• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to see more of Patton and Baldwin

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Patton's moves on his pass lone catch? He really, really good feet for a WR his size and can make people miss. Also, Baldwin's size and athleticism can't be taught. Put him in and just let him run deep outs, posts, and gos. That online gives us more value than Marlon Moore gave us the last 4 weeks.

Put Boldin/Baldwin on the outside, and Williams/Patton in the slot. Run more 2-TE sets with Davis/McDonald, and really, really want to see Hunter more in space.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Methinks Patton might have a problem with injuries. He missed some time before the season started, and it looks like he had another seemingly minor injury today.

I hope I'm wrong.

I definitely want to see more of Baldwin though. Should help in the red zone, and he might even be able to go deep at some point this season. :hope:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Patton's moves on his pass lone catch? He really, really good feet for a WR his size and can make people miss. Also, Baldwin's size and athleticism can't be taught. Put him in and just let him run deep outs, posts, and gos. That online gives us more value than Marlon Moore gave us the last 4 weeks.

Put Boldin/Baldwin on the outside, and Williams/Patton in the slot. Run more 2-TE sets with Davis/McDonald, and really, really want to see Hunter more in space.

He left with aninjury didn't he?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin's size and deceptive speed is more than Moore n Patton has showed... not to mention to two traffic catches from a guy with suspect hands...

Definitely like to see Baldwin targeted more, I thought he got good seperation off the LOS... If Kap keeps his head up and go through the reads, he'll see it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right Mario comes back cut moore. he is pointless. Guy played well in preseason but just shows the regular season is a way different animal.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right Mario comes back cut moore. he is pointless. Guy played well in preseason but just shows the regular season is a way different animal.

I agree. When Crabtree is ready cut Osgood. That gives us Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin and Williams. And then Williams finally has his new role at 5th wr. Hope Baldwin shows what he's got before the other two come back because he won't see much time after that.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When Crabtree is ready cut Osgood. That gives us Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin and Williams. And then Williams finally has his new role at 5th wr. Hope Baldwin shows what he's got before the other two come back because he won't see much time after that.

Insert Patton which makes six.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No Patton? He'll definitely be in the mix. Also, who is taking over Moore and Osgood's spots on Special Teams? I think we're keeping at least one of them and cutting another position elsewhere. Of course there will be injuries to other guys later in the year that might take care of this problem on its own.
and don't forget that we still have Chris Harper...although he's being groomed more for a HB/TE role.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Patton? He'll definitely be in the mix. Also, who is taking over Moore and Osgood's spots on Special Teams? I think we're keeping at least one of them and cutting another position elsewhere. Of course there will be injuries to other guys later in the year that might take care of this problem on its own.
and don't forget that we still have Chris Harper...although he's being groomed more for a HB/TE role.

I posted insert Patton. Moore didn't play last night Osgood can be replaced. Somethings gotta give tho when Crabtree and Manningham come back. Will the coaches still show the Williams love? Our top three are pretty obvious with Crabtree Boldin and Manningham after that what??

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted insert Patton. Moore didn't play last night Osgood can be replaced. Somethings gotta give tho when Crabtree and Manningham come back. Will the coaches still show the Williams love? Our top three are pretty obvious with Crabtree Boldin and Manningham after that what??

We definitely need to re-tool. Two broken guys and an ancient guy.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So who takes on that ST role when Moore and Osgood are gone? Our staff isn't going to just brush aside our ST unit after what happened in the Super Bowl. We are keeping one of them for sure

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who takes on that ST role when Moore and Osgood are gone? Our staff isn't going to just brush aside our ST unit after what happened in the Super Bowl. We are keeping one of them for sure

I guess marecic no way w keep 7wrs. Like i said no Moore last night Osgood got cut once he'll get cut again unless he brings more than Baldwin.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We definitely need to re-tool. Two broken guys and an ancient guy.

He turns 33 next week. I don't see us extending Boldin on a big contract, but people act like he's completely done. I don't see it. He's never been fast, but that's almost to his advantage at this point as he's spent his entire career learning how to be effective without getting tremendous separation. I don't see why he can't play at or near his current level for another year or two at least.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see any reason to keep Moore at this point. He did nothing for three games, despite tremendous need for someone else to step up. His physical tools are mediocre at best by NFL standard. And he's not participating on STs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people forgot how good Mario was for us. he was the perfect slot WR. He moved the chains and has good hands. Crabtree, Boldin, Mario, Bladwin and Patton and Williams is a good goup. Scary good with Crabtree and Boldin and VD on the field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think some people forgot how good Mario was for us. he was the perfect slot WR. He moved the chains and has good hands. Crabtree, Boldin, Mario, Bladwin and Patton and Williams is a good goup. Scary good with Crabtree and Boldin and VD on the field.

I don't recall Manningham playing from the slot all that much. I recall him primarily lining up outside with Crabtree and Williams manning the slot.

I can't find great numbers, but according to ESPN, he had 26 receptions on either sideline, 15 on the left and right "side," and only one reception in the middle last year. That doesn't seem like slot receiver numbers. By comparison, Welker had 26 in the middle, 54 on the sides, and 38 on the sidelines. Crabtree had 14 in the middle, 29 on the sides, and 41 on the sidelines.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he will play slot when he comes back and that is perfect for us. Sure hand guy running around trying to pick up 1st downs.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Why cut Osgood? He is a ST player.. I would rather the Niners cut Marecic for a roster spot... I don't see Crabtree playing ST when he is available...