle's heart and drive..

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is if you put your heals down on SF and rattle Kaepernick he won't be able to turn things around like Wilson did IMO. If you let him get going and they build a lead it will be a blood bath.

The book is out on Kaepernick. I get the feeling that he'll be neutralized by even mediocre defenses.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like in the second half of the Super Bowl? :wtf:

Delusion city. I know you guys are pumped or drunk OR both but let's not act like the season has been decided just yet.

I'm basing my views of both QB's purely off what they have done this season with the pieces they have around them this year. I don't have any reason to deny he did some clutch things last year, but we have not seen that again out of him this season. By his own words he had two really really bad games where he didn't play well enough and in both the other team got up early and turned the screws on him and he never found a way to turn it around.

You can say he doesn't have his receivers or whatever, but the flip side is last year maybe it wasn't him, but those same receivers you say he needs to stop failing this year. Sorry if my opinion bothers SF fans, but I'm still entitled to it. :suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing my views of both QB's purely off what they have done this season with the pieces they have around them this year. I don't have any reason to deny he did some clutch things last year, but we have not seen that again out of him this season. By his own words he had two really really bad games where he didn't play well enough and in both the other team got up early and turned the screws on him and he never found a way to turn it around.

You can say he doesn't have his receivers or whatever, but the flip side is last year maybe it wasn't him, but those same receivers you say he needs to stop failing this year. Sorry if my opinion bothers SF fans, but I'm still entitled to it. :suds:

Yes you are. From week to week things change. Players get injured while others get healthy. Denver looks like the best right now but the competition hasn't been that difficult. I'll let the chips fall where they may. I still like our chances.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the 49ers become irrelevant, they will be a hot topic here. SuperLOL aka Breaker99 helps fuel it on the general broad, thank God he can't post here.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the 49ers become irrelevant, they will be a hot topic here. SuperLOL aka Breaker99 helps fuel it on the general broad, thank God he can't post here.

I get that there's going to be some Niners talk, but does there need to be so much of it? We're undefeated and effectively 3 games up on them right now (with the tiebreaker). In this case, it was a troll bait thread, but still.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that there's going to be some Niners talk, but does there need to be so much of it? We're undefeated and effectively 3 games up on them right now (with the tiebreaker). In this case, it was a troll bait thread, but still.

Yes it's a troll bait thread, but well ...... do I really need to explain. I think you'll get my drift.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are irrelevent and they will remain that way until they prove they can beat 2 or 3 good teams. So far they have only beaten maybe one good team and that is still a giant question mark. GB has not faced any team with a winning record along with the Niners. I know it is early and the sample size is small, but it is what it is.

When they beat 2 or 3 good teams, then they will become relevant again. If they beat Houston, Carolina and NO, as well as take care of the others, then I will consider them as a possible threat.

I think the reason people here are concerned so much with them is because they are the reigning NFC champs and you have to take them down to get to the promised land, as well as all the off season rivalry, best two teams stuff in the media.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were only 4 games into the season. Nothing has been decided... I don't think we should post capping on our opponents heart or desire. Niners showed enough heart last year for me to take them serious. Season is still young so let's keep perspective. 2 game lead is nice but we just finished lap one of a 4 lap race ... Gr8 win today but we have to improve in areas especially on offense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are irrelevent and they will remain that way until they prove they can beat 2 or 3 good teams. So far they have only beaten maybe one good team and that is still a giant question mark. GB has not faced any team with a winning record along with the Niners. I know it is early and the sample size is small, but it is what it is.

When they beat 2 or 3 good teams, then they will become relevant again. If they beat Houston, Carolina and NO, as well as take care of the others, then I will consider them as a possible threat.

I think the reason people here are concerned so much with them is because they are the reigning NFC champs and you have to take them down to get to the promised land, as well as all the off season rivalry, best two teams stuff in the media.

I take it all back boogie - The Hawks have only beaten one good team so far, the Texans. ;)

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, how quickly people forget that Kaepernick was the Niners QB when they came back against ATL in the NFC Championship Game. He was also the Niners QB in the Super Bowl in a great comeback attempt that fell just short.

Kaep has played good ball against below avg defenses. When Kaep goes up against a top ranked squad, he melts like Schaub in the Texas heat.

Green Bay, Atlanta, Baltimore were NOT good defenses when Kaep made a play or two and had some clunkers in the SB.

