• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Hardy played for the league minimum

Would you sign him?

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence at the moment, his talent is worth more than the minimum, but the off field, and locker room issues, is making me lean NO.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed my vote to yes because at the minimum he's cutable even if his whole salary is guaranteed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
desperate times are here. I think bosa is going to be a really good player,but we need more than him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence at the moment, his talent is worth more than the minimum, but the off field, and locker room issues, is making me lean NO.

Yes...no question...if he fucks up...just cut him...NE style.

IMO Hardy won't get his act together until he gets hit hard in the pocketbook...CAR...he got paid for sitting out a yr. As long as teams pay him market rate, he can afford to act a fool.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to resign Hardy, DLaw coming off of surgery and RandyG suspension. Even if you do draft Bosa signing Hardy is almost a no brainer. If you can get him less then 3 or 4M plus incentives for 1 year, you still come out on top.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a no on Hardy. It's not the money I just think having a very big ass on the team can throw things off. Minch was the only one I heard that said anything publicly but I'm sure many more were put out about the shit Hardy pulled. I'm just tired of these guys. The only big ass I want on the team us a run stuffer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...no question...if he fucks up...just cut him...NE style.

IMO Hardy won't get his act together until he gets hit hard in the pocketbook...CAR...he got paid for sitting out a yr. As long as teams pay him market rate, he can afford to act a fool.
In this case, If he is on the roster week 1 his contract becomes guaranteed so you pay him anyway. But, at that small amount yes, you could still cut him of course.

In this scenario I wouldn't be unhappy if they signed him because it does allow you to cut him if he doesn't change, but I'm going with no because it just seemed like all of the advancements we made in recent years took a step back last year and I think he was a big part of it and he really wasn't all that great on the field. He had his one year chance to prove it and he failed. If it were my call I don't give him another chance

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wAnt the team as good as possible. I'm a JG fan and JG didn't seem to want him back. The pickings are slim though. Wonder what Houston would want for Clowney, ha

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, If he is on the roster week 1 his contract becomes guaranteed so you pay him anyway. But, at that small amount yes, you could still cut him of course.

In this scenario I wouldn't be unhappy if they signed him because it does allow you to cut him if he doesn't change, but I'm going with no because it just seemed like all of the advancements we made in recent years took a step back last year and I think he was a big part of it and he really wasn't all that great on the field. He had his one year chance to prove it and he failed. If it were my call I don't give him another chance

I have to respect that viewpoint too...the only pushback from me is they knew they weren't getting a choirboy from the beginning...factor that with the losing...not an excuse to be an ass, but it didn't help matters.

For a talent like him, I still would for that little bit of money (only), especially with a Tomlin, or a BB guys that won't tolerate a cancerous attitude in the locker room for a day, much less a week.

Maybe Garrett is of the same elk and JJ was too much in the picture idk, but the owner should never need to get involved with a player on conduct issues during the season...let the HC handle his business and the players will know the buck stops here...not with the GM/owner.

I really hope nobody picks him up actually, 4 games is nothing...a yr with no paycheck will give him some time to self correct....but we know that won't happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to respect that viewpoint too...the only pushback from me is they knew they weren't getting a choirboy from the beginning...factor that with the losing...not an excuse to be an ass, but it didn't help matters.

For a talent like him, I still would for that little bit of money (only), especially with a Tomlin, or a BB guys that won't tolerate a cancerous attitude in the locker room for a day, much less a week.

Maybe Garrett is of the same elk and JJ was too much in the picture idk, but the owner should never need to get involved with a player on conduct issues during the season...let the HC handle his business and the players will know the buck stops here...not with the GM/owner.

I really hope nobody picks him up actually, 4 games is nothing...a yr with no paycheck will give him some time to self correct....but we know that won't happen.

And that is the million dollar question. Either way Garrett comes out on the wrong end though. either he is a puppet and let's Jerry dictate how he runs his team or he is a hypocrite that preaches one thing and cuts guys for not dressing properly on the plane, but then allows Hardy to miss and be late for meetings and generally act like an ass and do nothing about it. At least not bringing him back allows us to save some face...

