• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wanna say it was a great season, exceeded expectations

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense is just hot trash, and really needs to be just about the sole focus in offseason

but.........having said that

I still can't help but think "same ole Chokeadelphia"

Baltimore would have won that type of game, Pittsburgh would have, NY Giants win games like that, but of course its us so we lose. Everytime theres an ounce of "should win", they shit the bed when it matters most

Eagles should have won that game. Foles wasn't amazing but he didn't have to be. Things like Henery choking a FG in 1st half just shows how snakebit this fucking franchise continues to be

I would have been perfectly fine with winning this game and even having Carolina roll us.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense is just hot trash, and really needs to be just about the sole focus in offseason

Baltimore would have won that type of game, Pittsburgh would have, NY Giants win games like that, but of course its us so we lose. Everytime theres an ounce of "should win", they shit the bed when it matters most

Eagles should have won that game. Foles wasn't amazing but he didn't have to be. Things like Henery choking a FG in 1st half just shows how snakebit this fucking franchise continues to be

I would have been perfectly fine with winning this game and even having Carolina roll us.

I can't agree with the Baltimore thing. They choked away a few games in the regular season that kept them from even making the playoffs this year.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3::laugh3::yahoo::clap:

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree with the Baltimore thing. They choked away a few games in the regular season that kept them from even making the playoffs this year.

they were the "hot team" and won it all last year, with a 9-7 record. That's the point.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or punt the ball down to the Saints 1yd line only to have a baffoon kick it into the end zone for a touchback. Regardless, I am happy for this season, no one gave them a chance from the start, they are in a rebuilding phase, a .500 season would be great is all we heard only to win the division along with 10 games, this game was played with house money, nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Nucleus of this team is very very young, they will only get better, they will own this division for the next 3-5yrs if they play their cards right. This was an eye opening loss that they will build off of and become a better more hungry team from. Great Season!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we choked this away. The Saints are a good team that got us at the end. I'm proud cause this was supposed to be a rebuild season. When they did the pre season predictions on the Cowboys board I said 7-9 to 8-8. THe loss hurts and it sucks but in no way are we a SB calibre team. Beating Carolina on the road would have been very tough. Beating Seattle on the road was a looooooooong shot, but then to turn around and beat Denver with our safeties... well, it just wasn't going to happen. We have some holes to fill and we all should be extremely grateful we found a young good QB. Not many teams have those. Maybe only 3 or 4.

I dont think we were out coached at all. We got things rolling after starting slow. THe only thing Im 2nd guessing is if I were the coach and the Saints had the ball inside our 20 with 2 minutes left and 1 time out I would have let them score. I'd rather be down 6 with 2 minutes left and a TO then hope the Saints miss a chip shot FG with no time left. But in the big picture its OK. A win would have been fantastic but we need to be honest that we have some holes especially two big ones at Safety. We need you Jarius Bird.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles exceeded everyone's expectations and I think the most important part is that we have the core of this team figured out - we know who the big boys on this team are going to be and most importantly there shouldn't be any debate, Nick Foles is the QB for this team, which will make it easier for them to fill holes in other areas of the team instead of having to focus on who the QB will be

Eagles know they have a good QB, one of the best RB's in the league and a couple of receivers in DeSean and Riley Cooper, who played very well this season + a pair of tight ends in Brent Celek and Zach Ertz who can give teams problems

On defense, I thought Fletcher Cox and Vinny Curry took great steps this season - Trent Cole(struggled tonight) was very good late in the season - I loved the Connor Barwin signing, he was fantastic and gave the team great versatility - Mychal Kendricks took a huge step this season and while he can still learn at certain things, he showed a lot this season - DeMeco Ryans also stepped up this season - the secondary was hit or miss, Cary Williams made a few dumb mistakes here and there but he gave them some toughness - I LOVE Brandon Boykin and he's got a bright future + Bradley Fletcher and Earl Wolff exceeded my expectations as well

Hopefully the Eagles get rid of dead weight like Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman and a few of the other reserves on defense who can't cut it - another draft in which they improve the defense will make them much better

Special teams wise, they had some really good games this season but they need help there with some of their coverage units - Alex Henery needs to go, he just choked in some big time situations and had he made that field goal, Eagles probably win the game - that was a previous regime pick and like some of these previous regime picks(Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman, Alex Henery types), they need to go so that the new regime can get the right guys in - Donnie Jones was a tremendous punter for this team, he had some of the most unbelievable friggin punts I've ever seen - gave them great field position for the defense

Eagles need another receiver to pair with DeSean & Riley Cooper - I think Jason Avant is a goner and I would look to trade Jeremy Maclin, I don't think he's the answer either because of how fragile and small he is - they need to look for some type of chain mover, in the NFL you need at least three strong WR's, as good as the TE's were for this team, you need at least three really good WR's - DeSean is very good and Riley Cooper has strong chemistry with Nick Foles but they need a number 2 receiver - I think they'll get that at the draft