It is what it is. Watch the game, not the box score.... :nod:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were only 4 games into the season. Nothing has been decided... I don't think we should post capping on our opponents heart or desire. Niners showed enough heart last year for me to take them serious. Season is still young so let's keep perspective. 2 game lead is nice but we just finished lap one of a 4 lap race ... Gr8 win today but we have to improve in areas especially on offense.

Agreed. It's exuberance for winning a game that which historical Hawk team would've won? There is never a sense that a game is over with this squad. The OL is patchwork until Okung comes back. That is what it is. THat is why it's imperative that Bevell understand that you run specific game plans for specific defenses, especially without Okung.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's exuberance for winning a game that which historical Hawk team would've won? There is never a sense that a game is over with this squad. The OL is patchwork until Okung comes back. That is what it is. THat is why it's imperative that Bevell understand that you run specific game plans for specific defenses, especially without Okung.

I don't think they even had a game plan on offense, they were just calling plays. the 98 yard drive was 100% Wilson putting the team on his back and willing them downfield despite what plays were called.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they even had a game plan on offense, they were just calling plays. the 98 yard drive was 100% Wilson putting the team on his back and willing them downfield despite what plays were called.

Oh no. That whole drive was a 'gift' you see.

/snark

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson struggled early with the lack of pass blocking up front and it showed. He did settle down and once they started rolling him out of the pocket he started getting things going. I think he made good decisions most of the time and wasn't too timid to run it when that's what the defense gave him.

In both losses Kaepernick looked like he struggled with his reads and often bailed after only one or two reads through his progression and for whatever reason he didn't run nearly as often as he does on games they win.

This was not Wilson's finest day, but he did manage the game well in the second half and his running alone was a big part of that come from behind win. He did have some key throws as well, but he won that game with his legs and that's huge for them moving forward.

Kaepernick looked much more poised against the Rams and wasn't as timid about running when the pocket collapsed. He does seem like you can get in his head and throw his rhythm off and I haven't seen him get rattled and recover in the same game yet. Wilson doesn't seem to suffer from that same problem. He never gives up.

Just my opinion.

IIRC, NFC Championship game, where he threw a pick-6 to start the game then rallied the team to overcome something like a 21-3 deficit?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Kaep looked rattled against Seattle and Indy. I don't think it's an indictment of Kaepernick that the vaunted 12th man rattled a qb with 12 starts to his name by the time the game rolled around. As far as the 49ers heart in general -- the Atlanta playoff game and Superbowl say otherwise. But Boogie is right, it is a little early to be counting all these things, 1/4 into the season? The Panthers game could have gone either way, the Texans game certainly could have gone against you. A lot can happen in a season, but let's have some fun with this -- You guys are absolutely right, if the Seahawks don't go to and win the super bowl this entire season will have been a monumental disappointment the way you're playing now.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Kaep looked rattled against Seattle and Indy. I don't think it's an indictment of Kaepernick that the vaunted 12th man rattled a qb with 12 starts to his name by the time the game rolled around. As far as the 49ers heart in general -- the Atlanta playoff game and Superbowl say otherwise. But Boogie is right, it is a little early to be counting all these things, 1/4 into the season? The Panthers game could have gone either way, the Texans game certainly could have gone against you. A lot can happen in a season, but let's have some fun with this -- You guys are absolutely right, if the Seahawks don't go to and win the super bowl this entire season will have been a monumental disappointment the way you're playing now.

I am speaking for myself but i believe there is many 12th man that if you pressed them would say "You aint seen nothing yet" reason being is that our D has been playing lights out saving us for the most part just like last year early on.
But at the end of the season the offense took over and if both go on all cylinders look out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct....We need to get healthy though before we can even consider that... Timing is a key factor ... So much can happen during a season with injuries and stuff... Hopefully we can get our O-line back and healthy down the stretch... Harvin is gonna give Wilson a dangerous slot threat soon but if our line can't get healthy it's gonna be tough....

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know about monumental disappointment.

See 2012 9ers.

Fast forward to the end of the 2013 season. See 9ers once again.

We will see what you're made of come SN.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know about monumental disappointment.

See 2012 9ers.

Fast forward to the end of the 2013 season. See 9ers once again.

We will see what you're made of come SN.

Yeah, whatever Ospreys -- my point was some of you are talking like your team is so great everyone else is lacking. If that's really true you should be disappointed if you don't win the super bowl, you're so much more talented than every other team out there.