The reason this whole thing was so disappointing was because Garrett completely turned around the culture of this team and as a result we were strong when it mattered most during games unlike other years where we folded like a cheap suit game after game...and then last year we went right back to where we had been...He preached over and over about the right kind of guy and doing things the right way and paying attention to the little things and then we have this happen...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is all Jurrah Jones doing. I did not want him last year although I did defend the fact that he was convicted legally of nothing after all the court procedings. His behavior off and on the field was unacceptable acting with complete disrespect to the coaching staff. He should have been cut for knocking the clipboard out of Coach Bisacchia hands. Showing up for work the the "UPTOWN" flu was another reason to undermine the Authority of the Coaching staff.

That's besides the fact he was not good last year on the field

Let him rot no matter how bad we need help on the D-Line at some point the Cowboys need to quit being talented and troubled player Whores and show some backbone.

Screw him let him sit or go to Canada

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. Talent? Without question, but I am someone who believes the biggest problem with this team last year(behind Romo's injury,m of course) was Jerry cutting JG's sack off and giving him a player he clearly didn't want. Hardy is a guy that goes against everything JG (and Rod) preach, which is doing the right things, working hard, team first....the guy is a team divider, and his negatives outweigh the pass rush he provides in the games he actually shows up for

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. Talent? Without question, but I am someone who believes the biggest problem with this team last year(behind Romo's injury,m of course) was Jerry cutting JG's sack off and giving him a player he clearly didn't want. Hardy is a guy that goes against everything JG (and Rod) preach, which is doing the right things, working hard, team first....the guy is a team divider, and his negatives outweigh the pass rush he provides in the games he actually shows up for

Agree, Fug that guy

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you all learn with T.O that locker room and on field distractions takes away from team unity. Half the team likes him... half the team hates him. A locker room divided usually makes for a bad season.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravo Manster for asking a damn tough question.
I was big on Hardy. But when I look at it, everything I believed would happen last year was flipped on it's head.

The blow back during the season for signing Hardy was far greater than I expected.

I thought his impact during the season would far out weigh the baggage he brought with him. It did not.

I expected a far more humble Hardy during the season. He went like 400 days without football but that did not stop the bad comments, pushing coaches around, late for meetings etc.

I know the question is really Hardy and the money but for me it's Hardy or a no drama team next year.
We dodged all of the baggage bullets, Johnny, RG3, Pacman, ..we can't turn back now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys just aren't worth the headache. Time to move on, if you ask me. Hardy is a jackass, and he just doesn't get it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance, and here is why...Last year he was on an incentive laden contract and couldn't get to meetings or be bothered to care in the slightest. What do you think will happen when he is on a vet-min contract? Even less care. Dallas could have cut him last year and saved millions and were unwilling or unable to do so.

I want no part of that man.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Hardy goes without being signed, the more likely he is brought back here. I don't know what he is seeking, if its a large sum of money, multiple years or both. He should consider himself lucky Jerrah stuck his neck out for him last year. But now that we've seen what/who he is, it is much more unlikely he signs for longer than two years here. I still think we'd be better off going another direction, but, at this point I think his value vs our need may seal the deal. IF he is brought back here, it will be on a Cowboys friendly contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Hardy goes without being signed, the more likely he is brought back here. I don't know what he is seeking, if its a large sum of money, multiple years or both. He should consider himself lucky Jerrah stuck his neck out for him last year. But now that we've seen what/who he is, it is much more unlikely he signs for longer than two years here. I still think we'd be better off going another direction, but, at this point I think his value vs our need may seal the deal. IF he is brought back here, it will be on a Cowboys friendly contract.
As far as I can tell, no team has contacted him, thus the reason I'm asking the vet minimum question.
Innitaly I was against it but then thinking how cheap he'd be to cut, I changed my mind. If nothing else sign him to cover Gregorys suspension.