• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Te'o wins the heisman

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o is far from the best defensive player in the last 20 years. If he should win it would be a travesty for all the other, better, defensive players before him.

And Collin Klein, Johnny Manziel, and Marcus Mariota couldn't carry Russell Wilson's jockstrap. What's your point?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson plays 1 season at Wisconsin and suddenly he is Wisconsin's own........

If you would let go of his cock Seattle would probably be more lethal on Offense........

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson plays 1 season at Wisconsin and suddenly he is Wisconsin's own........

If you would let go of his cock Seattle would probably be more lethal on Offense........

Or maybe he was the best example of a quarterback that didn't win the Heisman in recent years. I almost went with Andrew Luck or Colt McCoy, but I can't say with a straight face that they are as good as Russell.

I just think it's ridiculous to say "there were better defensive players who didn't win so Teo shouldn't be a finalist. Outside of Marqise Lee, everyone in America fits that criteria.

(And Russell Wilson has the #12 QB Rating in the league despite being the single most pressured quarterback playing with one of the NFL's worst receiving corps. But of course he is awful. :rolleyes2:)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Collin Klein, Johnny Manziel, and Marcus Mariota couldn't carry Russell Wilson's jockstrap. What's your point?

Are you kidding right now?

Manziel is a freshman, so by comparing Manziel's first season to Wilsons senior season at Wisky...

Wilson had a total of 3,513 yards in 2011.

Manziel has 3,794...with three games still to go.

Wilson had 39 total td's.

Manziel has 33 with three game left.

Manziel gets a lot more opportunities, but that doesn't matter...You get the stats you get'em. And I'm not even saying he's better, just that it's pretty dumb to pretend he isn't close to Wilson. He's every bit as good as a freshman, gonna be scary to see his career stats when he leaves.

He's on pace to surpass Cam Newtons 2010 season total offense....and that's saying something.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding right now?

Manziel is a freshman, so by comparing Manziel's first season to Wilsons senior season at Wisky...

Wilson had a total of 3,513 yards in 2011.

Manziel has 3,794...with three games still to go.

Wilson had 39 total td's.

Manziel has 33 with three game left.

Manziel gets a lot more opportunities, but that doesn't matter...You get the stats you get'em. And I'm not even saying he's better, just that it's pretty dumb to pretend he isn't close to Wilson. He's every bit as good as a freshman, gonna be scary to see his career stats when he leaves.

He's on pace to surpass Cam Newtons 2010 season total offense....and that's saying something.

I'm confused? Is the Heisman a career award given to a Freshman?

All that i'm saying is that if Te'o shouldn't win because there are better defenders who haven't won, then how can Manziel (or any other QB) be a serious contender. There are at least three quarterbacks (Luck, Wilson, and Keenum) who were better last year. That's why the people in this thread are being so fucking ridiculous.

If being the best at their position is what matters for the Heisman, then everyone here should be picking Marqise Lee. To the best of knowledge, I am the only person on this board who thinks Lee should win.

I didn't think that would deserve a long explanation, but here you are.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused? Is the Heisman a career award given to a Freshman?

All that i'm saying is that if Te'o shouldn't win because there are better defenders who haven't won, then how can Manziel (or any other QB) be a serious contender. There are at least three quarterbacks (Luck, Wilson, and Keenum) who were better last year. That's why the people in this thread are being so fucking ridiculous.

If being the best at their position is what matters for the Heisman, then everyone here should be picking Marqise Lee. To the best of knowledge, I am the only person on this board who thinks Lee should win.

I didn't think that would deserve a long explanation, but here you are.

The only person being ridiculous is you. First of all, Luck, Keenum, or wilson weren't better last year than Manziel this year. You are stupid if you think that. Especially not Keenum, that fucker played worse teams than Kellen Moore.

Second, there is a difference between defensive players and offensive players. Defensive players never win the heisman because they don't score points like offensive players. So if you are going to win the heisman as a defensive player, you need to be pretty damn special. All he's saying is that Teo is good, but he's not extra special enough to win the heisman as a defensive player.

In my opinion, to win it as a defender, you best be returning some ints or fumbles for TD's, or be a playmaker in special teams along with the defense.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored-boy.jpg

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person being ridiculous is you. First of all, Luck, Keenum, or wilson weren't better last year than Manziel this year. You are stupid if you think that. Especially not Keenum, that fucker played worse teams than Kellen Moore.

Second, there is a difference between defensive players and offensive players. Defensive players never win the heisman because they don't score points like offensive players. So if you are going to win the heisman as a defensive player, you need to be pretty damn special. All he's saying is that Teo is good, but he's not extra special enough to win the heisman as a defensive player.