Also they need a new kicker, as I mentioned earlier and some modifications to the secondary and maybe another guy in the front seven

They may need to even consider their options on the offensive line if they can, if they can get someone that would help - can't expect those guys to play all 16+ games each season - need to give them a breather once in a while

That being said, I love this team's future and they should be hungry for even more success next season - one of the things that makes me optimistic is how they rebounded from some tough losses this season - gave up 52 in Denver, came back and won the next two, lost home games against Dallas and the Giants, then they win five in a row, then they lose a tough one in Minnesota and then drop 54 in the next game and win the final two regular season games including a tough win in Dallas to clinch the division - they'll learn from these good and bad times and will be better for it

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry this was not a great season. It was a ok. I agree with bpnaz......I would have been sort of ok if they won 2nite and gotten smash next week by the panthers. They should have beaten this team by 10. The D gave them chances in the 1st half and the O did nothing. And if they would have won this wildcard game and lost next week or in the conf. Finals.....then I'll say that something to build on. But now, I still don't know what they have.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry this was not a great season. It was a ok. I agree with bpnaz......I would have been sort of ok if they won 2nite and gotten smash next week by the panthers. They should have beaten this team by 10. The D gave them chances in the 1st half and the O did nothing. And if they would have won this wildcard game and lost next week or in the conf. Finals.....then I'll say that something to build on. But now, I still don't know what they have.

Very harsh - of course whenever you don't win it all, it's not the best - but you have to realize going in, I guarantee you that you didn't think they had any chance of being in this spot at the beginning of the season - this team grew together and got hot late in the season - the Saints are a really good team and I think some people read too much into the hype about how they struggle in cold weather situations - that is a veteran team that knows how to win and quite frankly, there's no shame in losing to the Saints - the Eagles probably should have won this game as they had chances throughout to take advantage but that happens to a lot of teams who lose close games in situations in the playoffs - it usually comes down to one or two plays and it did tonight

I know what the Eagles have and I'm thrilled with it - just need to help strengthen the team around the core and they will get better

I'm already excited for what they have in store come next season

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what I thought at the beginning of the season. There is no guarantee about next year. This was a good opportunity for them to do some damage in the playoffs. I'm sorry....I don't have high hopes for this team. I'm tired of division titles....10-6, 11-5 records.....top ranked offense and nothing to show for it. Been there done that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss for you guys. But overall, a very good and special season.

Have to say I've been very impressed with the eagles and Nick Foles this year. Truly expected Chip to struggle more, transitioning to the NFL, but he seems to be the real deal.

Would say good luck for next year, but you know that wouldn't be speaking the truth... So I'll just say much respect and see you in 2014. :suds:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what I thought at the beginning of the season. There is no guarantee about next year. This was a good opportunity for them to do some damage in the playoffs. I'm sorry....I don't have high hopes for this team. I'm tired of division titles....10-6, 11-5 records.....top ranked offense and nothing to show for it. Been there done that.

This is a new regime though, this team has unlimited potential, you have a coach that has a great opportunity to get even better and the way he's handled things this season gives me a lot of good vibes for the future

You need to appreciate this team and realize that this is much better than what they've went through the last few seasons - even in past seasons when they did make the playoffs, it was never as exciting or as fun as what they were able to accomplish this season

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not happy at all. just because they played past what was expected of them, doesn't make the scenario any less different to me. it wasn't set in stone that they were an 8-8 team at best. plenty of teams do this every year in various sports and come out champions.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? The Eagles won 4 games last year. this year they had no clear cut QB, they had a terrible defense, they had some major injuries to key players, a new first year head coach in the NFL and they get 10 wins and win their division..............

They lose in heartbreaking fashion in the first round of the playoffs to one of the best offensive teams in the league.........

Whats the true difference from either losing to the Saints, or losing next week to the Panthers? It's really all the same. A loss in the playoffs is a loss in the playoffs unless you're in the Superbowl.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? The Eagles won 4 games last year. this year they had no clear cut QB, they had a terrible defense, they had some major injuries to key players, a new first year head coach in the NFL and they get 10 wins and win their division..............

They lose in heartbreaking fashion in the first round of the playoffs to one of the best offensive teams in the league.........

Whats the true difference from either losing to the Saints, or losing next week to the Panthers? It's really all the same. A loss in the playoffs is a loss in the playoffs unless you're in the Superbowl.

One of the things I was really proud of was that the core group of the Eagles stayed healthy all season long - and I credit that to how Chip Kelly had a sports science group be with the team, it really helped the guys stay healthy

As I've said before, this team has unlimited potential and there really isn't any roadblocks for this team - offensively they're as good as anyone and on defense they definitely took a step forward, now they need to continue to build and take the next step

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season will be a real challenge. The Eagles will face a tougher schedule. However, if they improve on defense, they should win the division. Plus,I think they will go deeper in the post season. This will be an exiting team next season! IMO.