• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal Super Bowl Matchup?(non homer/hater picks if you can)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind a defensive game but with 90% of the people watching not knowing a fucking thing about football, all we would hear about was how boring of a game it was and "the commercials were better than the actual game" shit we hear every year.
Yeah, might be a homer pick but one of the greatest Playoff Games I've ever watched was the Rams beating the Bucks 11-6...........

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says I don't take YOU seriously....

Uh-huh, and yet here you are.

Ball is in your court to prove me wrong....

Do you like cats and laser pointers too? Uh-no...

Framing a narrative....keep it up.

So I'm not being flippant anymore, but framing narratives. I'm quite the multi-tasker!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, non homer pick, give me Cincy and Arizona.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only title we have. It was great and I'll cherish it forever, but we should have a few more. Went through the Barkley Suns and Nash Suns both getting screwed out of titles, Cardinals lost at the last second in the Super Bowl, Coyotes haven't even made a Stanley Cup.

This state needs a ring, 1 between 4 teams isnt going to cut it. At least my Wildcats have multiple college baseball WS titles and 1 basketball national title I guess, but that's not pro sports.

I don't know if Barkley's Suns got screwed out of a title. Jordan was just a lot better than everyone else. What happened to Nash with those ridiculous suspensions is one of the main reasons I don't take the NBA very seriously anymore though. I've been a lifetime Warriors fan growing up down there but I just can't get pumped up for them anymore after all of Stern's shenanigans.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the season start I wanted GB in it more a nostalgia thing for it being #50.
Once the season started my prediction was NE vs. AZ. So I stand by that pick.
If NE doesn't make it let AZ and Cincy battle it out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with the more Homer picks also:

Cincinnati versus Arizona
Cincinnati | #4 Scoring Offense | #1 Scoring Defense | #1 QB in QBR - Dalton 107.4 |
Arizona | Tie #1 Scoring Offense | # 4 Scoring Defense | #2 QB in QBR - Palmer 106.3 |

I would like the story line of Palmer versus Dalton. Palmer quit on Cincinnati because he thought a change was needed. Was the change him leaving the team to make them better? Was Palmer right that he was a great QB that needed more stability? Plus, neither team has won a SB so no matter what, you would be crowning a 1st time champion.

Cincinnati versus Carolina
Cincinnati | #4 Scoring Offense | #1 Scoring Defense | 2011 2nd Round QB - Dalton |
Carolina | #3 Scoring Offense | #9 Scoring Defense | 2011 1st overall pick QB - Newton |

I also like the story line of Cam Newton versus Dalton who were both QB's taken in the same draft. They have been linked together since they were drafted. Plus, both would be first time SB winners as well.

Cincinnati versus Minnesota
This one mostly because it would be Marvin Lewis versus Mike Zimmer, the guy who helped turn the Bengals around and make them a legit franchise again.

If I was to pick a non-home pick though:

Arizona versus Pittsburgh as they both have outstanding offenses and to see the showdown of Big Ben versus Carson Palmer again. May be Carson's last chance to exact revenge on the Steeler's after they knocked Palmer and Henry out of the 2005 playoff game on the same play, and the infamous Kimo play. That hit wrecked Cincinnati's best chance of winning a playoff game before this year.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing a Pats/Seahawks rematch and watch the Pats send the city of Seattle into a depression death spiral.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind a defensive game but with 90% of the people watching not knowing a fucking thing about football, all we would hear about was how boring of a game it was and "the commercials were better than the actual game" shit we hear every year.
why do you think that a defensive game is boring ? those are the best games to watch they are won in the trenches old school football is the best .. nothing better than watching a bunch of guy's beat the piss out of each other .. I dont like games where all they do is trade off Td's .. I get one you get one type of game, I would turn that off .

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think that a defensive game is boring ? those are the best games to watch they are won in the trenches old school football is the best .. nothing better than watching a bunch of guy's beat the piss out of each other .. I dont like games where all they do is trade off Td's .. I get one you get one type of game, I would turn that off .
...Pats/Panthers last SB was a classic tale of two/halfs.......you got your low-scoring ,tight first/half....then you got your wild td/shootout in the 2nd...!