In my opinion, to win it as a defender, you best be returning some ints or fumbles for TD's, or be a playmaker in special teams along with the defense.

It's funny how you guys are so convinced that Manziel is the best player ever because he shredded your defense a week after Mettenberger did.

Johnny Manziel's QB Rating this year is 151. To put things into perspective, Russell Wilson had a QB Rating of 159 or higher in 13 of 14 games. Andrew Luck "only" beat Manziel's QB Rating in 12 of 14 games.

Manziel's offense has scored 30 or less points on 4 occasions. Russell Wilson's? 1. Andrew Luck's? 1.

Wilson and Luck both played well in their team's losses. Manziel? He caused their losses.

And as for your beloved stats...both Luck and Wilson put up zilch in numbers after halftime. Why? Because they didn't need to. Congrats to Manziel for putting up 550 yards in a 58-10 win over Arkansas. It proves nothing in comparison to Wilson or Luck, besides that his coach values stats over his players' health.

You have the intelligence of a dead poodle if you really think Manziel this year is in same league as Russell or Luck last year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for a Bama fan to try to say TDs are what matters after you spent all of last season crying to the high heavens that Richardson was better than Ball is the ultimate in irony.

Just off yourself.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how you guys are so convinced that Manziel is the best player ever because he shredded your defense a week after Mettenberger did.

Johnny Manziel's QB Rating this year is 151. To put things into perspective, Russell Wilson had a QB Rating of 159 or higher in 13 of 14 games. Andrew Luck "only" beat Manziel's QB Rating in 12 of 14 games.

Manziel's offense has scored 30 or less points on 4 occasions. Russell Wilson's? 1. Andrew Luck's? 1.

Wilson and Luck both played well in their team's losses. Manziel? He caused their losses.

And as for your beloved stats...both Luck and Wilson put up zilch in numbers after halftime. Why? Because they didn't need to. Congrats to Manziel for putting up 550 yards in a 58-10 win over Arkansas. It proves nothing in comparison to Wilson or Luck, besides that his coach values stats over his players' health.

You have the intelligence of a dead poodle if you really think Manziel this year is in same league as Russell or Luck last year.

Manziel's doing it in a tougher conference than Wilson or Luck.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for a Bama fan to try to say TDs are what matters after you spent all of last season crying to the high heavens that Richardson was better than Ball is the ultimate in irony.

Just off yourself.

So this IS about Ball?

I had my suspicions.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel's doing it in a tougher conference than Wilson or Luck.

He's played three good defenses in that conference (LSU, Florida, and Alabama):

76-117, 702 Yards, 2 TDs, 3 Int.

That's a QB Rating of 115.

Excuse me if i'm not impressed.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot rushing stats:

52 Carries, 178 Yards, and 1 TD.

Yep, he's truly dominated those elite SEC defenses.

And his team has averaged a whopping 22.7 PPG in those games.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU did make Johnny Fucking Football look pretty pedestrian.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played three good defenses in that conference (LSU, Florida, and Alabama):

76-117, 702 Yards, 2 TDs, 3 Int.

That's a QB Rating of 115.

Excuse me if i'm not impressed.

The other SEC teams stats are skewed because they have to play the big boys week in and week out.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart...you need change that name quick. Mentally challenged is more fitting.

You're the one that came in here acting like Manziel "couldn't hold Wilson's jockstrap"..I was simply saying it's not as big a gap as you want yourself to believe. I know he played for Wisky and you're a homer, but doesn't change the fact that as a freshman, he's right on par with Wilson as a senior.

Manziel is the best player in the country this year, deal with it.

Yes Manziel only played 3 good defenses...LSU,UF, Bama...

Klein has played Oklahoma...Texas Tech...West Virginia...:lol:

Oh..I forgot about that TCU defense....boy that's rough.

Give me a fucking break. And don't even try to pretend Wilson played great defenses in the Big 10 or the ACC...lol.

I'm anxiously awaiting your next "smart" post. Actually I'm not....because of the guys in the heisman, Manziel is having the best season..he should win. Nuff said. Talk to ya later.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Collin Klein have to do with anything? He was mentioned in the very same post that you started this nitpicking fest on. I've already said who I think should win the Heisman, but you keep ignoring that.

And I was clearly talking about Wilson last year not as a Freshman. If we are talking about Heisman debates, I am probably talking about the years people were in the Heisman discussion.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor "Uncle Rico" Martinez >>>>>>> "Jimmies" Russell Wilson

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel could start for the Seahawks right now.