• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will NOT be watching tomorrow's Boise State game live

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of staying up past midnight to watch Boise State football games. This is the SEVENTH time this season that a Boise State game hasn't STARTED at or near 8:30 p.m. And there very well could be an 8th game this season with a similar start time.

I'm normally in bed most nights by 10 p.m. at the latest so staying up past midnight plays hell with my regular routine. And it makes my Sundays just plain miserable.

And even tho I could watch the Boise State vs. San Jose State game via my subscription to YouTubeTV I will NOT be watching the game live.

I will - instead - record the game on the DVR feature available on YouTubeTV and then wake at my usual time (around 4 a.m.) on Sunday and watch the recording of the game with no knowledge of who won, etc. And I plan to continue to do this for every other Boise State game that doesn't start till around 8:30 p.m. from now on. Watching the recorded version of the game will also allow me to skip thru the annoying commercial breaks that sometimes last as much as five full minutes.

All in all I'm wondering why I didn't think of doing this before. So I say TO HELL WITH LATE START TIMES FOR BOISE STATE FOOTBALL GAMES...…………...I'll watch the recorded version of those games first thing the next morning.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of staying up past midnight to watch Boise State football games. This is the SEVENTH time this season that a Boise State game hasn't STARTED at or near 8:30 p.m. And there very well could be an 8th game this season with a similar start time.

I'm normally in bed most nights by 10 p.m. at the latest so staying up past midnight plays hell with my regular routine. And it makes my Sundays just plain miserable.

And even tho I could watch the Boise State vs. San Jose State game via my subscription to YouTubeTV I will NOT be watching the game live.

I will - instead - record the game on the DVR feature available on YouTubeTV and then wake at my usual time (around 4 a.m.) on Sunday and watch the recording of the game with no knowledge of who won, etc. And I plan to continue to do this for every other Boise State game that doesn't start till around 8:30 p.m. from now on. Watching the recorded version of the game will also allow me to skip thru the annoying commercial breaks that sometimes last as much as five full minutes.

All in all I'm wondering why I didn't think of doing this before. So I say TO HELL WITH LATE START TIMES FOR BOISE STATE FOOTBALL GAMES...…………...I'll watch the recorded version of those games first thing the next morning.

I agree that the late night starts are kind of a pain...but it could be worse.

I remember a time when almost none of our games were televised.

As an East coast resident, my wife and I get to stay up past 2 am to finish a live game. Midnight sounds dreamy after that. ;)

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If staying up till 2 a.m. works for you then more power to you.

ME on the other hand...….I'm 65 years old......and as mentioned earlier I'm usually in bed between 9 and 10 p.m. each night. Having to stay up till midnight or 12:30 a.m. plays hell on me and just plain ruins my Sundays. I'm not doing it anymore. I'll go to sleep at my usual time and then watch the game first thing the next morning with no idea who won and be able to skip thru the obnoxious commercial breaks. THAT is what works for me (from now on).